San Japan 4TW AMV & H-AMV Contest, Results Listed

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Re: San Japan 4TW AMV & H-AMV Contest, Results Listed

Post by l33tmeatwad » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:56 am

AnimeFunTV wrote:Again, it would make no difference since the viewers will still have to see each AMV and make an assessment on it.
I think you misunderstand the point of the simple ballot, the point is the audience picks the one they want to win, not "how to rate" each video. Sure in a way it's flawed, but they don't have to "think of how they want to rate each video." It's simple for the audience to go "I liked this one" and simple to count as you just tally up the votes. Sure it's not "as accurate" but it does make life easier for both parties.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:08 am

The "watching the whole contest" part isn't the ridiculous part, it's the "putting a number next to every single video" part. Sure, your categories might be twice as large as what most cons have, but there's half as many of them. ~30 videos is pretty standard, and most cons manage to get enough votes to feel like the people spoke (or are good enough at hiding the voting irregularities that nobody notices).
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

pink haze
Org Profile

Post by pink haze » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:58 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:The "watching the whole contest" part isn't the ridiculous part, it's the "putting a number next to every single video" part. Sure, your categories might be twice as large as what most cons have, but there's half as many of them. ~30 videos is pretty standard, and most cons manage to get enough votes to feel like the people spoke (or are good enough at hiding the voting irregularities that nobody notices).
Yeah, I thought the system was unwieldy when I was voting, and that it took more fun out of watching the contest than it was worth.
~But if there's just not going to be any more people's choice, okiedokie. =x

AnimeFunTV
Org Profile

Post by AnimeFunTV » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:47 pm

To be honest, the process worked fine the past two times for the contest, mostly because it wasn't that many video's. I could do just a reaction vote like other con's, but then again thats not perfect assessment on which video got the best reaction. I was just trying to keep things fair and balanced by giving each video its own opportunity to be voiced by someone who liked it or not. Its also not like I blaze through the videos too, I normally have a 2-5 second pause between each video for people to catch their breath and write down a respectable score for your video. I also considered our process much more accurate than other cons giving us a bit more of advantage in our results.
AnimeFunTV First & only TV Show in the Nation dedicated to AMV's on Public Access TV & former AMV Contest sanctioning body.
Past Full AFTV Episodes Available on Rumble & Odysee
Other Videos & Projects = Youtube
A UltraSonic Entertainment Production

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:31 am

Bump for the HMV contest results.
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

AnimeFunTV
Org Profile

Post by AnimeFunTV » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:52 am

HalOfBorg wrote:Bump for the HMV contest results.
I have to say... That all the HMV submissions were winners in there own right. xD
AnimeFunTV First & only TV Show in the Nation dedicated to AMV's on Public Access TV & former AMV Contest sanctioning body.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:35 am

The decision to get rid of audience voting entirely seems a bit like throwing the baby out with the bath water though.
| | |

AnimeFunTV
Org Profile

Post by AnimeFunTV » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:41 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:The decision to get rid of audience voting entirely seems a bit like throwing the baby out with the bath water though.
It's not really just that one issue, it's also scheduling. Next year SJ will more than likley reach or pass 10k attendees and they need more time on the shedule. I would love to keep the AMV prelems, but for it to take up 3hrs really causes pain for the events coordinator. I'll talk with him and see if we can move the prelems to a smaller room and it could also help keep things in control as well.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:47 am

AnimeFunTV wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:The decision to get rid of audience voting entirely seems a bit like throwing the baby out with the bath water though.
It's not really just that one issue, it's also scheduling. Next year SJ will more than likley reach or pass 10k attendees and they need more time on the shedule. I would love to keep the AMV prelems, but for it to take up 3hrs really causes pain for the events coordinator. I'll talk with him and see if we can move the prelems to a smaller room and it could also help keep things in control as well.
Do they not realize most cons' AMV contests last that long? 3 hours is pretty standard.
| | |

AnimeFunTV
Org Profile

Post by AnimeFunTV » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:58 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
AnimeFunTV wrote:
Do they not realize most cons' AMV contests last that long? 3 hours is pretty standard.
True, but that's usually for the premiere Saturday showing. I'm talking about Fridays amv prelems.

Return to “AMV Contests”