Vegas Lagging.

For help and discussion about specific video editing systems like Adobe software, Windows Movie Maker, Magix, Sony Vegas, etc. Please note the subforums.

Vegas Lagging.

Postby sportsgirl1391 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:57 pm

I posted in a previous forum something about if you look in here http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=101349&start=45 you will see pictures and what not that show the issue. But yeah I need help with Sony Vegas Pro 9 lagging. I am using H264 clips and it lags. Some clips more then others. =/
sportsgirl1391

Re: Vegas Lagging.

Postby Enigma » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:06 am

Don't edit h.264, Edit losless.
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid

Postby sportsgirl1391 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:00 pm

Enigma wrote:Don't edit h.264, Edit losless.

I thought thats what I was doing but I must have done something wrong.
sportsgirl1391

Postby Kaream » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:30 am

Sony Vegas 9 sucks, get 8.
And yeah, edit losless.
Kaream

Postby NS » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:57 pm

there are threads that will tell you how to convert your clips to an uncompressed source. I've edited with h264 and mov and other weird shit in vegas before, and while it is possible it's not ideal, because vegas will perform kind of slowly.

I will also add a sidenote/opinion that I do hate when people come in here and answer a question without really saying anything helpful. Now I may not have exactly linked this person to a thread that will tell them how to get clips that they can used to edit in vegas well, I told them that they are out there so they aren't being told "ok..so I know what I have to get to...but how the hell do I get to it?" The attitude you both are presenting just seems very arrogant and I woulda kinda like to see in toned down in the future, but I can't really do anything about it...it's just

/rant
ImageImage
NS
I like pants

Postby Chrisoname » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:12 pm

Kaream wrote:Sony Vegas 9 sucks, get 8.
And yeah, edit losless.

I use Sony Vegas 10.. is that bad? :/
Chrisoname

Postby Begi » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:23 pm

Chrisoname wrote:
And yeah, edit losless.

Don't mind him, Kaream is a dumbass.

You could simply just import the source into Vegas and then render it as .avi uncompressed or lossless. (I personally prefer lossless)
Begi

Postby HalOfBorg » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:35 pm

I've been trying out Vegas 10, and I have noticed is it randomly loses the codecs for some of my clips (at least that's what it looks like). The clip in the timeline/preview/rendered will either go black or become scrambled. The only fix seems to be close project and re-open. (might be my netbook, but 8 never did that).

Also, when Vegas 10 is running, my netbook will not go into standby. Vegas is not doing anything, just sitting there, but close lid OR click Standy in the Start Button menu and it does nothing. Close Vegas, standby works as usual. I need to look, see if it's an option in preferences.
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
HalOfBorg

Postby Kaream » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:18 pm

Begi wrote:
Chrisoname wrote:
And yeah, edit losless.

Don't mind him, Kaream is a dumbass.

You could simply just import the source into Vegas and then render it as .avi uncompressed or lossless. (I personally prefer lossless)

Ok first of all do not use Vegas to encode your files genius. Go download amvapp and read up on the guides.
Kaream

Postby Enigma » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:25 pm

.....lol
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid

Postby Magnus » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:13 am

Kaream wrote:
Begi wrote:Don't mind him, Kaream is a dumbass.

Ok first of all do not use Vegas to encode your files genius. Go download amvapp and read up on the guides.

Doesn't matter "genius". As long as the source you use already is in the desired quality, you could use any software for the re-compressing as long as you can apply a lagarith/huffyuv codec to it...
ImageImageImage
Magnus
Treasure this time

Postby shawnnm2 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:11 pm

(Shift-B) I got sony vegas 10 its dam fast for me.
shawnnm2

Postby steelbaz » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:33 pm

Sony Vegas 10 is buggy as hell, Vegas 8 ran much smoother. I have Vegas 9e but haven't got around to using it, working in Vegas 10 pro, and 9e can't open up the project, so...
steelbaz

Postby NS » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:03 pm

well if you saved the project file in 10, you won't be able to open it in 9. Video editing programs aren't backwards compatible like that.
ImageImage
NS
I like pants

Postby post-it » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:28 pm

Chrisoname wrote:.. I use Sony Vegas 10.. is that bad? :/
.. not really, no.

There are a few things which are still being worked-out with System-7 and Vegas 9 & 10 seems
to be trying to take advantage of something which MicroSoft forgot to update before releasing it to the public.
it happens!

for now, and to have "piece of mind" when editing, use Vegas 8 -or- 8 Pro until MicroSoft updates itself
to the standards that it said the software "could do!" .. .. if the problem were a Sony Issue, then Sony
would have released an Up-Date to Fix and/or Repair what they did wrong. No Up-Date from Sony; its
MicroSofts Problem!
8-)
post-it

Next

Return to Video Editing Software