S U F F U S E

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
TheTreeAMV
Org Profile

Re: S U F F U S E

Post by TheTreeAMV » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:42 pm

LittleAtari wrote:LittleAtari's Guide to the Org - Chapter 1:
Dont listen to Elcalavero
Atari, you're officially one of my favourite people on the org :up:

Video was cool, but not really my style - 4/5. Nice work, keep it up.

(*cough* I can't believe you're showing us all up and you're one of the newest members o_O Mad props)

"Sarcasm is a tool of the weak. Like diplomacy... and indecision." - Cory Alstad

Nihuhu
Org Profile

Post by Nihuhu » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:03 am

I enjoyed it.
However I think that many fades were mishandled.

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:22 am

Same as Nihuhu

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:37 am

I liked it =D Especially the beginning.

4/5
ImageImage

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:28 am

Didn't read any of the previous commentary, so I assume with three pages what I have to say might already be said.

I loved the opening editing until the film scratch effect at 0:23. I thought it just looked totally silly. Furthermore, I utterly despise opening credits as part of the video proper. Before or after, not during. During I do not care. I just want a seamless experience. Adding credits to the video proper just pulls me out of the experience and makes me RAGE. It also makes me notice the encode is quite awful, and full screening this on my 42" plasma just ain't gonna be a pleasant experience.

The frame to the stairwell was nicely done, but starting at 1:20, the grain effect just looks silly again. The video is already gothic enough, we don't need it. In fact, Cossette has such great colors that conflict with the darkness of the scenes that I think this actually harmed the effect. Yet you repeat it over and over and over... I really dig the flow until you get repetitive with the eye, gate, easel. Maybe it is because of that repeated part, but now around 2:30 leading into 3:00 I start feeling, Jesus, it all looks the same... I suddenly go from really enjoying the video to wondering if it will ever end. By 3:45, I am checking IRC and noticing Shui is talking about having a water-war, because I can't keep my eyes on the screen until 3:47 when I RAGE AGAIN because song isn't over but you have credits showing up again. The last nineteen seconds I spend just utterly pissed off.

tl;dr, loved the first half, second half was torture. Stock film effects were cheesy. Don't put credits in the video. Don't be so darn repetitive, it is why the second half was torture.

I give it a solid C+. Beginning was more than passing, but needed a lot more to keep me entertained past the 2:30 mark.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Tearx
The Malicious Feline
Org Profile

Post by Tearx » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:56 pm

I loved the feel this gave off. Really is my type of amv here =D
There were still some stuff that bugged me, You could have changed up some of your editing as the video went on, it somewhat bored me and I dozed off around there.. other than that I really enjoyed it, intro really pulled me in. Keep it up :up:
4/5

StrawberryKiss
Org Profile

Post by StrawberryKiss » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:42 pm

TheTreeAMV wrote:
LittleAtari wrote:LittleAtari's Guide to the Org - Chapter 1:
Dont listen to Elcalavero
Atari, you're officially one of my favourite people on the org :up:

Video was cool, but not really my style - 4/5. Nice work, keep it up.

(*cough* I can't believe you're showing us all up and you're one of the newest members o_O Mad props)

Most of the members show me up, new or not. :p

whispersreloaded
Org Profile

Post by whispersreloaded » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:21 pm

Deliciously creepy. And safely nestled in my favorites. :up: I have a thing for amvs like this. If only I could make them!

And on a side note to those who have read through this interesting thread, Trever (Bladedude101) is indeed a very harsh grader, as far as amvs go. Whenever I need an ego check, I know who to go to >.> Not bashing him, just affirming what he said XD
[Asylum | Studios]

0SimplyAngel0
Org Profile

Post by 0SimplyAngel0 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:13 am

*Attaches self to computer screen*

5/5.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”