MTAC AMV needs entries! You dont hafta come; Vid can be old.

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

next year

Postby Rurouni K » Mon Jul 15, 2002 10:45 pm

maybe next year dude unless i finish my blood one soon
You are no longer who you were and tomorow is now yesterday. In the event of an emergency, do not become alarmed. Move quickly to the nearest exit.
Rurouni K

Postby ZeWrestler » Tue Jul 16, 2002 5:39 am

if i get a chance, i'll try sending it 2night.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music~Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation
ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu

Postby Rebus_Valstay » Tue Jul 16, 2002 5:59 am

I'll try to upload a copy of my video if/when I add the blanks on both ends of the video.
[GLaU] Rebus Valstay
-----
Dammit! Where'd I put my cancer sticks?
Rebus_Valstay

Sorry. Try this...

Postby Lostboy » Tue Jul 16, 2002 9:53 am

Arrgh, ok. Sorry. Apparently I overlooked the quota when I set up the upload account properties.

I have an alternative server now, though, so all is good.

I must put a limit of 10 simultaneous connections on this server, because it's a computer at my office. I would prefer not to consume a lot of resources at my work and get in trouble for it. So if you cannot log in at any given time, just wait a while and try again.

The server is lathompson3.utmem.edu (port 21), the username is mtac3 and the password is upload. This account will only be accessible until July 25th, the contest deadline.

Tonight I will fix the lostboy.dynodns.net server. Then you'll be able to send your video to either of them.
Lostboy

Postby Lostboy » Tue Jul 16, 2002 9:55 am

And, come to think of it, don't worry about putting the blank frames on the ends of the video. I can do that. :)
Lostboy

Postby silver_moon » Tue Jul 16, 2002 11:50 am

And, come to think of it, don't worry about putting the blank frames on the ends of the video. I can do that.

Yes! You rock! Now I don't have to do it :lol:

I'm sending in my Ah! My Goddess video. I have my new video that I also want to send in; I have a 320 MB indeo version and a 47 MB divx one. Is it ok with you if I send in the larger, or will it take up too much space?
silver_moon

Postby Lostboy » Tue Jul 16, 2002 1:29 pm

Send the larger one.
Lostboy

Postby Petro » Tue Jul 16, 2002 1:33 pm

Gotta love corporate bandwidth! ^_^ I'm uploading my vids now, and I'll email my entry form when I get home tonight. Always glad to enter a contest that I don't have to even pay for shipping on anything for ^_^
Petro

Location: In the Nuclear Blast Zone of Washington DC, Virginia

Postby Hitori » Tue Jul 16, 2002 1:37 pm

I'll upload 3 of my vids to the ftp in one zip file with the entry form included. And yes, pasv needs to be turned off. Hope people watch them.
ImageImage
Hitori

Postby Hakura » Tue Jul 16, 2002 4:39 pm

Awsome ^^ thanks for the tip the FTp works now ^^
Hakura

Postby silver_moon » Tue Jul 16, 2002 4:56 pm

Videos uploaded and e-mail sent ^_^

Good luck with the con, Lee!
silver_moon

"lostboy" server is back on track

Postby Lostboy » Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:44 pm

I've got the lostboy.dynodns.net server working again now. I would appreciate if people can switch back to sending to that server now. It will lower the risk of me getting in trouble for using my work computer for non-work purposes. I will leave up the secondary server for another day, though, just in case the lostboy server fails again. But I do not expect it to. I switched to a new, much more stable ftp client (on the advice of Patrick, my technical support guy on the contest).

So, if possible, any future FTPs should go through lostboy.dynodns.net (port 21), username "upload" and password "upload".

When I shut down the lathompson3 server at work tomorrow, I will check all the files I received and make sure they are intact.

Thanks, all of you, for your rapid responses. It's starting to look like a contest, finally. I still need more videos to fill the block, but at least I have enough now that I won't have to cancel the whole thing.
Lostboy

Postby DeepBLiu » Tue Jul 16, 2002 9:12 pm

Does that form need to be filled out? and do you need to give out your address and stuff?
DeepBLiu

Postby Lostboy » Tue Jul 16, 2002 10:17 pm

Yes, I need the completed form. E-mail it to me or include it with your uploaded video. It's important that you make it very clear which filename(s) the entry form goes with. Put the filenames on the forms or in the email that you send the form in. It's better to give me MORE info than you think I need than to give me less than I need. I must be able to tell which video belongs to whom, and I must have addresses so I can mail prizes to anyone who does not attend the con.
Lostboy

Postby katrabond0037 » Tue Jul 16, 2002 11:08 pm

Lee,
My and my Studio mates's entries are in the mail;p Let me know when you get them.

Katra B;p
katrabond0037

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests