Advent Crisis - Acen 2009 Finalist

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

Advent Crisis - Acen 2009 Finalist

Postby LittleAtari » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:09 am

Not much to say. This video was so much fun to make. My first trailer and attempt at lip sync.

This was made for TheTreeAMV's No Name Tourney. I wanted to join since I heard about it but was too busy. So the night before the deadline, I finally put my name down and edited this in like 9 hours. Regardless of this being the shortest amount of time I've devoted to an AMV since my noob days, I am happy to say that I am very pleased with how this turned out.

The theme of the round was "As made famous by..." in which we had to choose a song used by a very popular AMV. Well, I didnt use a song XD. I decided to use the Matrix: Reloaded Trailer audio that was used in ManyLemons/Inertia's Narutrix. It's how I stayed original in a contest where the round is telling you to be unoriginal XD.

I went a little crazy on banners and stuff

Image Image

but then got too tired to make one for Zack :(
Last edited by LittleAtari on Tue May 12, 2009 11:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.
LittleAtari

Re: Advent Crisis

Postby blabbler » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:38 am

kickass O:
blabbler

Postby SenTrix » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:05 am

much <3 on the banners

|:>
Image <<..:: Click Me ::..>> Image
SenTrix

Postby Vax » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:20 am

That is the most awsmcore banner I've ever seen.
/gets and sees if you fixed those lip syncs.

Edit: Awsome sync, awsome lip sync, awsome video O: Your best video yet in my opinion. VCA 2010 best trailer? I think so O:
4.7/5

And you changed that angeal lip sync :|
Vax
Sexy black guy

Postby osnar » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:28 am

a very well edited amv :) good job!
osnar

Postby Otohiko » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:39 am

Very nice trailer, awesome sound effect sync and scene selection there! Takes itself seriously and comes out pretty much as a convincing actual trailer.
Otohiko

Postby Magnus » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:19 pm

Pretty nifty stuff!
Lip-sync was a bit off at times, but for being 3DCGi footage, it was good =)
All in all a cool trailer,

Good job. :up:
ImageImageImage
Magnus
Treasure this time

Postby guy07 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:05 pm

Loved the sync at the beginning. Editing was good. Lip wasn't perfect but meh, it never is. Not as good as some of the trailers i've seen in the past year, but not bad either. 3/5
guy07

Postby AaronAMV » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:06 pm

Aw... I wasn't the first to post. :cry:

Anyway, I really loved this. Awesome job. :up:
AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach

Postby Phlu » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:09 pm

I'm usually not into trailers, but i really enjoyed this one :)
Phlu
phailure

Postby CastielTheFallen » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:38 pm

Guess I'm going to be the first one to go against the grain here. I thought the trailer lacked direction big time. One of the biggest issues I had about it was that in the whole first half I didn't know who in your trailer was supposed to be who. Like when you had the redhead dude whos name escapes me say "Mr Anderson" to Zack. Then you had Cloud portrayed as Neo. Stuff like that. The editing got pretty decent toward the 2nd half of the trailer, but the first half looked like shit to me. Overall, not a bad watch, but the 2nd half is a lot better than the first. I'd probably go as far as saying the first half is garbage.

2.8/5
DZ|BSP
CastielTheFallen
Prodigal Pen-Throttle

Postby Kevmaster » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:42 pm

Nice watch.

Lip sync was really bad in places, but thats ok as Final Fantasy is probably the hardest source to lip sync of all so I didn't really have any issues with it.
Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser

Postby LittleAtari » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:00 pm

blabbler wrote:kickass O:

thanks
SenTrix wrote:much <3 on the banners

|:>

They were pretty fun to make. One of the best things I've done in photoshop
Vax wrote:That is the most awsmcore banner I've ever seen.
/gets and sees if you fixed those lip syncs.

Edit: Awsome sync, awsome lip sync, awsome video O: Your best video yet in my opinion. VCA 2010 best trailer? I think so O:
4.7/5

And you changed that angeal lip sync :|

In the one I sent you, you could actually tell where the masks were on the lips. So I decided to toss it.

osnar wrote:a very well edited amv :) good job!

Thank you.
Otohiko wrote:Very nice trailer, awesome sound effect sync and scene selection there! Takes itself seriously and comes out pretty much as a convincing actual trailer.

It's nice to know that it can be seen that way.
ZetZu wrote:Pretty nifty stuff!
Lip-sync was a bit off at times, but for being 3DCGi footage, it was good =)
All in all a cool trailer,

Good job. :up:

guy07 wrote:Loved the sync at the beginning. Editing was good. Lip wasn't perfect but meh, it never is. Not as good as some of the trailers i've seen in the past year, but not bad either. 3/5

In general this was pretty hard to lip sync. Glad to know that the errors didnt mess it up you guys. Thanks for the comments.
AaronAMV wrote:Aw... I wasn't the first to post. :cry:

Anyway, I really loved this. Awesome job. :up:

Aw, sorry. I forgot to tell you first. This was announced at like 5:00 AM :shock:

Phlu wrote:I'm usually not into trailers, but i really enjoyed this one :)

Great to know I had someone like the trailer.

ArashinomeAMV wrote:Guess I'm going to be the first one to go against the grain here. I thought the trailer lacked direction big time. One of the biggest issues I had about it was that in the whole first half I didn't know who in your trailer was supposed to be who. Like when you had the redhead dude whos name escapes me say "Mr Anderson" to Zack. Then you had Cloud portrayed as Neo. Stuff like that. The editing got pretty decent toward the 2nd half of the trailer, but the first half looked like shit to me. Overall, not a bad watch, but the 2nd half is a lot better than the first. I'd probably go as far as saying the first half is garbage.

2.8/5

I can see what you're saying about the whole "Mr Anderson" thing. Next time, I'll coordinate the characters better between the two sources better. As for the editing, I can sort of see how the second half would be more enjoyable. Thanks for the critique.
Kevmaster wrote:Nice watch.

Lip sync was really bad in places, but thats ok as Final Fantasy is probably the hardest source to lip sync of all so I didn't really have any issues with it.

thanks for the comment.

Someone left me a QC about entering this into Acen. The deadline's tomorrow, but I'll probably submit it tonight.
LittleAtari

Postby Slash » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:11 pm

To be honest the amv wasn't really good. I liked it at some parts but most parts were not good at all.
Slash

Postby Niotex » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:30 pm

I fucking flinched when I noticed crisscrossing characters. Neo, Trinity, Morpheus and Agent Smith all crisscrossing characters. Pick your character match ups and fucking stick with them. I honestly can't take such a sloppy video serious. Clearly you put more effort into your banners then you did with the actual video. Next time for the love of Supermoves [and all else that is holy] get your shit together. And if at all possible DROP FFAC/FF7CC/FFFAG.

If this seriously go's for trailer of the year I will fucking murder someone. :|
Niotex
The Phantom Canine

Next

Return to AMV Announcements