AMV Salad 4: TV Dinner (next stop - Nekocon)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Squancho
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 4: TV Dinner (OFFICIALLY OPEN)

Post by Squancho » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:46 am

Personally, and this thought just occurred to me, I find it amusing we're getting that reaction at the end. It's probably because the last clip ends so abruptly and everyone is expecting another commercial.

BUT we can use this as an opening device for this year's video. Treat it like a continuation; a segue way. Stating with the last clip of AMVS3 (in black and white), it would be like a "Last time, on [amvs]..." without actually saying so. As far as the intro, I was inspired by the opening for the AniMix Project, but the actual title screen would be backed by a clip of the ZZ Top song, "TV Dinners." I'll work up a rough model and show you what I mean and y'all can tell me what more / less / whatever can be done with it.

*feels creative again*
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:46 pm

So, I heard someone beat me to my Hancock Idea? LMAO. Amazing.

Still, I'm sorry I didn't get anything last year. I'll be putting in a few vids this year. Not a whole lotta work going into them. Just going to try and be as funny as possible XD
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

Angelyco
Org Profile

Post by Angelyco » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:58 pm

I'm claiming the Fraggle Rock theme song. Mine. :twisted:
ImageImage
ImageImage

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:07 am

deuceloosely wrote:Personally, and this thought just occurred to me, I find it amusing we're getting that reaction at the end. It's probably because the last clip ends so abruptly and everyone is expecting another commercial.

BUT we can use this as an opening device for this year's video. Treat it like a continuation; a segue way. Stating with the last clip of AMVS3 (in black and white), it would be like a "Last time, on [amvs]..." without actually saying so. As far as the intro, I was inspired by the opening for the AniMix Project, but the actual title screen would be backed by a clip of the ZZ Top song, "TV Dinners." I'll work up a rough model and show you what I mean and y'all can tell me what more / less / whatever can be done with it.

*feels creative again*
I think it's pretty obvious that the whole thing was pretty good and everyone laughed their asses off, and when that ended it's sad so they go 'awwww' :D The intro isn't bound by time or credits needing to go by, so you can shoot for whatever you want to intro-wise but the credits require far more consideration. A suggestion though: try to keep the intro below 45 seconds. At Otakon the Reservoire Dogs clip got only a few chuckles of recognition and only when the title came up. The text on the bottom broke it up a bit, but One Piece Mass Suicides got the only real reaction. And since the version was the one before the final, the Scout "Play Ball" typo got a few 'Wtf...? Wtf is negative space?" Note to self... double-check my naming conventions next time ^^
ImageImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:26 am

TwilightChrono wrote:So, I heard someone beat me to my Hancock Idea? LMAO. Amazing.

Still, I'm sorry I didn't get anything last year. I'll be putting in a few vids this year. Not a whole lotta work going into them. Just going to try and be as funny as possible XD
I'm confident you can deliver. As far as the Hancock thing,...did you go to Otakon? Did anyone you know who went there know about this trailer you were planning? I have a hard time believing someone else came up with the exact same idea. For all I know, it could have been you I talked to that Saturday afternoon by the fountains. Hmmm...
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
(2020 - 2021)

MaggIvy
Org Profile

Post by MaggIvy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:02 pm

deuceloosely wrote:MaggIvy
Commercials are fine. We just won't be doing a ton of them this time. ;)
What about video game footage?

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:36 am

MaggIvy wrote:
deuceloosely wrote:MaggIvy
Commercials are fine. We just won't be doing a ton of them this time. ;)
What about video game footage?
Not a problem. I'm intrigued by whatever it is you're plotting here... ;)
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
(2020 - 2021)

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:24 am

deuceloosely wrote:
TwilightChrono wrote:So, I heard someone beat me to my Hancock Idea? LMAO. Amazing.

I'm confident you can deliver. As far as the Hancock thing,...did you go to Otakon? Did anyone you know who went there know about this trailer you were planning? I have a hard time believing someone else came up with the exact same idea. For all I know, it could have been you I talked to that Saturday afternoon by the fountains. Hmmm...
You are the only person I told about that. I have a hard time believing that as well. You aren't the only one my friend. I'm thinking of going somewhere along the lines of Mirror's Edge Footage Combined With A Condom Commercial......still thinking XD

By the fountains.....me? N-nooooooo [Looks Side To Side Suspiciously]
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

Draw it blank
Org Profile

Post by Draw it blank » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:37 am

If someone already asked this...oops

But can we use trailers?, would that be considered a commercial.
We came we saw...we attempted to kick ass, but in the end we failed, and yes, I'm still in pain.

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:09 pm

Draw it blank wrote:If someone already asked this...oops

But can we use trailers?, would that be considered a commercial.
I'm not a Grinch. :P

Trailers are fine. We'll need a few commercials or whatever to break up the "regularly-scheduled programming." It's gonna be something similar to AMVS3 but more themed toward being like watching an actual TV show (complete with little intros and outros). I wanna stretch the content this year to a half-hour or more... :sweat:
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
(2020 - 2021)

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”