Two for two

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Fizziks
Org Profile

Two for two

Post by Fizziks » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:35 pm

These are a couple of simple AMVs that I made. Hope you enjoy them! :)

InsaneWaya
Org Profile

Re: Two for two

Post by InsaneWaya » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:02 pm

Top Gun anthem? O: *gets*

Edit: Credits ftw O: but yeah my parents yelled when they heard the song xD anyways good O: enjoyed, might op.
Looking for beta testers!

SoH
Org Profile

Post by SoH » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:37 am

I enjoyed these two videos. :up:
I spare you the copy/past... :sweat:

Flusel
Org Profile

Post by Flusel » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:33 am

Spirits of Light is wonderful, but you have a technical problem there. I don't know what your source was, but you should IVTC this one. If your Source was not already 29,97 fps you should leave it as it was. probably 24 fps. would make me keep it in my favourites if you corrected this with a re-render. :up: :mrgreen:

// same goes for the other one. It's a shame because they are very well done otherwise.

Fizziks
Org Profile

Post by Fizziks » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:16 pm

InsaneWaya wrote:Top Gun anthem? O: *gets*

Edit: Credits ftw O: but yeah my parents yelled when they heard the song xD anyways good O: enjoyed, might op.
Thanks! I loved the anthem too! You know, I was considering putting this video in the sentimental category, because I liked watching Top Gun when I was a kid, and I get all nostalgic when I hear the soundtrack.
SoH wrote:I enjoyed these two videos. :up:
I spare you the copy/past... :sweat:
Glad you liked them!
Flusel wrote: Spirits of Light is wonderful, but you have a technical problem there. I don't know what your source was, but you should IVTC this one. If your Source was not already 29,97 fps you should leave it as it was. probably 24 fps. would make me keep it in my favourites if you corrected this with a re-render. :up: :mrgreen:

// same goes for the other one. It's a shame because they are very well done otherwise.
Thanks for pointing this out to me. Admittedly, when I edit my videos, I keep the framerate of my original source (e.g. 24fps or 23.976fps) and I use IVTC, but I edit in Premiere using a timebase/framerate of 29.97fps. That might be why there's a slight distortion. My eyes haven't caught this in the past, and no one else has mentioned this to me before. However, in the future, I will consider changing my timebase to match the source instead.

Flusel
Org Profile

Post by Flusel » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:32 pm

As far as I am into video editing, it should be possible to still correct re-render this. :mrgreen:

Aggressor
Org Profile

Post by Aggressor » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:47 pm

I like Winged Sentinels- nice mood, good editing. But the last seconds are poor- fading song became kind of unattached to the video, and there was a click in audio at the end. Good job overall.
Will you kill someone you love, because of love?

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:57 pm

he's on a roll, i saw spirits of the light at waicon, looked good on the big screen, i actually tried to edit to this song a while ago and phailed miserably hehe such was deffinately not the case here ;)
/getting the other one
new banzors in the making :p

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:11 am

^ I don't remembering seeing it =O was it in the Sunday lot?

Fizziks
Org Profile

Post by Fizziks » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:53 pm

Flusel wrote:As far as I am into video editing, it should be possible to still correct re-render this. :mrgreen:
Unfortunately, I had to delete most of my files for that video after I finished it, so I could make room for something else :oops:
Aggressor wrote:I like Winged Sentinels- nice mood, good editing. But the last seconds are poor- fading song became kind of unattached to the video, and there was a click in audio at the end. Good job overall.
Thanks for your comment! Regarding the song, I actually didn't want to fade it out like that, however, the song itself started fading out.
Autraya wrote:he's on a roll, i saw spirits of the light at waicon, looked good on the big screen, i actually tried to edit to this song a while ago and phailed miserably hehe such was deffinately not the case here ;)
/getting the other one
Thanks! :D I was a little worried as to whether I got the mood of the song down right.
OropherZero wrote:^ I don't remembering seeing it =O was it in the Sunday lot?
Looking at the wai-con playlist, it was scheduled to be in the Saturday showing.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”