How much longer

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
Drachir21
Org Profile

How much longer

Post by Drachir21 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:33 am

Yeah so I just made my first amv i will post it but it is still saving on windows movie maker how much longer will it take?????
-Richard
Half Breeds are half breeds,
Demons are Demons

Chibi war
Org Profile

Post by Chibi war » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:42 am

How should we know? :B
Depends on a lot of stuff.Justwait.

vinyaya
Org Profile

Post by vinyaya » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:02 pm

well first u gotta say how long its taken...
if it wont save ur gonna hafta do the amazing WMM piecing process where u divide ur AMV into several clips and then save em separately and import them back

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:36 am

the answer to this question depends on many factors.
To name a few:
1. your system and how it performs
2. the size/length/complexity of the project(amv)
3. What level of quality you are exporting it as (ie, best, low DV_AVI etc)

I won't go on much more.

An average amv 3-5 minutes would take me about 120 seconds these days If i were still editing in this program... but prior to my system upgrade it could take up to 10-12minutes.
If it is taking longer than 20-30 minutes and you a have a pretty decent PC then you have a problem (see the FAQ sticky at the top of this forum to help you save your file). If the estimated time keeps going up then you still have a problem and should still read the sticky.
new banzors in the making :p

Wheee_It's_Me!
Org Profile

Re: How much longer

Post by Wheee_It's_Me! » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:17 am

Drachir21 wrote:Yeah so I just made my first amv i will post it bu-snip-
Please, don't. Wait until you've made at least FIVE and THEN post. Also actively seek to improve the quality of editing each time you make a new one. Practice, practice, practice! Trust me, it's HIGHLY unlikely that anyone is going to appreciate or even enjoy your first video (especially if you're using WMM to create it) outside of maybe one or two fanbois or fangurls of whatever song/anime you happen to be using. The exception to that is if you're perhaps some kind of a film school student and you've got some level of experience in video editing and encoding...using WMM is a sure sign that you're not though.
lbh unq n fvt ohg V ngrq vg ;_;

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:26 am

Wheee_It's_Me! wrote:
Please, don't. Wait until you've made at least FIVE and THEN post. Also actively seek to improve the quality of editing each time you make a new one. Practice, practice, practice! Trust me, it's HIGHLY unlikely that anyone is going to appreciate or even enjoy your first video (especially if you're using WMM to create it) outside of maybe one or two fanbois or fangurls of whatever song/anime you happen to be using. The exception to that is if you're perhaps some kind of a film school student and you've got some level of experience in video editing and encoding...using WMM is a sure sign that you're not though.
:roll:

Nekoyoukai
Org Profile

Post by Nekoyoukai » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:03 am

Wheee_It's_Me! wrote:
Don't even bother listening to him.
ImageImage

Choose your words carefully. Anything you say may be thrown back in your face with vicious sarcasm.

Wheee_It's_Me!
Org Profile

Post by Wheee_It's_Me! » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:04 am

CrackTheSky wrote::roll:
You know something that I don't think a lot of you seem to grasp is how much of a target you're making yourselves. Let me try and put this in the simplest way possible:

The more videos that are on animemusicvideos.org the higher the chance of it becoming a suitable target by the RIAA.

Your actions are naive and foolish at best and they WILL destroy you in the end, mark my words. If you all had any sense at all you would start putting definite restrictions on uploading videos and how long you keep them available. For example any video that has less than 3 stars will get dumped after one year or say any video that has had less than 10 downloads over the course of say six months. That would reduce the overall number of video available to download at any given time, but it would also extend the life of this site considerably. And also, n00bs should be ACTIVELY DISCOURAGED from posting "ZOMG ITS IS MY FIRSTEST VIDEO" AMVs, since the VAST MAJORITY of those posters are usually one flop wonders who wind up piling the garbage up on the site and give this place a reputation for a repository of music "cleverly" hidden in video files. It doesn't exactly take a rocket scientist to strip out an MP3 from any of these vids on teh .org and that is VERY much what it looks like the .org is being used for with so many hack 'n trash vids. Here's a random thought, how many vids on the org even have more than 3 stars? Is it even 10% of the total number?

*shakes head*

You just keep rollin yer eyes though kiddo, I'll be the one tellin ya I told you so in the end.

Nekoyoukai
Org Profile

Post by Nekoyoukai » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:09 am

:roll:
ImageImage

Choose your words carefully. Anything you say may be thrown back in your face with vicious sarcasm.

Wheee_It's_Me!
Org Profile

Post by Wheee_It's_Me! » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:26 am

Instead of rolling your eyes Nekoyoukai why don't you post what you sent in PM, here, I'll do it for you, along with my response:
Nekoyoukai wrote:So what you basically told this poor person is that unless your a professional or are at a professional level don't even bother. I'm sorry but minus throwing away thousands of dollars like you did into school how are us noobs ever suposed to reach your level of greatness?
Free cl00, Kiddo...I didn't learn anything in school, I went there for the degree to confirm what I ALREADY KNEW, so I could convince corporate pencil pushers and HR types that I could actually do what I claimed (you'd be surprised at how easy it is for someone to fake a portfolio these days).

It isn't about being a professional or not, it's about the art and more importantly it's about whether this place will even be here or not in the next five years. I never said it was a happy place or smiles all around, but it *IS* a reality. The REALITY is that a lot of n00b AMV posters make a vid, post it, and then they DON'T get the praising reaction they were expecting to get and then they simply get discouraged, leave, give up and then that piece of trash sits on the server screaming, "Hey, look at me, I'm a fuckin target!"

I believe in HONESTY and I don't think that people really do enough around here to get that concept across to n00b editors. I mean, what do you want me to lie to the guy? Do you want me to say somethin like, "Hey, go ahead and post it, man I just love vids crapped out in WMM, they're just AWESOME, especially if it's yer FIRST vid, boy those ALWAYS get at LEAST 4 stars!

I'm honest and I'm practical and I don't believe in codling people or lying to them, if you do...that's your deficiency.

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”