[AKROSS] Vifta Technician

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
TwilightChrono
Org Profile

[AKROSS] Vifta Technician

Post by TwilightChrono » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:11 am

Well, this WAS going to be my video entry for this past Akross, but I couldn't get it finished in time and just wound up finishing it tonight. There are a lot of different editing styles in this video that I experimented with. Anywho, give it a watch. Feedback is always appreciated. Enjoy.

~T.C.
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

BaQuM
Org Profile

Re: [AKROSS] Vifta Technician

Post by BaQuM » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:43 am

}:
The video constantly switched between having a tolerable smooth-ish flow and just showing still scenes with no movement whatsoever. The shakes were sporadic and just disturbed the flow instead of adding a sense of power to the beats. Effects were unneeded, usually I don't mind random effects because they don't bother me, but this video would be A LOT better if you didn't use any effects at all and focused on just creating a good flow and overall dance-ish mood. The video did not form any atmosphere whatsoever. An album cover pasted through the entire song would have the same effect on me as this AMV did. Ending came out of nowhere...

Nope, I did not like this video.

Emotive
...the Meditant
Org Profile

Post by Emotive » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:37 am

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:28 pm

Thanks for the input BaQuM. *Thinks*

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:43 pm

I would have really liked it had there not been lip sync after the initial part, and the lack of those liney tv bars effect from Vegas.

Inan
Another one
Org Profile

Post by Inan » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:47 pm

That was terrible, looked like something a brand new sony vegas user would do with all those damn TV sims. Only reason i watched it was because of the song. =\

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:58 pm

Inan wrote:That was terrible, looked like something a brand new sony vegas user would do with all those damn TV sims. Only reason i watched it was because of the song. =\
Part of being an editor is being able to edit how you see the video eventually turning out. Part of this I do for crit and to get better but another part is to do it for my own enjoyment. Whether or not you liked the TV Sims doesn't really matter to me. As stated. The whole video was an experiment. Bash it all you want, I"m damn proud of this one.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”