Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Re: Games That Made You Really Sad/Cry

Post by Ileia » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:58 pm

Kitsuner wrote:Hide and go seek.

Nobody came ;_;
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

macchinainterna
Org Profile

Post by macchinainterna » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:21 pm

Final Fantasy X-2 when...
Spoiler :
...I realized I wasted $50 on that lousy piece of shit :ying:

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Post by LantisEscudo » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:04 pm

Lufia II: Rise of the Sinstrals

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:10 pm

Jwalk0 wrote: Final Fantasy 9
Yeah that game made me said when the final boss "Necron" showed up and I was left thinking "Who the hell is Necron?" It makes me laugh when people say FF9 had a good story. I just say "Necron" and the argument is over :P.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Jwalk0
Org Profile

Post by Jwalk0 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:57 pm

dwchang wrote:
Yeah that game made me said when the final boss "Necron" showed up and I was left thinking "Who the hell is Necron?" It makes me laugh when people say FF9 had a good story. I just say "Necron" and the argument is over :P.
I hate it when certain games show up someone as the final boss whose never been mentioned period throughout the entire game. As for the characters in the game that were fleshed out enough to give that emotional attachment, Vivi, Zidane, Garnet, Eiko, and Kuja were the focal points for me.
Spoiler :
Even though Kuja was an asshole throughout most of the game he finally made amends with his brother Zidane and Zidane's party near his death.
I just remembered 9 hours ago other games I wanted to mention but I think the list of games I already posted is more than enough. Nice to see folks post the games they have been affected by that way or regretted buying LOL, and I'm sure we're not the only ones.
"Someday humankind will come to understand one another! I sincerely believe that!" Fei Fong Wong
"We live to make the impossible possible! That is our Focus!" Claire 'Lightning' Farron
"Believe in yourself, and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." Toonami

The Lord Jesus Christ is the only way.
Image Image

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:03 pm

dwchang wrote:
Oddly enough, reading that statement makes me really want to try this game now.

McDirty
Org Profile

Post by McDirty » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:08 am

I have a long list, but my personal #1 most emotional moment in video gaming is:
Silent Hill 2, the Leave & In Water endings. Particularly, the pivotal emotional moment is the very last line of the entire video game:
Spoiler :
James...
You made me happy.
Monica Horgan apparently was crying after she recorded her voiceover for the letter.

purplepolecat
Org Profile

Post by purplepolecat » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:53 pm

^ this

The part in Silent Hill 1 where Lisa realizes
Spoiler :
she is (un)dead.
The end of Fatal Frame II.

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:33 pm

Jwalk0 wrote:
dwchang wrote:
I hate it when certain games show up someone as the final boss whose never been mentioned period throughout the entire game. As for the characters in the game that were fleshed out enough to give that emotional attachment, Vivi, Zidane, Garnet, Eiko, and Kuja were the focal points for me.
Spoiler :
Even though Kuja was an asshole throughout most of the game he finally made amends with his brother Zidane and Zidane's party near his death.
I just remembered 9 hours ago other games I wanted to mention but I think the list of games I already posted is more than enough. Nice to see folks post the games they have been affected by that way or regretted buying LOL, and I'm sure we're not the only ones.
Oh don't get me wrong. I enjoyed and finished the game. However, on the "tier" of Final Fantasy games, it's near the bottom along with 8 (which also had a final boss that came out of nowhere).

Back on topic, I can distinctly remember having an emotional reaction in Lunar 2, but that was more of a :shock: moment when the game does the opposite of a typical RPG cliche, which was very unexpected.
Spoiler :
Near the end of the game, you are in what feels like the final dungeon and are about to fight the final bad guy. There's all this cliche dialogue about how the heroes will win because they are fighting together, blah blah blah then one of the characters (Lucia) decides humanity is not strong enough to fight this battle and takes all your powers away. Ultimately she loses and your party has to do an additional 8 or so hours of the game to reach the same final boss later on.

I guess I was surprised because there was this "final battle" feel to it and the typical lines being spoken and then the game goes...NOT!
In similar fashion, Xenogears had a shocking moment as well. Well probably more like multiple shocking moments.

Other than that, I unfortunately can't say a game has really had an emotional impact beyond shock/surprise. I hear Silent Hill 2 could change that.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

McDirty
Org Profile

Post by McDirty » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:12 pm

purplepolecat wrote:The end of Fatal Frame II.
Another favorite of mine. They just don't make survival horror like they used to. :(
dwchang wrote:Other than that, I unfortunately can't say a game has really had an emotional impact beyond shock/surprise. I hear Silent Hill 2 could change that.
It's definitely on my recommendation list, however I will admit, Silent Hill isn't for everyone. The original games are very psychologically/emotionally challenging. I know a lot of people who start but never finish the originals just because it's something that requires a lot of psychological/emotional effort to play. Unlike those westernized Silent Hill: Saw messes they're coming out with now. :roll:

When it comes to Final Fantasy, I personally felt FF6 was actually the most engaging. The opera scene is really quite amazing, considering this is 16-bit graphics and MIDI audio. And I also can't forget the famous Goes to show, engaged storytelling doesn't come from enhanced computer graphics.

Return to “General Discussion”