Sakura-Con 2024 AMV Contest - DEADLINE: Saturday, February 3rd

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
XStylus
Org Profile

Re: Sakura-Con 2024 AMV Contest - DEADLINE: Saturday, February 3rd

Post by XStylus » Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:00 am

(Though, did the rules change slightly before the deadline? I could have sworn there was a shorts category, with a minimum of 10 seconds and a maximum of 90 seconds, and shorts are still listed once as something that an editor can submit, but when I was reviewing the rules again prior to submitting, the length requirements about shorts seemed to have disappeared? I was hoping to submit more than one to that category but didn't because it seemed like the category disappeared altogether.)
The "shorts" listing was a brief and accidental addition to the rules list. This requires a bit of an explanation:

Roughly a week and a half ago I had made a correction to the rules because the registration website at the top of the page had the wrong link to it. However, in my haste to make that correction, the document I had used to update it was one I was using to begin drafting rules for 2025, which contained details of the early workings of a "shorts" category. Such a category would replace and absorb the Commercials & Intros categories.

That error was not caught until last Wednesday, at which point I promptly reverted the rules back to the correct version. So basically, you got a sneak preview of something that is being considered (but is not yet decided for sure) for 2025.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

Animetrix Videos
Org Profile

Post by Animetrix Videos » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:00 pm

Hey, not sure if it's just me, but whenever I click on the sheet to check the AMV status, it always says there's no connection available no matter what. I tried going on my laptop and phone and have connected to different wifi, as well as trying to open it with different Google accounts and it says the same thing. Is it just me, or is it not working?

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:05 pm

Animetrix Videos wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:00 pm
Hey, not sure if it's just me, but whenever I click on the sheet to check the AMV status, it always says there's no connection available no matter what. I tried going on my laptop and phone and have connected to different wifi, as well as trying to open it with different Google accounts and it says the same thing. Is it just me, or is it not working?
The sheet, located here, appears to be working by all indications I've been able to test. Usually a "No Connection Available" error indicates an internet connectivity issue or a web browser issue. Perhaps try re-launching your web browser (or trying a different one altogether), and if that doesn't work, try a reboot.

The current status is thus: As of last weekend, all entries have been sent to the judges, who still have a couple more weeks to go. Finalists will be notified via email around March 6th at the soonest, followed by a public announcement of the roster.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:38 pm

Winners

BEST TRAILER - Izuku Midoriya Takes off by MadMegaTax

BEST DRAMA - Guiding Light by Nekokitkat

BEST ACTION - Forged By Fire by Rider4Z

BEST FUN & UPBEAT - Lose Control by ThatOneGuy

BEST COMMERCIAL & INTRO - Mentos the Frog Slayer by TnAdct1

COORDINATORS' CHOICE - Found x Family by VioletSkies

BEST CLASSIC - Angsty Metal by Silent Hero

BEST SENTIMENTS & ROMANCE and JUDGES CHOICE - Fictoromantic by Ileia

BEST HUMOR, BEST CONCEPT, BEST TECHNICAL, BEST IN SHOW - Run Makoto Run by Qwaqa

CONTEST PLAYLIST

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmNH ... CS_sfXaM22_

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:31 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:38 pm
[Winners]
Thank you, Victoria, those are indeed the official results. Thank you to all who participated.

Ballot images, for those interested:
ImageImage

For those curious about the survey question -- B was the landslide winner (56%), followed by A (28%), then C (11%), and no vote (5%), out of a sample size of 1168 ballots returned. During the kickoff welcoming speech, the survey question was explained in detail to the audience with context provided on the reason for the question.

The AMV team and the Sakura-Con executive team appreciate the new insight resulting from this survey, and hope it also is useful to other events that are considering captions as an option as well. While we have not yet made any decisions on any changes for 2025, we are internally debating ideas and will continue to actively investigate ways to make our event more enjoyable and accessible to all.

Thank you.

Return to “AMV Contests”