Anime Girl Empire -Best Action at Anime Boston & Tekkoshocon

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Re: Anime Girl Empire -Best Action at Anime Boston & Tekkoshocon

Post by Kionon » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:05 am

No Kimagure Orange Road, but I did see some Creamy Mami.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Moonie
Give me some candy!
Org Profile

Post by Moonie » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:42 pm

JCD wrote:What a nice overload. At first I had a hard time getting into it, but it really took off with the second half, which also had to do with the music getting much more awesome. I'd also second the suggestion of making certain areas of the video more themed, even if that would've further stretched the insane amount of effort you probably put into looking for scenes.

Another qualm I have with this is it being 4:3. Really, I can't think of a single anime from the last 5 years which was in 4:3. You used lots of older stuff there, but I'd rather see that cropped than having borders on all four sides of my screen for the 16:9 scenes :(

Still, I really liked it, and will be watched often.
Thanks!

I can release a widescreen version of it but it will have to be 640x360 unless I upscale it since
all of my source clips or 640x480 full screen.
When i started on this, I thought it would be best to stick to 4:3 since the majority of my sources were fullscreen.

Kionon wrote:No Kimagure Orange Road, but I did see some Creamy Mami.
That probably would have been in this too but I didn't have that source at the time
Since its by the same creators of Ranma and Mermaid Forest/Scar, I bet i'll enjoy it.
I would get it on netflix but it looks like they are missing the first to volumes of it >.>
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:29 am

vid lacked Shana which made me sad. But you know what? For a 6min vid, it kept my attention all the way through, I was even 'fokyes' when I saw JRPGs towards the end. 5/5 and my vote for VCA 2011 best use of multiple anime.

Nihuhu
Org Profile

Post by Nihuhu » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:46 am

:up:

I didn't like the 3D parts but :up:

Good job ! :up:

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:03 am

Moonie wrote:That probably would have been in this too but I didn't have that source at the time Since its by the same creators of Ranma and Mermaid Forest/Scar, I bet i'll enjoy it. I would get it on netflix but it looks like they are missing the first to volumes of it >.>
I have it, several times over.

And I must make a clarification. Although it is a common misconception that KOR and Creamy Mami are the work of Takahashi Rumiko, this is incorrect.

The original manga-ka for KOR is Matsumoto Izumi, and the character designer for KOR and Creamy Mami is Takada Akemi. Contemporaries, but that's all.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Moonie
Give me some candy!
Org Profile

Post by Moonie » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:08 pm

OropherZero wrote:vid lacked Shana which made me sad. But you know what? For a 6min vid, it kept my attention all the way through, I was even 'fokyes' when I saw JRPGs towards the end. 5/5 and my vote for VCA 2011 best use of multiple anime.
Thanks, Orpher! :D

Nihuhu wrote::up:

I didn't like the 3D parts but :up:

Good job ! :up:
Thank you, Nihuhu
cool name btw

Kionon wrote:
Moonie wrote:That probably would have been in this too but I didn't have that source at the time Since its by the same creators of Ranma and Mermaid Forest/Scar, I bet i'll enjoy it. I would get it on netflix but it looks like they are missing the first to volumes of it >.>
I have it, several times over.

And I must make a clarification. Although it is a common misconception that KOR and Creamy Mami are the work of Takahashi Rumiko, this is incorrect.

The original manga-ka for KOR is Matsumoto Izumi, and the character designer for KOR and Creamy Mami is Takada Akemi. Contemporaries, but that's all.
Oh
Thanks for the clarification
I always thought it was by the same company because the characters looked very similar to the ones in Ranma.
I was thinking about buying the series but...
http://www.amazon.com/Kimagure-Orange-C ... 05&sr=8-14
holy... did you spend that much on this or did you get it when it was cheaper? O.O
Looks like i'll just have to stuck with renting it for now lol
I haven't sen all of Creamy Mami but I like that series alot. What got me into it was when i heard that theme song "Heart no Season"
It also made me a fan of Ohta Takako.
Thats song is on my list of favorite anime theme songs now.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:12 pm

KOR is now out of print. That boxed set Amazon has two of (one new, one used) is the special pre-order only boxed set, and is incredibly rare. You had to be on a special list to get it. It cost $250 at the time, but only people on the list got it. The reason was because the boxed set needed to be financed, or else KOR on DVD would not exist.

I was pre-order #6.

You cannot get it for cheaper, but you can purchase the Japanese DVDs for about $450 for the entire set, minus the first movie, but with the OVAs and second movie. You can also acquire recent fansubs that were made from these Japanese DVDs so you can meet your ethical obligations and also watch the series with subtitles.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Moonie
Give me some candy!
Org Profile

Post by Moonie » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:01 pm

Kionon wrote:KOR is now out of print. That boxed set Amazon has two of (one new, one used) is the special pre-order only boxed set, and is incredibly rare. You had to be on a special list to get it. It cost $250 at the time, but only people on the list got it. The reason was because the boxed set needed to be financed, or else KOR on DVD would not exist.

I was pre-order #6.

You cannot get it for cheaper, but you can purchase the Japanese DVDs for about $450 for the entire set, minus the first movie, but with the OVAs and second movie. You can also acquire recent fansubs that were made from these Japanese DVDs so you can meet your ethical obligations and also watch the series with subtitles.
Not surprised that you were high on the list. I know you are a HUGE fan of the series :)
I probably will go for the Japanese DVDs and have the fansub too to see it subtitiles. Its still expensive but it beats paying $700+ for it.
Thanks alot for all the info you gave on the series Kionon
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:05 pm

Biggest fan, actually. The Japanese agree. I've now actually spent around $5000 on KOR alone. I first purchased the series on VHS, then replaced them with the pre-order DVDs (which actually had defects) had AE send me 12 replacement discs (I kept the originals as well), and I purchased the R2s when I moved to Japan. I also have the series on LD.

You will eventually be able to visit the KOR Database when I finish it at orange-road.net.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Moonie
Give me some candy!
Org Profile

Post by Moonie » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:24 pm

Kionon wrote:Biggest fan, actually. The Japanese agree. I've now actually spent around $5000 on KOR alone. I first purchased the series on VHS, then replaced them with the pre-order DVDs (which actually had defects) had AE send me 12 replacement discs (I kept the originals as well), and I purchased the R2s when I moved to Japan. I also have the series on LD.

You will eventually be able to visit the KOR Database when I finish it at orange-road.net.
Whoa! I also agree that you are the biggest fan lol
I was actually thinking that it would be awesome if you made a KOR
website since you would be able to give lots of info it. I had no ideal that you were actually working on one.
I'll definitely check that out when its finished.
You should post some pics of your KOR collection on there
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”