The Video Art Track at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2013 VAT AWA

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Re: The Video Art Track at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2013 VAT AW

Post by Rider4Z » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:26 pm

i have pins and needles on which i'm sitting.... k back to finalizing my masters entry.

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:21 pm

Well, all the linked pro entries (those not uploaded through the form) are done. I expected the most trouble with these, but aside from minor issues all were good, and I had no trouble downloading them. For future reference, though it works, Google docs was the most annoying. Dinner time.

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:05 pm

jingoro wrote:Well, all the linked pro entries (those not uploaded through the form) are done. I expected the most trouble with these, but aside from minor issues all were good, and I had no trouble downloading them. For future reference, though it works, Google docs was the most annoying. Dinner time.
Private web hosting with unlimited bandwidth FTW.
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:39 pm

so i've gathered from this thread that sharing our pro entries for feedback is not desirable, but what about for masters? since the judges are already predetermined are we allowed to beta-test it out?

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:43 pm

Rider4Z wrote:so i've gathered from this thread that sharing our pro entries for feedback is not desirable, but what about for masters? since the judges are already predetermined are we allowed to beta-test it out?
The idea behind it is to achieve blind judging as best as possible, not to prevent improving videos. The whole idea about feedback for pro was not sharing with others PARTICIPATING in pro. I'm fairly certain that beta testing is encouraged.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:06 am

l33tmeatwad wrote:The idea behind it is to achieve blind judging as best as possible, not to prevent improving videos. The whole idea about feedback for pro was not sharing with others PARTICIPATING in pro. I'm fairly certain that beta testing is encouraged.
If it's just for opinions though I'm sure most can agree that is fine. Its when someone does it and then tells others "Vote for my video please" that is frowned on. I know that most of us here though probably don't beg for votes. That is I've seen some videos win, that while personally aren't what I'd pick, were still really good and deserved the victory. Not to mention I'm sure more wanna win legitimately than get an empty victory.
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:40 am

SailorDeath wrote:
l33tmeatwad wrote:The idea behind it is to achieve blind judging as best as possible, not to prevent improving videos. The whole idea about feedback for pro was not sharing with others PARTICIPATING in pro. I'm fairly certain that beta testing is encouraged.
If it's just for opinions though I'm sure most can agree that is fine. Its when someone does it and then tells others "Vote for my video please" that is frowned on. I know that most of us here though probably don't beg for votes. That is I've seen some videos win, that while personally aren't what I'd pick, were still really good and deserved the victory. Not to mention I'm sure more wanna win legitimately than get an empty victory.
Personally I think it's a bad idea, as you have more "invested" in something you gave feedback to and you view it differently than you would something you just watched fresh for the first time. It also kills any potential of watching it without bias, which is part of the point since they try to keep it anonymous.

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:29 pm

What they said.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:15 pm

Any ETA on pro? :D

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:20 pm

All the files are downloaded but one, I'm waiting on a resubmission for that one, and am still going through reviewing for lack of bumpers and trailers and other identification. I expect them to be out by Tuesday at the latest... but still hanging onto hope for LATE tonight too.

Return to “AMV Contests”