Shoujocon 2002 Party!!

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Fungie½
Org Profile

Shoujocon 2002 Party!!

Post by Fungie½ » Sun Jun 30, 2002 9:21 am

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hey everyone, there was an earlier thread about this and http://www.shoujocon.com is coming soon!!! I'm bring 10 sampler CD's (Mini CDR's) with a nice version of "Utena In A Cocoon of Love". Can't wait to see you all there!

~Daniel

Silvercat
Org Profile

Post by Silvercat » Mon Jul 01, 2002 12:21 am

I'll have some of Studio Gaijin's videos on CD or maybe even DVD's to hand out.
I hope lots of people will have there work to hand out.
I would love to see other people videos.
Silvercat

"Semi-good always triumphs over evil!" Digimon

merrow
Org Profile

I'll be there

Post by merrow » Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:15 am

It's my first con ^_^ I entered the video contest, I'll try to bring some CDs of my videos too. Should be fun, I can't wait.

anneke
Org Profile

Post by anneke » Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:34 am

I will be at the convention, and I will have some CDs of my stuff to hand out as well. Not sure how many at this time. I have AX two weeks before and will see how many I give out there.

Anneke

MeriC
Org Profile

Post by MeriC » Mon Jul 01, 2002 10:35 am

Yeaaaaaaah.... A place to host the party would be nice. ^^;; Well, we need to come up with a place for this thing, and the sooner, the better.

Does anyone know what day the contest is? I'd assume Friday or Saturday. Last year, it was Saturday, but then, there was no Friday for the con last year. Logic would dictate that we should all meet up at the contest and take it from there.

Oh yeah, I'll be bringing some CDs too, but only of my latest three music videos.
New AMVs: DQCF+P (various Street Fighter) | One Guitar (BECK) | Please Don't Make Me Cry (Paradise Kiss)

Yosho
Org Profile

Post by Yosho » Mon Jul 01, 2002 8:06 pm

I'm guessing that the contest will be on Friday. Then again, you probably shouldn't rely on that...[/quote]

Yosho
Org Profile

Post by Yosho » Mon Jul 01, 2002 8:08 pm

I'm guessing that the contest will be on Friday. Then again, I'm only guessing...

MeriC
Org Profile

Post by MeriC » Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:12 am

LOL!!!! Mike, I friggin' cracked up when I saw your avatar. Great pic. :D
New AMVs: DQCF+P (various Street Fighter) | One Guitar (BECK) | Please Don't Make Me Cry (Paradise Kiss)

anneke
Org Profile

Shoujo-con

Post by anneke » Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:00 am

I've heard the contest will defently be on Friday. However what time, I do not know. I wonder if we can find out the finalists before hand. I want to see if my video was cut due to content.

Anneke

VegettoEX
Org Profile

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:14 am

anneke: If last year is any indication, we won't know what videos are in the contest until... we get there. Last year, well before the AMV contest was even to be shown, they had a pretty large canvas / board thingie with a large poster on it listing the videos, in order to be played (creator, anime, song, etc). outside the room where the contest was going to be played.

Then again, Shojoucon is a (relatively) small con. Your video may be an exception to the rule due to its content, but the general rule for Shojoucon the last two years is that if it even remoately involves some kind of shojou element, it's in the contest (regardless of "quality," because of the small number of entries).

Of course, this year... we don't know how many people sent submissions. I'm sure it's going to jump up from last year's 13 videos and five or six non-competing entries... but I still don't think it'll be a ridiculously large amount (knock on wood).
:: [| Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Website: Kanzenshuu |] ::
:: [| AMVs: Profile |] ::
:: [| Latest Video: Flashback (July 2022) |] ::

Return to “Anime Conventions”