VCA Unique Category

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Re: VCA Unique Category

Post by Rider4Z » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:22 pm

MycathatesyouAMV wrote:Best representation of an anime or song
pink haze wrote:Best-vid-that-made-you-want-to-watch/rewatch-the-anime
--because I think giving a series exposure is something a lot of people try to accomplish with their videos, and it's an important aspect of the hobby. Better title ideas, anyone?

Best Use of Lyrics
--goes with Best use of Instrumental Music
these.
Spoiler :
Best-vid-that-made-you-want-to-watch/rewatch-the-anime
--because I think giving a series exposure is something a lot of people try to accomplish with their videos, and it's an important aspect of the hobby.
BROTHERHOOD BABY!! ROCK YOUR BAWWWDAAYYY

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:33 pm

Spoiler :
EVERYYBOOOOOOODDAAAAYYYAHH
and
Spoiler :
RAWWK YOH BAAAWWDAY RIIIGHTT!!!
But more importantly, how about a Best Troll Video? You know, bieber, astley, trololo, those kinda videos.
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:42 pm

The title of this contest is "Viewer's Choice Award," not "AMV.orger" award. This is about watching and enjoying the very best anime music videos and recognizing the people who make those videos possible, not delving ever further into a "members only" attitude that excludes more people than it includes. I don't like the idea of creating a VCA award that is focused on trying to shower praises (however deserved) on a very narrow segment of this website's community, a segment most people probably aren't aware of and therefore cannot rationally be asked to vote for. If there are people which you feel deserve extra thanks for their personal contributions to this website, then THANK THEM. No one's stopping you and I'm sure others would join in! Turning it into an annual contest to decide who deserves the most kudos for their good deeds seems kind of against the spirit of what an award like that is trying to celebrate.

It shouldn't matter where people live, how long they've belonged to this website or whether they are the most active of forum/chatroom socialites. If they've uploaded a video, then they've thrown their hat in the ring both as a contestant and a voter. Yes, there are probably voting blocks and ballot stuffing, but that's what the JCA's are trying to address. The VCAs aren't perfect and never will be, but tightening the restrictions on who gets to participate is going to further segregate the a-m-v.org "community" from the rest of the AMV community, and that seems like something that would hurt, not help, keep this place going in a positive direction.

Category suggestion, and I bring this up because it seems to be happening more and more as the result of deliberate attempts to craft this specific type of video:

Most Interactive: Recognizing AMVs which are most likely to move people from being passive viewers to active participants, whether it's singing, clapping, dancing, yelling, taunting or otherwise doing something more than simply WATCHING a video.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:52 pm

DriftRoot wrote:The title of this contest is "Viewer's Choice Award," not "AMV.orger" award.
To be more precise, the full title of the contest is the [year #] AnimeMusicVideos.Org Viewers Choice Awards. Says so right on the label.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

ProjectBarcodeError
Org Profile

Post by ProjectBarcodeError » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:54 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:
Kain-x-spirits wrote:
outlawed wrote:the other online AMV communities seem to really want to win some of these VCAs.
huh ? :rofl:
Then you guys must be pretty liberal with your axes. :ying:

it was for parodizing some possible reaction's XD

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:52 am

Yue, Kain or me (who are coordinators of Empty Mosaic) didn't even react on this joke so please, don't think our only desire is to win... For sure, we would appreciate it but we don't really care, we know how VCAs work and winning depends on so many things that people should not make any big deal on this point.
Anyway, AMV Hell 5 was considered better than Versus, Acid, Inglorious and Memory Flash 3 last year, so nothing can surprise me from now :p. Just kidding! (really, some French inside joke and PBE's one was probably linked to this)

Still, vote for our... Huh... It's not the promote thread :p

I 2nd the most interactive vid award, this type of vid is just great for conventions :).

Zloddy
Org Profile

Post by Zloddy » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:35 am

1) Best debut (newbie video =))
2) Best glamour video =)

Magnus
Treasure this time
Org Profile

Post by Magnus » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:42 am

"Most Effort" - if not already included.
ImageImageImage

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:47 am

I think the person who comes in 2nd place for "Editor of the Year" should get the "LeBron James Award"...

:dino:
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:44 am

MimS wrote:Yue, Kain or me (who are coordinators of Empty Mosaic) didn't even react on this joke so please, don't think our only desire is to win... For sure, we would appreciate it but we don't really care, we know how VCAs work and winning depends on so many things that people should not make any big deal on this point.

I like to make jokes too. :awesome:

Also, how did I miss Empty Mosiac? That was pretty sexy o:

Return to “2012 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”