AnimeNext 2004 AMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
OtakuForLife
Org Profile

Post by OtakuForLife » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:18 am

hmmm...Fine
I'll send it the way you want....
As soon as I can get off my lazy butt to-do-it :)

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:42 am

VegettoEX wrote:It's a possibility, but probably nothing more than a possibility. No matter how much I brought up doing a screening of trailers, the DDR project, the NES project... I was constantly shrugged aside... I kinda gave up on them actually listening to that kind of stuff...

On the other hand, I can do whatever the bloddy Hell I want to do at the AMV panel, so I could always show it then, if time allows. I want a master MPEG-2 of that, anyway, for mah archives~.
Total running time will be about 9:00, so if you're willing to take that time to show it off, I certainly won't complain so long as I can properly introduce it =)

As far as the MPEG2, remind me before the con and I'll burn a couple copies for you and Meri.

-DOKool

genestarwind21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by genestarwind21122 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:53 am

I'll probably be submitting a video to there.

VegettoEX
Org Profile

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:55 pm

dokool wrote:Total running time will be about 9:00, so if you're willing to take that time to show it off, I certainly won't complain so long as I can properly introduce it =)

As far as the MPEG2, remind me before the con and I'll burn a couple copies for you and Meri.
We'll see. What we did last year was after we were done talking, and had plenty of time left-over (since no-one was after us in the panel room), we just started taking requests and talked about them.

Of course, then the con staff came in and told us that the con was being kicked out of the hotel for another group of folks... long story... so it didn't quite work...

Regardless, I'd like to have it. Make me an archive-stat MPEG-2 and a DVD-compliant MPEG-2/AC3 (preferably 23.976 w/ pulldown) and we're in business ^^.

No guarantees on anything, but the more ammo I have...
:: [| Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Website: Kanzenshuu |] ::
:: [| AMVs: Profile |] ::
:: [| Latest Video: Flashback (July 2022) |] ::

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:13 pm

I might submit something, but I already discussed things with you. Depends on a few other contest results. I don't wanna "troll" too badly ;). More than likely I won't win anything (no, really. These are hardly contest worthy :-P) and I'll send something.

I'd also like to accomodate you and submit whatever it is you'd rather have to make the contest better. Then again, as I said, I already discussed most of this with you.

We'll see :)
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:28 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Regardless, I'd like to have it. Make me an archive-stat MPEG-2 and a DVD-compliant MPEG-2/AC3 (preferably 23.976 w/ pulldown) and we're in business ^^.

No guarantees on anything, but the more ammo I have...
You'll have to wait on MPEG2 until the con (as I'll have the credits by then, yadda yadda yadda), but if you want something to show the staff to soften them up I can link you to a high-quality XviD encode. PM me if you're interested.

VegettoEX
Org Profile

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:50 am

It is currently April 21st. The final deadline for the AnimeNext 2004 AMV Contest is <B>May 21st</B>.

<B>There is one month remaining!</B>

I'm looking forward to the contest, so start finishing your videos and getting them sent off. The full rules can be found over on the <B><A HREF="http://www.animenext.org">AnimeNext</A></B> official website.

The convention will be June 18th - 20th in Secaucus, New Jersey!

OtakuForLife
Org Profile

Post by OtakuForLife » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:37 pm

If you are submitting digitally, please include five seconds of blackspace before and after your video; no more, no less. If you are submitting via analogue tape, have at least fifteen seconds.

I have a video ready ,but, I gave it 4 secs instead of 5 accendently
will that be ok?

VegettoEX
Org Profile

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:52 pm

Yeah, that's all right... letting me know ahead of time definitely helps ^^;;. It mostly has to do with the Hollywood card needing a second at the beginning, or it blips the sound... blackspace is nice, thusly :D.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:36 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Yeah, that's all right... letting me know ahead of time definitely helps ^^;;. It mostly has to do with the Hollywood card needing a second at the beginning, or it blips the sound... blackspace is nice, thusly :D.
Yea, I'll be mailing mine tommorrow.. I hade to re-encode it to put it the extra 4 seconds since my Mpeg2 encodes normally have one second in and out... no biggie

Vlad

Return to “AMV Contests”