Another Anime Con 2010 - Now with Winners inside

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: Another Anime Con 2010 - Now with Winners inside

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:58 am

Yay for pics!

Hilariously enough, we found the bag the trophy boxes corpsegoddess and I were looking for backstage on Sunday afternoon. They were really nice boxes that i'm kinda sad we just throw away.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

CorpseGoddess
Org Profile

Post by CorpseGoddess » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:22 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Yay for pics!

Hilariously enough, we found the bag the trophy boxes corpsegoddess and I were looking for backstage on Sunday afternoon. They were really nice boxes that i'm kinda sad we just throw away.
I was wondering if they ever turned up. I know what you mean, though---they are really nice boxes and I always feel I should do something spectacularly crafty with them, and never do.

And thanks again to you and Dokool for a warm welcome. And habenero Kool-Aid. :shock:

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:27 am

where did you get the habaneros?

I've been trying to find them at our grocery stores ... but they don't have them.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:10 pm

It was a packaged hot-sauce product I got as a gift from a catalog company that deals exclusively in those kinds of things.
| | |

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:41 am

Mine arrived this morning. The award looks fantastic, and the DVD is one I've been dying to pick up for a while. <3

Also, WHERE DID YOU GET THAT AWESOME PACKAGING? I swear that package could have survived a nuclear holocaust. I'd like to know so next year my shipments for Project OrgEditor doesn't cut people's fingers with the broken glass in the case due to lackluster packaging materials and the incompetence of the USPS. >_>

nethernode
Org Profile

Post by nethernode » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:26 pm

Eh... This is me being bloody slow. Congrats to all the winners!!

Anyhow, AAC 2010 will stay with me forever, for 'twas my first participation at a convention... UND it featured my first ever AMV. UND UND UND, I will--most definitely--participate again next year... [70's seasoning... schweetness] und the next year... und the next year... etc. Yeah. :awesome:

Lastly, CodeZTM & purplepolecat, your winning entries are awesome!

Post-lastly, a BIG thanks to BasharOfTheAges for making it all happen. [hope I can be there in person next year]

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:26 pm

CodeZTM wrote:Mine arrived this morning. The award looks fantastic, and the DVD is one I've been dying to pick up for a while. <3

Also, WHERE DID YOU GET THAT AWESOME PACKAGING? I swear that package could have survived a nuclear holocaust. I'd like to know so next year my shipments for Project OrgEditor doesn't cut people's fingers with the broken glass in the case due to lackluster packaging materials and the incompetence of the USPS. >_>
1) Yay! I was guessing at what would be appropriate for the last few DVDs.
1a) DVD were supplied by http://www.animadness.com - big thanks to them for all their continued support.
2) I shipped everything through a local postal service center. It's an all-in-one place that sells boxes, packaging, and whatnot and compares rates between USPS, UPS, FEDEX, DHL, etc. for the best deals for whatever your needs are. Packaging and shipping ended up averaging $15-$20 a person, so it isn't exactly super-cheap.

@Undane_Ninja - thanks. I have fun doing this every year and have great support from the con. Now to get ready for 70's soul train. (inb4SoulEaterYaoi)
| | |

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:05 pm

Thanks Bashar! 20 bucks is a is a LOT, but since I only ship out 2-3 awards for this year's contest, then that should definitely be doable. I definitely want to upgrade from last year's disaster. xD Thanks for the tip. :up:

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:47 am

Yeah, that packaging was pretty dang tough. It took us close to five minutes to get it open.

And since I apparently haven't posted here since the results were announced, congrats to everybody!
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

machina21
Org Profile

Post by machina21 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:06 pm

Yo Bashar, I just got my prize in the mail. Thanks man. :bzz: :bzz2: :dino:
"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere."

Return to “AMV Contests”