Manifest AMV Contest, 2010

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
machina21
Org Profile

Re: Manifest AMV Contest, 2010

Post by machina21 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:43 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
bluetrain wrote: 19.
Comment: Our Action Winner, and I watched it win best Action at AVcon too. This has extremely solid and well-paced editing. There's a reason this video cleaned up Australia's too primary AMV events. It's got the story, the action & the effort put in to bring Old-Skool matrix-awesomeness, together with the fast-paced action of the survival horror juggernaut that is Resident Evil. My only beef with this video is that of Resident Evil... remember when it used to be just about fighting zombies?? Why are there so many ultra-beast ninja-hack black-tentacle-wielding insano-monsters... I miss the old days, survival horrors are getting too "DDR Timing" for my liking... [Ends RE5 Review]
Thanks for the kind words. :)

The video doesn't seem to be doing as well here in America, but it's nice to know that Australia loves it. :up:
America hates violence, proven fact.
Video: Children of Daicon (Preview)
Category: Other, Parody, Fun
Anime: Gunbuster (Aim for the Top!), Nadia - The Secret of Blue Water (TV), Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0 - You Are (Not) Alone, etc. (+18)
Song: Twilight, Prologue
Artist: Electric Light Orchestra, Electric Light Orchestra
Creator: machina21 (Dakrewkideye Studios)
Comment: 80s Awesomeness! I felt so nostalgic watching this AMV and as drawn-out as the beginning is, it's worth it for the epic Old-Skool that ensues. I had more fun watching this video than any of the others... (Except for our winner). I will be honest, I thought this would be a lot better received by the audience. Unfortunately not everyone shares the same opinions on certain things and what can be unanimous to 3 random judges doesn't necessarily translate to the con-crowd :( - Not to say the crowd didn't like it, I just thought they would enjoy it more than they did. Check it out, because I still think it's epic win.
Glad you liked it, not at all surprised by the Con reaction.
"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere."

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:16 pm

bluetrain wrote:
Pierced Sky - Beyond Love (Couldn't find it anywhere, I assume it has not been uploaded)
Comment: For a first video the quality was wonderful. Simple, Sweet & No FX = enjoyable drama for me. The editing was quite nice and the song/clip selection helped get this video over the line. I'm looking forward to more AMVs from Pierced Sky because this a damn good launching point.
Uhmm.. I made that video and I'll be honest XD. When I was entering the contest, it said something about checking it if it was your first time entering in a contest, and it was. I checked it thinking that's what you meant ... but I guess you meant that you should check it if it was your first time making an AMV. That video isn't my first video, so I don't think I deserve a prize..

So.. congrats to the runner-up ? (=
ImageImage

Sage
Org Profile

Post by Sage » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:46 pm

Kimberly wrote:
When I was entering the contest, it said something about checking it if it was your first time entering in a contest, and it was. I checked it thinking that's what you meant ... but I guess you meant that you should check it if it was your first time making an AMV. That video isn't my first video
I thought the same thing as well when I submitted "Chaos". Not a first amv for me either (Just first time entering into a competition). I appreciate your thoughts on the video regardless though, and hope that others enjoyed it as well ;)

bluetrain
Org Profile

Post by bluetrain » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:14 pm

Manifest AMV Rules wrote:New to AMVs:
A runner up to the Best AMV category for any AMV Creator who has entered for the very first time in any AMV competition.
The rule is not designed for first AMVs only. It's your first time-submitting to a convention or your first AMV.
There's a couple more intricacies, but they're all written in the rules. We checked up on you xfedotx, and also tried to check up you too Kimberly. As far as I'm concerned you guys have not breached the rules and you most certainly are entitled to that prize.

I shouldn't have used the term "first video" in my comments, that was my bad
*one day something with some effort will reside here*

lindemonien
Org Profile

Post by lindemonien » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:56 am

bluetrain wrote:
A runner up to the Best AMV category for any AMV Creator who has entered for the very first time in any AMV competition.
The rule is not designed for first AMVs only. It's your first time-submitting to a convention or your first AMV.
There's a couple more intricacies, but they're all written in the rules. We checked up on you xfedotx, and also tried to check up you too Kimberly. As far as I'm concerned you guys have not breached the rules and you most certainly are entitled to that prize.

Damn I thought it meant your first AMV :S So I didn't click the option... If I'd known it meant first Convention I would have :(

bluetrain
Org Profile

Post by bluetrain » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:39 am

What was your video called Lindemonien?
Sorry man, perhaps we'll have to rewrite that particular rule for next year so that it's more clear. Thanks for the feedback though.
*one day something with some effort will reside here*

Allira
Org Profile

Post by Allira » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:47 pm

SuburbanPanda - Code Orphen (I believe this has not been uploaded yet)
Comment: The only AMV truly built to the Mecha vs Magic theme. Ultimately this led to the prize. The Australian editor had one goal & one goal only and that was to put Orphen vs Code Geass (HENCE THE NAME), in an epic battle done with barely any (if any) masking. The result: It actually worked pretty well. I think it might have been better with some masking, but its a very honourable attempt. I just wanna know who wins!
I still can't believe I won this... There are so many mistakes and scenes I want to change! There was no masking in the vid, I'm afraid... I know how to do it, I just haven't done it before (to be honest, I'm too scared too haha)! And the name isn't very original, I know...

I'll be posting the vid sometime soon!

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:38 pm

bluetrain wrote:

Oh okay, yay! (= <3
ImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”