NEW HypeO: Sympathy For The Devil

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

NEW HypeO: Sympathy For The Devil

Postby Beowulf » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:50 pm

Source : Various
Song : Sympathy For The Devil
Artist : The Rolling Stones

Technical Note: This is an .mp4 video and requires a codec pack for you to download to view properly. Just install and keep clicking "next" and everything will be fine.

My 16th video. This is a political video. However, unlike most political videos, its actually fun to watch, and doesn't beat you with the point (I think). I've always loved The Rolling Stones, and I feel this is their best song. It is certainly appropriate for our times, now more than ever.

This was a really ambitious video for me as an editor. I've never edited this way, and it took me a year of trying (and failing) to finally get out of my own way, and let the video be itself, and not my own avant-garde artfag nonsense. In turn, I think it came out awesome, and is some of my finest work. This video is a breakthrough for me.

I thought it would be interesting to show some well known characters juxtaposed with real people to represent the theme of the video. It definitely makes for more interesting watching than 6 minutes of news reel footage. Those film buffs in the audience can have an extra level of enjoyment for this piece. "Rofl, Dr. Strangelove is the devil? Look at him biting his own fist!"

There are shots in this video that show what I feel is evil, there are shots that are there to elevate the intensity, there are shots for you to laugh at, and there are shots for you too look at with disgust and go "...those motherfuckers!" Mick Jagger dancing always helps your bottom line as well, look it up.

I was originally going to name this video "We're all fucking fucked!", but decided it wasn't catchy enough.

For those that have read this far: This video doesn't have an agenda. Its not left-wing and its certainly not right-wing. At the end of the day, the world is our creation, not thier's Evil shit is happening in a lot of good peoples name's, but we allow it, so shame on us.

This video is dedicated to the past, present, and future. Hopefully at least one of those will change, or we're all fucking fucked.

This is a live action video. With the admins permission I'd like to announce it here, as its my home. Enjoy everyone.

/love
Beowulf

Postby Machine » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:54 pm

Saw the sneak preview of this video last night. It's one of the best videos this year!

:two thumbs up:
Machine

Postby Brad » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:58 pm

I don't get it.... Where's the animu?
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site
Brad

Postby Machine » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:59 pm

AtomX wrote:I don't get it.... Where's the animu?

Anime is dead sir. :twisted:
Machine

Postby Brad » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:01 pm

Machine wrote:
AtomX wrote:I don't get it.... Where's the animu?

Anime is dead sir. :twisted:

Yer dead :\ ..... to the world.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site
Brad

Postby Koopiskeva » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:02 pm

nicely encoded |:>
Hi.
Koopiskeva
|:

Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.

Postby Paul Kievits » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:02 pm

You finished it :up:

I loved the beta, so I'll download immediatly
Get my 5th video "Mass Murderer": here
Paul Kievits

Postby JaddziaDax » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:21 pm

not too hott on the political stuff but well done
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby DaCoolGohan » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:10 pm

This is the biggest piece of propaganda I have seen this year. The video is way too pretentious and self-righteous. Oh and making fun of the government is old bag and I don't see its place in music videos anymore its too cliché.
DaCoolGohan

Postby Fall_Child42 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:28 pm

DaCoolGohan wrote:This is the biggest piece of propaganda I have seen this year.

Huh must not get out much.

DaCoolGohan wrote:The video is way too pretentious and self-righteous.

Do you know what those words mean?

[quote="DacoolGohan"
Oh and making fun of the government is old bag and I don't see its place in music videos anymore its too cliché.[/quote]

Please, point me to 5 other videos made in the last year that are directly attacking the government. I would love to see these as I consider them very rare.

But as appearently they are in so many videos it's cliché, i must not be watching the right ones

As I rather like political videos, I sincerly would like you to point me to strongly political videos.

On topic. Nice video Beo.
Fall_Child42
has a rock

Postby Orwell » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:12 pm

This is not AMV. :amv: But still good.

Where'd you get a lot of the non-movie source?
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."
Orwell
godx, Son of godix

Postby Minion » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:53 am

i enjoyed the hell out of that. :up:
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes
Minion

Postby godix » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:05 am

Decent video but the bush=satan and/or nazi comparison got old years ago.

Personally I kept expecting clockwork orange to show up. Alex would have been perfect for this. Nice blend of real and fictional source though.
godix
a disturbed member

Postby Athena » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:16 am

It was liberalicious. Mind if I share it with my Democratic National Committee associates?
Athena
I ♥ the 80's

Postby DaCoolGohan » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:55 pm

Fall_Child42 wrote:Do you know what those words mean?

Obviously I do, since I have the interweb, but I think if I said this video insists upon itself, it wouldn't have been so vague.

Fall_Child42 wrote:Please, point me to 5 other videos made in the last year that are directly attacking the government. I would love to see these as I consider them very rare.

But as appearently they are in so many videos it's cliché, i must not be watching the right ones

As I rather like political videos, I sincerly would like you to point me to strongly political videos.

Oh I just meant in general, like Music Videos by actual artists as well, because this is more similar to that type of video.

Honestly this video wasn't all that bad, it just seems like Beo is trying too hard to make a point with his videos and idk it just doesn't really do it for me. It'd get a 2.5/5 from me.
DaCoolGohan

Return to General Discussion