Anime Banzai 2008 AMV Contest Winners

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
zanedomain
Org Profile

Post by zanedomain » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:13 pm

I'm glad you like it.
The DVD is a prize I've been doing sense last year, next year I plan to put 2007 & 2008 winners on it.

The cells are new this year and if everybody likes them I'll keep doing them. They just take a long time to make.
Anime Banzai Staff & AMV Contest Coordinator: 2005 - 2009

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:20 pm

zanedomain wrote:I'm glad you like it.
The DVD is a prize I've been doing sense last year, next year I plan to put 2007 & 2008 winners on it.

The cells are new this year and if everybody likes them I'll keep doing them. They just take a long time to make.

The cells were equally awesome. =3 Gonna frame it and hang it on my wall. Lol. The autographs and the title behind it saying "Best Drama" makes me smile. Thanks a lot. =3

XD oh I have a small question. For the 2007 and 08 amvs on the dvds for next year's prize, does that mean if I wanna see the videos that were in the contest this year on the dvd, I have to make another vid to try and win next year? Lol. XD

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:09 pm

zanedomain wrote:The cells are new this year and if everybody likes them I'll keep doing them. They just take a long time to make.
k cool... i want one :(

zanedomain
Org Profile

Post by zanedomain » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:10 pm

I want to send them to all the 07 & 08 winners, like I want to send this years DVD to all the 06 winners. It's just a matter of money, the DVD's are something I do on my own financially, so any additional mailings other than the winners I have to pay for.

Right now I'm a bit spent from attending one and running a con within a month.

CorpseGoddess
Org Profile

Post by CorpseGoddess » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:35 pm

Yay! Got my dvd and cell award---that is *so* cool!

Just out of curiosity, whose signatures are on there? I think I recognize Vic's scrawl, but who else signed it?

Thank you again--this rocks the house. My first real "award". :D

zanedomain
Org Profile

Re:

Post by zanedomain » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:37 am

CorpseGoddess wrote:Yay! Got my dvd and cell award---that is *so* cool!

Just out of curiosity, whose signatures are on there? I think I recognize Vic's scrawl, but who else signed it?

Thank you again--this rocks the house. My first real "award". :D
Autographs are from voice actors Vic Mignogna, Tiffany Grant, Sonny Strait, musical guest Steve Nunez (Warky) and artists Chris Davis (artist who drew & colored the characters) & Cheri Whimer (painted the characters)

TerryH1984
Org Profile

Re: Anime Banzai 2008 AMV Contest Winners

Post by TerryH1984 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:26 am

WOOWWWW>> I just realised they are HAND DRAWN.
ITTS SOOO COOOOOL.. I first thoguht they were pritned with a laser printer.. then turnign them aech over one at a time, i coudl see the PAINT texture!! OMG They must have taken ages to paint!!!

ARIIGGATTTOUUU!!!! THANKS SO MUCH!!!
ONE OF THE MOST UNIQUE AWARDS :)

zanedomain
Org Profile

Post by zanedomain » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:30 am

I'm glad you like them :D
Yes, they did take a while to paint, about 3-4 hours a cell, 2x painted cells for each award, that's 6-8 hours for each award x10 awards.
I got some dedicated artists that put in a lot of time for this years AMV contest, its a good thing they enjoyed painting them :D

If things go well, I'm planning on doing the cells next year, I'm already working on next years DVD. I don't know if you noticed but the DVD is not a burn. I have connections in the industry and was able to get them pressed for cheap.

It's just few things that I'm doing to get our AMV contest a good reputation along with some recognition.

TerryH1984
Org Profile

Post by TerryH1984 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:04 am

Very professional desu ~!~

mystaya17
Org Profile

Re: Re:

Post by mystaya17 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:45 am

zanedomain wrote:
Autographs are from voice actors Vic Mignogna, Tiffany Grant, Sonny Strait, musical guest Steve Nunez (Warky) and artists Chris Davis (artist who drew & colored the characters) & Cheri Whimer (painted the characters)
Actually it's Cheri Wimmer :D and one of the alternate color cells also has Pat Davis' signature since he painted that one.

I don't think I'll do more than 2 cells at a time next year. 12 hours for 4 cells in one day killed me. Maybe I should give you a design of my own to use, then I'd at least be working on my own stuff. But, knowing me that would probably mean more details and more hours. :sweat:

But I'm definately buying better paints for any cells next year.
It is the mark of a true artist to see the miraculous in the common.

Return to “AMV Contests”