"That shit was rigged, Your Honor." aka AAC Iron Editor 09*

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

"That shit was rigged, Your Honor." aka AAC Iron Editor 09*

Postby inthesto » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:07 pm

[Image

Images used at the request of Fall_Child42. Just pretend it says "LantisEscudo" in there somewhere.

I'm going to be demanding a grudge match against kiarrens next year.

*Extreme Iron Editor, but that wouldn't fit in the thread title.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.
inthesto
Beef Basket

Re: "That shit was rigged, Your Honor." aka AAC Iron Editor 09*

Postby Kitsuner » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:01 pm

That use of an Alabama home was pretty sweet.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness

Postby Otohiko » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:51 pm

Hey now, I'd just like to clarify that while Mr. Chin is a giant D-bag, I'm usually not.
Otohiko

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:16 pm

*Extreme Challenge Summery*

Steady Hands - Alts are forced to play Operation with an eye-patch on until someone gets 3 pieces. (arm weights were, sadly, missing)

Winner - inthesto

Hypothermia Challenge - Both alts plunge their hands into ice water and keep them there. First to remove a hand loses. (this lasted 20 minutes, and resulted in 4 emptied cans of silly string as well as possible nerve damage. We forced them to switch off with their partners and immediately start editing.)

Winner - tie.

On The Hunt - Alts are given a camera and a scavenger hunt list of cosplayers, staffers, and Guests and 20 min to take as many pictures as they can.

Winner - Kiarrens (but points were awarded per picture anyways)

Nice Boat Balloon Pop - Alts are presented with a pile of balloons - each of which has a piece of paper in it. All have phrases on them the alt has to call out after reading, until they find the correct one - Nice Boat! - The first one done wins.

Winner - Otaku4Life

One Ring To Bind Them -
A) Alts must find the hidden box with their color on it (on Bashar's Car) and return it to main stage.

*Lantis docked 20pts for unsportsmanlike conduct in taking both boxes, leaving otaku4life confused in the parking lot for 20 min.

B) Inside this box is a hello kitty lip-gloss ring locked by a pad lock. The keys to the padlocks are at the bottom of a vat of shaving cream. First to Unlock their box, wins part B.

Winner - Otaku4life

A Little Trivia While We Render - A Little Retrospect (http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=159399) is played. All editors name the AMVs used - 2 pts a piece.

*no real winner - just awarded points until we were done*
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby LantisEscudo » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:18 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:*Lantis docked 20pts for unsportsmanlike conduct in taking both boxes, leaving otaku4life confused in the parking lot for 20 min.

I still blame your phrasing for this one. You said "come back with THEM." Had you said "come back with YOUR BOX" I'd have left one. :evil:
LantisEscudo

Postby inthesto » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:45 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:One Ring To Bind Them -
A) Alts must find the hidden box with their color on it (on Bashar's Car) and return it to main stage.

*Lantis docked 20pts for unsportsmanlike conduct in taking both boxes, leaving otaku4life confused in the parking lot for 20 min.

I had no idea this happened, but give me a break. We should have gotten bonus points for that, if anything.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.
inthesto
Beef Basket

Postby Fall_Child42 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:58 pm

The first video clearly should have won.

P.S.

If the rule "You cannot touch the other person's box" was not specifically stated I believe Lantis Escoudo should have not been punished. Infact he should have been rewarded for his ingenuity!
Fall_Child42
has a rock

Postby Kitsuner » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:22 pm

If points were awarded for knowing AMVs, why wasn't there a real winner? Was it a tie, or did you just not keep track?

Either way, I totally want in on this at some point.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness

Postby LantisEscudo » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:25 pm

Kitsuner wrote:If points were awarded for knowing AMVs, why wasn't there a real winner? Was it a tie, or did you just not keep track?

Either way, I totally want in on this at some point.

We got more of them (and I'm still remembering titles I couldn't come up with during the challenge), but it was 2pts per video named, so there wasn't really a "winner" of the challenge.
LantisEscudo

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:36 pm

It basically ended up being a tie. Sto, you got the a trophy in exchange for the box set, right?

As to the point docking - talk to Dan, he pushed for that.

I think we might tie this whole thing into the theme next year. Wonder how much fake blood they'll let me use on stage...
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby LantisEscudo » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:46 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Wonder how much fake blood they'll let me use on stage...

Two words: Drop Cloth(s). :)
LantisEscudo

Postby inthesto » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:04 pm

Yeah, I took home a trophy, but I'm still absolutely livid that it was a tie (and hence the thread title).

Like I said, I want a grudge match next year.
inthesto
Beef Basket

Postby Emotive » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:21 pm

Had anyone been assigned the task of shooting an epic video of the whole happening?

Because we outsiders totally have to get a taste of this.
Emotive
...the Meditant

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:09 pm

Emotive wrote:Had anyone been assigned the task of shooting an epic video of the whole happening?

Because we outsiders totally have to get a taste of this.

I had a camera going. Nobody was manning it so it was completely still and apparently it turned off after the first 25 minutes. It has sto freestyle taunting though. :lol:
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby Copycat_Revolver » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:59 pm

There wasn't a single giant pink sheep in this entire video.

What is this?

I mean really now.
Copycat_Revolver
Mad Scientist

Next

Return to AMV Announcements