The Fame Monster - uploaded! - Check announcements thread!

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Re: The Fame Monster - Full beta deadline due 29th January

Post by AimoAio » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:38 pm

Updates!

Finished the credits. |:> Uploading it now so a link should be sent out via PM in a moment.

There's still a few touch-ups I still need to work on, namely some more cleaning on some of those scans. Especially the last four, I've only removed the text overlapping the images but I haven't done actual cleaning on the extra stuff still on it. (Tamaki's wine glass, petals on Ohana, the blue colouring on Yukari's hair..etc.) So ignore those minor mishaps for now. Also at 0:10 with the Bakemonogatari scan, those vertical bars that are going up and down the screen should NOT be there and will be removed. I don't even know how they ended up there all of a sudden. Dx

But basically everything else will be kept the same bar a few tiny changes here and there. So if there is anything you want me to add or change then please let me know soon and I'll try my best to fix them.

Now I need to go into hiding and do some crappy homework assignments. :uhoh:
Kamih wrote:
AimoAio wrote:Damn long anime names...
IS THIS BY ANY CHANCE DIRECTED TO ME ?! XD don't blame me i didn't named the anime i use so long D;
I had to split your anime name into 2 lines so now it looks different from the others. D< Maybe I'll just shorten it to UraBoku. ;D

Edit: Added poster + sig to first post. As always feedback is appreciated.

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:05 pm

Ahhh, I loved that pic you got for me, why the hell couldn't I find it? Oh well, thank you =p

And seriously, the credits are great. I've seen a lot of crappy credits from people who claim to spend hours on end in AE making them, and this is very well done. Not a fan of credits usually, but this was good. (: No suggestions to make.

Kamih wrote: @Taite and May;
i do agree with the lens flare and the question mark in my part, which i already fixed 8D and don't worry the drops are avaiable again :3 will send out the beta this weekend ;)
what i don't really agree is the gray-scale you mentioned at the beginning O: sorry ;___; but well May just told me that the pacing at the beginning is not good either and i simply tried to use b/w clips of the main scene and then i simply made it into a compostion mode deifference sqared, it looks good in my opinion O:
also a note for @0:37, i simply followed the rhythm of the song, since i kind of hit the beats at the begining and the middle i just tried to fade it out as the song begins to "fade out" too (which means it is finishing soon), but i try to think about it and add some beats into it :3
also for @0:33 i am searching some overlay scenes so it fits better :3
I'll disagree with Aimo then and say that the pacing in your first beta was fine XD It doesn't need to match the piano bit or anything. What you had in the first beta gave it a cinematic feel. I think the addition of the black and white 'flashes' makes it look choppy and, though not extremely oversynced, just unnecessary. Plus the color correction you had on those clips in your first beta made it look very nice.
I agree with your decision on :37 though, I think it looks alright. Perhaps make the glow/blur on the scene of him sitting down come in earlier though, that might help (:
And oh ok cool (@:33)

and hahaha if you disagree that's totally fine, it's your track. If someone told me something that I disagreed with, I'd do the same thing too (: Do whatever you think looks best, and I'll just be here to give you an outsider's perspective.
Image Image

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:48 pm

THOSE CREDITS ARE HAWT!!!! i see you found your own picture of Grell to use. that's fine with me, it's a great pic :up:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:52 pm

Finally sent in my final. :3

Pockying
Org Profile

Post by Pockying » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:02 am

Woahh, I absolutely love the credits <3 they're beautiful ;_;

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:01 am

Taite wrote: I'll disagree with Aimo then and say that the pacing in your first beta was fine XD It doesn't need to match the piano bit or anything. What you had in the first beta gave it a cinematic feel. I think the addition of the black and white 'flashes' makes it look choppy and, though not extremely oversynced, just unnecessary. Plus the color correction you had on those clips in your first beta made it look very nice.
I'll agree with this.
Taite wrote:Ahhh, I loved that pic you got for me, why the hell couldn't I find it? Oh well, thank you =p

And seriously, the credits are great. I've seen a lot of crappy credits from people who claim to spend hours on end in AE making them, and this is very well done. Not a fan of credits usually, but this was good. (: No suggestions to make.
Thanks. :D I had to cut out George and the background so that's why some of the blue lighting is still visible in her hair. :uhoh: Not sure how much of it I can fix but I'll try. :)
Rider4Z wrote:THOSE CREDITS ARE HAWT!!!! i see you found your own picture of Grell to use. that's fine with me, it's a great pic :up:
Thank you! :3 I thought since I was on minitokyo anyway I might as well do a search on Grell and this scan came up in the first page. XD
CodeZTM wrote:Finally sent in my final. :3
Got it and now confirmed it plays. That's 3 finals in now. :up:
Pockying wrote:Woahh, I absolutely love the credits <3 they're beautiful ;_;
Thanks! :mrgreen: and great job with your beta btw. If you can send me one more beta after those changes I mentioned I think it'll be ready for a final. ^^

Once I get a full beta from AyumiNeko, Niwa, Elerye and Taite I'll send out a beta compilation. :) But since these tracks are about 50-80% complete already, it probably won't take too long. ^^ It's looking pretty good so far too, good job everyone. :up:

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:52 pm

AimoAio wrote: Thanks. :D I had to cut out George and the background so that's why some of the blue lighting is still visible in her hair. :uhoh: Not sure how much of it I can fix but I'll try. :)
I didn't even notice it o:

Once I get a full beta from AyumiNeko, Niwa, Elerye and Taite I'll send out a beta compilation. :) But since these tracks are about 50-80% complete already, it probably won't take too long. ^^ It's looking pretty good so far too, good job everyone. :up:
Will likely have a full beta in by this weekend sometime. Have a 3 day weekend, so I have time to kill.
Image Image

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:36 am

Taite wrote:Will likely have a full beta in by this weekend sometime. Have a 3 day weekend, so I have time to kill.
Awesome! :up:

Angel's sent me her final too so now that makes 4! :D

Kamih
Org Profile

Post by Kamih » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:48 pm

AimoAio wrote:
Taite wrote: I'll disagree with Aimo then and say that the pacing in your first beta was fine XD It doesn't need to match the piano bit or anything. What you had in the first beta gave it a cinematic feel. I think the addition of the black and white 'flashes' makes it look choppy and, though not extremely oversynced, just unnecessary. Plus the color correction you had on those clips in your first beta made it look very nice.
I'll agree with this.
like i told ya in the text already, ... you agree with taite for disagreeing yourself in agreeing again ?! xD ... le WHAT?! LOL
I agree with your decision on :37 though, I think it looks alright. Perhaps make the glow/blur on the scene of him sitting down come in earlier though, that might help (:
And oh ok cool (@:33)

and hahaha if you disagree that's totally fine, it's your track. If someone told me something that I disagreed with, I'd do the same thing too (: Do whatever you think looks best, and I'll just be here to give you an outsider's perspective.
LOL it's okay :3 i am glad to get feedback, since i am a noob if it comes to editing animes -shot-

i made the coloruing from scratch again e___e since i dumped it and only saved a part, .... iunno if it's the same because i deleted all my previous betas like a boss 8D (e_____e) , but it is back nevertheless xD
also i hope this will be my final beta then 8D -cough-

EDIT// Beta sent 8D -hurrhurr-

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:38 pm

Sent replies to lloyd and Kamih via pm, and I'm downloading and will get you your crit, Pockying, soon. (:

Sent out my complete track as well.
Image Image

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”