Heaven's Cry

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

Heaven's Cry

Postby AimoAio » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:16 pm

Image



First time trying this style of editing so any critique for improvement is welcome ^^
Image
User avatar
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
 
Joined: 16 Mar 2008
Location: Somewhere

Re: Heaven's Cry

Postby Kairih » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:00 am

You already know what I think about this video hun :)
It's really amazing, you didn't overuse effects and that's a good thing for this type of vids and it's so emotional, that's why I love this video so much ♥
:up:
Image
User avatar
Kairih
 
Joined: 10 Oct 2008
Location: Italy

Re: Heaven's Cry

Postby CodeZTM » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:22 am

I already left my quick comment from the opinion thread, but I thought I'd post here too.

It was an ok video. The sentimentality is there, the editing matches it pretty well, but it didn't have a consistent flow. The editing was kind of all over the place in terms of sync with the audio, and the effects (during the latter half of the AMV) weren't always necessary (albeit, the first half of the video's effects were well integrated and looked nice in contrast with the footage). Also, Final Fantasy VII is an overcharted territory, so you're dealing with that as well.

However, I will say that it did make me feel some emotions the entire duration of the AMV, which in my book is enough for a keeper. :up:
User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Location: Arkansas
Status: Flapping Lips

Re: Heaven's Cry

Postby AimoAio » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:30 pm

Kairih wrote:You already know what I think about this video hun :)
It's really amazing, you didn't overuse effects and that's a good thing for this type of vids and it's so emotional, that's why I love this video so much ♥
:up:


Thank you dear :D I'm glad you liked it!

Code wrote:I already left my quick comment from the opinion thread, but I thought I'd post here too.

It was an ok video. The sentimentality is there, the editing matches it pretty well, but it didn't have a consistent flow. The editing was kind of all over the place in terms of sync with the audio, and the effects (during the latter half of the AMV) weren't always necessary (albeit, the first half of the video's effects were well integrated and looked nice in contrast with the footage). Also, Final Fantasy VII is an overcharted territory, so you're dealing with that as well.

However, I will say that it did make me feel some emotions the entire duration of the AMV, which in my book is enough for a keeper. :up:


Have to say I'm a bit surprised you thought the first part was better :O That was the part I didn't like myself :sweat: Anyway thanks for taking the time to comment and it's nice to know you enjoyed it.
Image
User avatar
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
 
Joined: 16 Mar 2008
Location: Somewhere

Re: Heaven's Cry

Postby Alucardovich » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:44 pm

Well, you have my opinion in your members page, but I''ll repeat myself - a very nice video, I enjoyed watching it. You hit the point)
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Alucardovich
 
Joined: 18 Apr 2003
Location: Russia - Murmansk

Re: Heaven's Cry

Postby AimoAio » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:06 pm

Alucard1589 wrote:Well, you have my opinion in your members page, but I''ll repeat myself - a very nice video, I enjoyed watching it. You hit the point


Thanks :D
Image
User avatar
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
 
Joined: 16 Mar 2008
Location: Somewhere

Re: Heaven's Cry

Postby Fizziks » Mon May 04, 2009 6:26 am

I thought some of the black & white effects weren't necessary, but overall this was a pretty good video. :up:
Image
User avatar
Fizziks
 
Joined: 11 May 2006

Re: Heaven's Cry

Postby Alucardovich » Thu May 07, 2009 3:18 am

I thought some of the black & white effects weren't necessary

Agreed.
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Alucardovich
 
Joined: 18 Apr 2003
Location: Russia - Murmansk

Re: Heaven's Cry

Postby BurningLeaves » Sat May 09, 2009 2:04 am

At times the video seemed to be going a bit to fast for the audio, the quick flashing with the blue... stuff.. just seemed a bit out of place, the random grainulation also didn't really do anything for me. While I think the b&w and circular.. thing.. worked for letting me know what was supposed to be occurring in the past, I think it could have been a bit better if instead of full on b&w just toned down colors with a less obvious circle... thing. Anyway what your video did have alot of is emotion and it came across very clear, your story was good as were your scene choices for the most part. Good video, you told your story very well and it works.
Image
User avatar
BurningLeaves
 
Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Location: New York


Return to AMV Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest