AWA 8 Winners

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Nightowl
Org Profile

Post by Nightowl » Wed Oct 02, 2002 8:09 am

dji wrote:Nate: hehe.. bunny gurl :D ..but Bunny-Triumph rulez tooo!

That shot is PURE AWESOME. Pure. And I want to see these other pictures I've been hearing about... I'm still trying to reconstruct the weekend in my head. It's like a puzzle... a mystery... a mystery with naked people... I think... but not... sure... exactly... and... sleep.

-N

MeriC
Org Profile

Post by MeriC » Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:42 am

Vegeta for president wrote:Lethann: Thanks for the information, good thing somebody put on a list.

Also to anyone who went to AWA: I hate to ask this because of the fear of a gazillion clones of this post. But did anyone see my video Technoshock (Akira done to loud music with inaudible lyrics which sounded like a guy screaming) and see a crowd reaction? I was kind of hoping AD had seen it but he didn't alas :'(. So if anyone has seen my video I'd be forever greatful if you could tell me how it was recieved.
I haven't seen that video yet, but I know VegettoEX did, and he said it was amazing. Now, I'm gonna check it out sometime today, fer sure. :D
New AMVs: DQCF+P (various Street Fighter) | One Guitar (BECK) | Please Don't Make Me Cry (Paradise Kiss)

Paul Kievits
Org Profile

Post by Paul Kievits » Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:00 pm

MeriC wrote:
Vegeta for president wrote:Lethann: Thanks for the information, good thing somebody put on a list.

Also to anyone who went to AWA: I hate to ask this because of the fear of a gazillion clones of this post. But did anyone see my video Technoshock (Akira done to loud music with inaudible lyrics which sounded like a guy screaming) and see a crowd reaction? I was kind of hoping AD had seen it but he didn't alas :'(. So if anyone has seen my video I'd be forever greatful if you could tell me how it was recieved.
I haven't seen that video yet, but I know VegettoEX did, and he said it was amazing. Now, I'm gonna check it out sometime today, fer sure. :D
Wow it's good to hear someone liked it, I gave someone a headache so that wasn't really encouraging (though I do see why). I hope you have Red Wolf's AWA compilation CD though, I kind of don't have it online yet -_-. Thanks for the reaction, that's what I needed to know ^_^
Get my 5th video "Mass Murderer": here

MeriC
Org Profile

Post by MeriC » Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:01 pm

Vegeta for president wrote:
MeriC wrote:

Wow it's good to hear someone liked it, I gave someone a headache so that wasn't really encouraging (though I do see why). I hope you have Red Wolf's AWA compilation CD though, I kind of don't have it online yet -_-. Thanks for the reaction, that's what I needed to know ^_^
Yeah, we have it on the comp. CD, which is how we were able to watch it in the firts place. :)
New AMVs: DQCF+P (various Street Fighter) | One Guitar (BECK) | Please Don't Make Me Cry (Paradise Kiss)

MistyCaldwell
Org Profile

Post by MistyCaldwell » Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:22 pm

I'm currently downloading all the AWA entires I can find :D

Lookin great so far, wish I could have gone.

Now, I really wish there was a way you could just sorta review a video to say you like it without having to give all the comments. I am sure most of the ones I am getting are from creators who really don't need any pointers :wink:

Maybe I'll just be making a bunch of private messages soon. *kisses cable internet modem*

Lethann
Org Profile

Post by Lethann » Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:36 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
Hmmm... You could always watch my Star Trek video! Just kidding, taking a break is good....I'll have to try that myself one day

Vlad
Actually, he put on your LiveAction Vids last night while doing the dishes. :D I LOVE the remake of Gilligan's Island to Battlestar Gallactia... or rather I think I enjoyed watching the credits more than anything... "The rest of the singers payed a $5 birbe not to be listed" LOLOLOLOL

Other than that... all AMVs have been banned from the house for 2 weeks. Besides, the house looks like a hurricane struck.... so much cleaning to do... :?
Shade and Sweetwater,
Lethann Aeda
(aka Quu's Wife)
The Silver Phoenix | My LiveJournal | My AMV-dot-org Profile

Kazz
Org Profile

Everyone Loves Pointers!

Post by Kazz » Wed Oct 02, 2002 1:50 pm

MistyCaldwell wrote:Now, I really wish there was a way you could just sorta review a video to say you like it without having to give all the comments. I am sure most of the ones I am getting are from creators who really don't need any pointers :wink:
There are creators who don't need any pointers!? ;) Seriously, people who think they have nothing left to learn are deluding themselves. I've done pretty well so far, but I know there are a lot of things I could improve on!

If you happen to see our (Studio Gaijin's) AWA Pro entries, I'd be very interested in comments...especially on the Mea Culpa video...I didn't make it to AWA, and I didn't really get to talk to anyone about it, so all I know is that that one wasn't nominated for anything while our other video (which I don't think is as good) was nominated in three categories...

About the only bad things I know about Mea Culpa are that there are field order problems in some parts and a few pieces that I still wanted to tweak, but I couldn't fix either because the source material is on a dead hard drive and we can't afford to recover it yet. :(

Anyway, my point (if I have one) is that comments/pointers/etc. are helpful to everyone, even the ones who don't think they need any. ;)

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Oct 02, 2002 8:30 pm

Lethann wrote: Actually, he put on your LiveAction Vids last night while doing the dishes. :D I LOVE the remake of Gilligan's Island to Battlestar Gallactia... or rather I think I enjoyed watching the credits more than anything... "The rest of the singers payed a $5 birbe not to be listed" LOLOLOLOL

Other than that... all AMVs have been banned from the house for 2 weeks. Besides, the house looks like a hurricane struck.... so much cleaning to do... :?
Yep, it was fun to make that....Should of charged $10 though!

Vlad

katrabond0037
Org Profile

Post by katrabond0037 » Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:25 am

As far as reviewing goes, I would love it if someone reviewed mine. I can never find anybody who sees my vids. I could use the feed back. In case anybody did see it e-mail me. washuutiajin49@aol.com
I sent 4 vids:
Korn to Sailor Moon :shock:
Savage Garden to Kite :?
Oingo Boingo to My Dear Marie :D
Ill Nino to Nightwalker :(

Also CONGRATS TO ALL WINNERS!!
I wish I could have gone... :cry:

Kumagarou
Org Profile

Post by Kumagarou » Thu Oct 03, 2002 5:20 pm

OMG I'm really surprised that I even won anything ^^; Considering the 1st Video I ever made was put down majorly =( Anyway, What did people think of it? I couldn't go to the Con due to lack of money & school.... If you did see it please leave feedback ^^ http://www.animemusicvideos.org/legacy/video.php?v=5235 Hopefully I'll be able to go to the con in a yr or 2 ^^

Return to “AMV Contests”