Project Xanthium \\ Reloaded - LQ Alternative Available Now!

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

Project Xanthium \\ Reloaded - LQ Alternative Available Now!

Postby Niotex » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:29 pm

Its been a while since I released something "serious". This is a "REMASTER" project that I started a couple of months back. The idea was to keep everything of the original intact while spicing up all the technical stuff. In the end I ended up doing a little more then that, but none the less that was the original idea.

For local HQ [h264/ac3 - mp4] I would highly recommend to NOT USE VLC but instead USE MPC for playback. If this still turns out choppy then I would recommend going for the direct LQ [xvid/mp3 - avi] version which is also up now.

For now enjoy and crank up those sound systems =]
Last edited by Niotex on Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Niotex
The Phantom Canine

Re: Project Xanthium \\ Reloaded

Postby LittleAtari » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:30 pm

I'm happy to finally see it released. I love how all the subtle things in this video make it feel a lot different from the original by making a lot of things just look visually interesting. Congrats on finishing it.

Also, Niotex for most improved :P
Last edited by LittleAtari on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LittleAtari

Postby mirkosp » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:40 pm

VLC for Worst Playback Software VCA 2011.
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby inthesto » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:43 pm

Okay, but where are the real JCAs?
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.
inthesto
Beef Basket

Postby NS » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:45 pm

I used VLC and it worked fine.
ImageImage
NS
I like pants

Postby Fall_Child42 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:03 pm

Ok, so here is what happened. One time, I ate this really great tasting hotdog. It was delicious, it had a tad of sweet spice, the flavours were well balanced. After I ate and enjoyed this hotdog I was put into a catatonic state and the partially digested hot dog was removed from my stomach. All of the bits of the hot dog I enjoyed are still intact but the chef decided that I should have had a better hot dog, despite me telling him how much I enjoyed the first one. The hot dog was peiced back together, it increased in volume, and more toppings were added. This hotdog did have some improvements made to it and I enjoy the taste much the same, but it's now been prepared in such a way that it has given me a great deal of problems during mastication. In the end, though I still enjoyed the increased hotdog the second time around it was still, essentially, the same hot dog. I think I might have liked a sandwhich instead.
Fall_Child42
has a rock

Postby ZephyrStar » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:08 pm

Bumping for the <3 ;*
ZephyrStar
Master of Science

Postby ExSphere » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:00 pm

Dr.Dinosaur wrote: I still enjoyed the increased hotdog the second time around it was still, essentially, the same hot dog. I think I might have liked a sandwhich instead.

Same
ExSphere

Postby -Reda- » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:15 pm

2D DoF - The simple concept of attracting the focus of the eyes to a specific section of the screen by effectively creating a fake Depth of Field. This is something I have been experimenting with for a very long time now in my other unreleased projects.

YOU MEAN LIKE EIDOLON?

Edit: Fucking awesome. Probably the only video I'll download this year too.
*sips tea*
-Reda-

Postby x_rex30 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:11 am

Holy crap! It's been years!

I'll check it out!

Edit: Dang! Wish it felt more like a remake instead of a remaster. I liked the original as you know a lot and I also thought the visual quality was good as well. The feeling from beginning to end felt great from the original but this with it's intro and outro, it didn't really feel as much of a rush to watch. But it's cool that you used the HD footage and made it 60 fps, but I don't think it needed it. One thing that makes the whole 60 fps work with Nostromo is that he is the king at panning. If the video has a crap load of panning, and it's one of the main features for your video, then the 60 fps adds a crazy new feel. It also works great for some sped up scenes. This is just my opinion. It's nice though adding a new color to the mix with this remaster so I approve. :up:
x_rex30

Postby nihilant01 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:32 am

didn't see the original but this is not bad :)
maybe the cuts sometimes are too long, but overall is nice
nihilant01

Postby SomeWhiteFellow » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:51 am

Great shit, this one is a keeper.
:up: :up:
SomeWhiteFellow

Postby Cenit » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:08 am

Good work! Likes! :up:
ImageImageImage
Cenit