You Don't Know What You're Missing

ZaCloud
Org Profile

You Don't Know What You're Missing

Post by ZaCloud » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:29 pm

Alright, I look like a feather-laced pimp flaunting all my wealth, yet I haven't had a single acknowledgement of these fine young videos! I'm not trying to be annoying. It's just that you good people deserve to see cool things! :P I consider it my civic duty to keep the populace from being deprived of goodstuff!

DZX Productions is a great, great assortment of editors. Yet nobody seems to know they exist. Could it be that they do not truly exist, because existence is only wrought through being acknowledged by others? And since so few acknowledge their presence, they therefore are only a figment of a few dimented minds?

Make the dream real...

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=57335
"IRIA - Complete Authority" by AltruisticCrono

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=56187
"Hollow" by Prodigi

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=31721
"Final Fantasy VIII - In My Dreams" by SephirothX

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=44332
"Broken Life" by Prodigi

---

And, while these are not eligible for the contest due to their dates, they are eligible for your time, being such cool creations.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=25059
"Final Fantasy 7 - Never Turn Away" by AltruisticCrono

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=12404
"Chrono Fantasy - Death is No Option" by AltrusticCrono (Warning: Very heavy on the emotion of finality)

Prodigi
is the conductor.
Org Profile

Post by Prodigi » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:45 pm

i definately second everything up there that you wrote (except maybe Broken Life).

DZX is little known, which is rather disappointing due to some of the amazing videos they do have. Especially Death Is No Option. That was created in Movie Maker years ago it is STILL an amazing piece of edited work.

Complete Authority is a video which is a must for getting nominated for Best Action. That video isn't just some mindless action video with explosions and fights, it's a well planned and thought out video detailing the entire storyline of Iria. (don't be discouraged because it's Linkin Park, or because Iria hasn't had many success's. It revives both the song and the anime. i have viewed it many MANY times and cannot find one flaw in the video itself. the credits are a bit long but that's not a flaw in the video itself)

Hollow is a video i'm very proud of. From the responses i've had for it i'd suggest having a look. Like Complete Authority the credits run a bit long >_<, well a bit is a little bit of an understatement, but yeh. Still worth a look according to others.

In My Dreams is a must have for any Final Fantasy lover. It tells the story perfectly while using some very unique and rare special effects that enhance the video. I'd definately want ppl to vote for this as best Drama. A truly flawless piece of art. Beautiful. Simply Beautiful.

ShadowPhoenix88
Org Profile

From a Long-Time Fan

Post by ShadowPhoenix88 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:22 pm

First off, Prodigi, you're selling yourself short. "Broken Life" was an amazing piece of work with brilliant edits. You're humble, though, I'll vie you that :P

Hi, all. I've been a fan of DZX Productions for about a year and a half now, and I'm a dedicated part of their fanbase (where I go by "shadowphoenix88"). I am not only a fan because of their videos, but because of the other facets of their personalities and talents. But no one really cares about such things as those right now, so I'll cut the crap and get straight to the point.

Everyone who has ever downloaded a video from a-m-v.org (or any other site) is quite familiar with the extroardinairy amounts of Linkin-Ball videos that plague the servers with their disparate frames, rehashed concepts, and basic editing flaws that make our eyes and ears bleed. The same doesn't just apply to Linkin Park or to Dragonball Z. Various recycled bands and animes are used over and over again, and the result is almost always the same. Not so with DZX.

My first impression of DZX productions was utter amazement from the get-go. One of the first videos that I downloaded was Archangel Zero's "Hold So Dear," a video that takes Final Fantasy VIII footage and really does something with it. I had never heard the song in an AMV before and it fit exquisitely. It was a beautiful piece that showed that you didn't need a billion special effects crammed into the first five seconds to create a true masterpiece. I began expanding my collection of DZX vids and noticed that every single one of their videos held the same kind of ingenuity. If they used a common song, it was for a purpose and it really worked. Their ideas were not always completely unique and original, but they were always given a special twist and a true identity to stand out against other vids with the same idea. And time after time I saw that not every video has to have special effects to survive indefinitely. These are unrecognized classics that are simple, yet eloquent. Potent. Etc.

Above are the two newest members of DZX Productions. Both relative rookies to the business and I can already see the vast potential that they bring to this ingenious craft. All six members have great ideas, and whether their video-making technology is the the top of the line or not, they always strive to bring their audiences "Entertainment with Style." And they most certainly deliver. From mind-blowing stunts in Sephiroth X's Matrix videos (though not eligible) to emotional outbursts in Altruistic Crono's and Archangel Zero's many dramatic undertakings or the heart-pounding action videos seen by all members, the style and the concept are always brought to the forefont to deliver a performance that as a musician I can wholeheartedly give a standing ovation to. Its a learning process, and all 6 members are well on their way in that process.

But don't take my word for it. Just type "DZX Productions" into the studio box and download some of the available videos. See how far they've come and how elegantly they portray their messages. You won't be disappointed.

Solaria735
Org Profile

Post by Solaria735 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:57 pm

DZX is actually the studio that got me into AMVs. People should definitely check out their stuff. ^-^

Prodigi
is the conductor.
Org Profile

Post by Prodigi » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:37 am

i'm sooo ashamed... i forgot a very very good video in the DZX archive...

most people give it low star ratings, and low opinions because of the sub-par quality, but if you brush the quality aside and look at the impressive editing skill used you will see this is a quite skillful video.

I hereby declare that people should definately view _Ice-Angel_'s "Drown the Monster"

while using a very powerful song, she doesn't resort to making a mindless action video. She thought out this video and put 60+ hours of effort into it. A must have for any DZX, Final Fantasy VIII, or In Flames fan.

Drown The Monster

ZaCloud
Org Profile

Re: Drown the Monster

Post by ZaCloud » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:41 am

Oh, garsh! *^_^*

*blushes and draws in the dirt with her toe* Thanks Prodigiiiii....

The Waffle King
Org Profile

Post by The Waffle King » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:41 am

Yes yes, these videos are awesomely good. Really some of the best I've seen. They do deserve some recognition. Go everybody on the DZX team, go like the wind with stuff! >.<
p|-|34r /\/\y l337 \/\/4ffl3 4(710|\|

ZaCloud
Org Profile

O_O

Post by ZaCloud » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:50 pm

Oh

My

GOSH!

I just found this crazy thing! Now this definitely gets props for originality! Game audio! An evil turd! Dragonball Z! WTF?!?!?! :lol:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... d_id=34991

(And no it's not DZX, it just needs noticed!!! :P )

Prodigi
is the conductor.
Org Profile

Post by Prodigi » Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:20 am

Solaria735 wrote:DZX is actually the studio that got me into AMVs. People should definitely check out their stuff. ^-^
i guess that point has now been proven fully seeing as they now have a video in the semi finals - Hollow - which is running for best Horror/Terror

Check it out and give it a vote if you feel satisfied with it.[/url]

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2005”