Katsucon 14 AMV Contest FINALISTS!!!!

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Postby Rider4Z » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:27 pm

ooo best drama ^_^ i'll take it
Image Image
Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
Rider4Z
Pirate King

Postby Adv1sor » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:52 pm

Gratz to all the winners!

Another great show!

What was it that Vic Bond did to get a special thank you in the program book? Other than making another great AMV :)
Adv1sor

Postby TheLongshot » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:25 am

Some comments about the contest (unfortunately, I don't have a ballot in front of me, so I can't perfectly remember what was what):

Action: Personally, The Deth Of Anime was my choice, for some pretty good use of Dethklok if nothing else. Was the winner the Death Note video? I think I remember that one being pretty good.

Romance: A real tough category this year. I had three videos I was arguing between. I decided on Love Of Mine over VicBond's Accidently In Love. Yes, Chrono Crusade videos have been somewhat overdone, but it was another pitch-perfect music video for that anime.

Upbeat: For me, it was between the two Ouran videos. I ended up picking the other one, maybe because the Jet song has been overused.

Drama: Not a strong category in my eyes. I ended up giving it to Lily-White, which I thought was impressive for making a video out of a short subject. I didn't honestly think it had a chance of winning, tho. I couldn't vote for D!gital Me, but I thought it was deserving of some special recognition.

Humor: It was obvious that The Anime Network was going to be the winner, and it was my vote. I thought Twincest was a close second, tho.

Jason
TheLongshot

Previous

Return to AMV Contests