Double announce: One Piece (Zoro), Gintama (general) videos

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Aneino_Kaijin
Org Profile

Double announce: One Piece (Zoro), Gintama (general) videos

Post by Aneino_Kaijin » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:58 am

The Gintama one was announced a bit ago, but I'm lazy. (And sort of expected to finish the One Piece one a little faster than I did). Both have preview available.

A sort-of Zoro/Kuina video. Not really about them as a couple, but how she affected his life, and continues to affect it.

What can I say... I really just wanted an excuse to use this song in an AMV. :)

Hope you enjoy
Always looking for the next bad idea.
Pandora's Box | Paralysis in Motion

Otohiko
Org Profile

Re: Double announce: One Piece (Zoro), Gintama (general) videos

Post by Otohiko » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:46 pm

Wah, no responses to announcements make sad Oto. :(

Honestly, I thought both videos were decently edited and certainly not unlikeable.

The One Piece video really didn't do much for me, mostly because I felt like it falls into the usual tropes of nu-metal + shounen action/character profile videos with an adequate but not really interesting execution. And I don't like the music much. There's nothing about it that makes it stand out from tons of similar videos, even though it's done way better than most technically. You have no trouble with action sync, although there's only a few moments where it gets interesting.

The Gintama video is amusingly random, or just random sometimes. Doesn't make the slightest sense but throws in plenty of slapstick for the lulz. I think the girl-singing thing was a good way to keep this video slightly sane and structured. Otherwise the slapstick sync is by and large nice, and randomness is nice and random.

I don't like putting numbers on this, but if I must - 3/5 and 3.5/5 respectively. Decidedly normal videos that really don't need any excuses for what they are, but don't really break out of typical, simple character/action and comedy/fun molds that have been around for a while. Conclusion = experiment moar!
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:57 am

I like the Gintama video, because it´s like the series: Random ^_^

Good job on the Gintama video :)
I think the girl-singing thing was a good way to keep this video slightly sane and structured.
Agreed. It gives the vid a bit more variety.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Aneino_Kaijin
Org Profile

Post by Aneino_Kaijin » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:17 am

Thanks, both of you, for the constructive feedback!

I know I need to branch out more. :( I seem to lose interest when I try to do things more unusual (Say the Obsession video, where I tried to structure the video as a computer cycling through its "memories" as video files) and end up abandoning them. Which is perhaps a sign what little experimentation I try is poorly planned out. It should be fun to make AND to watch.

But anyway - yes, thanks very much for letting me know what I can work on!
Always looking for the next bad idea.
Pandora's Box | Paralysis in Motion

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”