Anime Expo - Questions about the AMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sat May 19, 2007 1:04 am

Studio Hybrid wrote:Personally I find the wait to learn the finalists more stressful than the contest itself.
amen.

cherrybomb
Org Profile

Post by cherrybomb » Mon May 21, 2007 3:51 am

Castor Troy wrote:
OniZabuza wrote:Hey at one point in those rules it mentions "Semi-Finalists"... are there two rounds of video selection? or what does that mean?
AX gets around 200-300 entries a year.

Only 28 make it to the semi finals in the 4 categories (Drama, Action, Comedy, AMTV) which are the videos that are shown on the big screen.

The finalists are the 4 winners of the categories and one winner is picked to be best of show.
this guy is right and good luck to the thread starter. I've been volunteering at this con since 1998 and have seen various throughout the years that I disagreed with however, very few are ok nowadays. as far as tickets are concerned erm, uh, yeah, again good luck on that one as all I recommend with my experience is speak/email their dept (amv head) or you can TRY con ops. might help, never know until you try.
Anata wa, Anata Desu

Inaaca
Org Profile

Post by Inaaca » Tue May 22, 2007 10:12 pm

Really? I haven't received a confirmation yet... This worries me now...

ssj4lonewolf
Org Profile

Post by ssj4lonewolf » Sat May 26, 2007 2:35 am

yea I been got my confermation...however I'm not too happy with my entry, I didn't get to finsh all of it in time. I was only half way threw with it when the deadline hit. I was at a good stopping point, but I wanted to make it longer. I'll resubmit it next year with the finshed version.
Oh god, that black dude with the afro is always making those damn trash ass music hip hop amvs...he needs to do something with techno or rock....
.......as if I would do something like that.
おおかみなく

NightHawk
Org Profile

Post by NightHawk » Mon May 28, 2007 6:17 pm

I've gotten my confirmation and I haven't received another email yet (which I should be happy about since that one would mean something's wrong with my video).

Now I'm just sitting and waiting for the list to come out.

My first year submitting anything to anything, so I'm anxious.

I'd understand if I didn't make it, but one can only hope. :)

And I really hope LBCC is great. My only AX experiences were at Anaheim so I was getting comfortable with that.

And like someone said a page back, it might be kinda annoying that the hotels are spread so far apart from each other. But oh well, AX is AX and fun shall be had.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Mon May 28, 2007 9:08 pm

same here. i've gone to the last 3 years at the ACC so i was really comfortable over there. i hope the LBCC isn't a let down.

hey who has been to the LBCC? how is it compared to anaheim?

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon May 28, 2007 9:51 pm

The weather is much better, but it's kind of a bitch to drive there... especially at night.

My advice: park your car in the morning and leave past 1 am.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Tue May 29, 2007 2:18 am

Last time AX was there it was a disaster (two hour line just for the exhibit hall). Course back then the convention center was really damn small, supposedly it's been renovated and is much larger now and more accomdating for the convention. However the proximity of hotels varies widely (i.e. one of the con hotels that will be housing three video rooms is actually about 3 blocks away from the convention center).

So the bigger issue is taht things aren't as evenly laid out as Anaheim but the weather is nicer and SUPPOSEDLY the convention center is larger now.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

NightHawk
Org Profile

Post by NightHawk » Tue May 29, 2007 3:48 am

I think AX should kick the Shriners out of Anaheim, haha.

The layout seems so much better, to me. Plus everything is close by and it's just so much more comfortable.

But I guess we'll have to see.

Inaaca
Org Profile

Post by Inaaca » Thu May 31, 2007 12:29 pm

Well, I guess I should give up on my vid ever getting entered, eh? It seems everyone else has received a confirmation by now, and I haven't been able to get through to the directors... Sigh.. :(

Return to “AMV Contests”