AWA: Pretty Intangible, Sparkles Dream: Remixed

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Fizziks
Org Profile

Post by Fizziks » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:41 pm

Nice video! :up: It makes me want to check this series out.

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:22 pm

Beautiful work! I'm a sucker for acoustic guitar too, so that's a double plus.

AltruisticCrono
Org Profile

Post by AltruisticCrono » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:01 pm

Autraya wrote:some vids to this series (like this one) make me want to watch the series... and then I remember why I never will :|
Why? Too sentimental/serious? Those who haven't, check it out!

Coincidentally, I just watched through the series a second time last week (previous time was a year or two ago). Everything was fresh and I knew every scene from the AMV.

I absolutely love the series... but it also impacts my physical emotions because I get so attached to the characters. It's not for everyone or at any given time of the day, but when you are in the right mood... wow. :shock: Life changing stuff.

The video was decent and reminded me of the old school style of editing (simple, but strong structure). I'll leave a review in a while...

After I finish my current two projects, I'll be starting my Haibane Renmei AMV (which was why I watched the series). Look for it (a long time from now). :cry:

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:50 pm

win. Yet another motivation for me to find and obtain the series.
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:32 pm

very nicely done haibane vid. :up:

Pretty sparkles was fun timez at awa also :up:

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:27 pm

-BL- wrote:One of my favorites in Pro :up:
I really like this vid, don't even know how many times I have watched it on the Pro discs. You did a really good job here.
Keep up the great work.
Thanks I'm glad you liked it. :3
808-buma wrote:/me gets.... nao!
Don't forget to get the other one too!!!!
jubjub2 wrote:Yet another I have to wait to get the final for... You know how much I loved the betas on this.
Now to patiently await the shiny stuff.
aww, I hope things get cleaned up soon there! *hug* but you will get it eventually :3
though:
jubjub2 wrote:
Willen wrote:I think the video gets better every time I watch it. Very well done. :up:
X2
One of my faves from you, missie.
glad you were able to get the video :3
ZetZu wrote:O: <3 -currently downloading-
It's awesome! <333>.> sowwyz?
*gets*
it's okay, I've still yet to see some of the animes in your vids O.o
Autraya wrote:some vids to this series (like this one) make me want to watch the series... and then I remember why I never will :|
aww, its a neat series I think, but I suppose I could understand why you wouldn't want to see it.
Willen wrote:Like Katie implies in the AMV info, watching Haibane Renmei previous to this video helps to understand parts of the AMV. Still, I think it's a very well done AMV and prior knowledge of the anime isn't required to "get" this video.
I think the video gets better every time I watch it. Very well done. :up:
aww thanks!

x_rex30 wrote:I don't know about this one. Good editing in it but didn't enjoy it that much.
Though I am amazed at how you can edit so many videos. Wish I had that dedication to something artistic.
That's okay, Like I said in the video info, I didn't think that everyone would "get" it, and I don't expect everyone to enjoy it either... however I've only made 5 videos this year (6 if you count the bit's I did in a 5 person colab @_@ heh) and two of those were "IC's" just to get me to edit something O.o truthfully that is not a lot for me in a year. Also I have had no motivation this year :/ so yea I donno, I'm rambling now O.o anyways....
Fizziks wrote:Nice video! :up: It makes me want to check this series out.
NightMistress85 wrote:Beautiful work! I'm a sucker for acoustic guitar too, so that's a double plus.
thank you :3
AltruisticCrono wrote:
Why? Too sentimental/serious? Those who haven't, check it out!
Coincidentally, I just watched through the series a second time last week (previous time was a year or two ago). Everything was fresh and I knew every scene from the AMV.
I absolutely love the series... but it also impacts my physical emotions because I get so attached to the characters. It's not for everyone or at any given time of the day, but when you are in the right mood... wow. :shock: Life changing stuff.
The video was decent and reminded me of the old school style of editing (simple, but strong structure). I'll leave a review in a while...
After I finish my current two projects, I'll be starting my Haibane Renmei AMV (which was why I watched the series). Look for it (a long time from now). :cry:
Aut has her reasons I'm sure, and I'm okay with it d:
and it is a good show... thanks.. I figured tons of effects would kill the mood (heh, heh obviously), that's why I refrained from using particle illusion or multiple tracks O.o
The Origonal Head Hunter wrote:win. Yet another motivation for me to find and obtain the series.
why thank you.
Bakadeshi wrote:very nicely done haibane vid. :up:
Pretty sparkles was fun timez at awa also :up:
Thanks, and thanks for attending the panel :3 AWA was fun times!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The second video is up now! Thanks everyone for watching :3

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:57 pm

Yay. Sparkles! :O

/gets

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:12 am

Noo way! Haha, pretty sparkles was one of the first videos I downloaded off the org (i think ...). Will get fo sho. :up:
EDIT: Hm ... to be honest, I like the original more. It needed a ton more effort put into it. Seemed sort of like you threw it together at the last minute.

jtGz
Org Profile

Post by jtGz » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:47 am

I find 'Intangible Dream' to be very enjoyable but in the second one the music killed it for me. Good job :3.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:04 pm

CodeChrono wrote:Yay. Sparkles! :O
/gets
enjoy :3
inCluDe wrote:I find 'Intangible Dream' to be very enjoyable but in the second one the music killed it for me. Good job :3.
thanks, and no stress i know the song sucks :3
guy07 wrote:Noo way! Haha, pretty sparkles was one of the first videos I downloaded off the org (i think ...). Will get fo sho. :up:
EDIT: Hm ... to be honest, I like the original more. It needed a ton more effort put into it. Seemed sort of like you threw it together at the last minute.
1. you waited 2 years to download ANYTHING off of the org? @_@ the original was released in 2005, you joined in 2003 O.o

2. I find your "effort values" rather ironic... I actually took my time this time, the first one I just randomly threw shit on the timeline... no seriously, my friend was rushing me off of the computer so even though I didn't feel like I was done, I released it anyways... There is a reason the sync in the original wasn't as tight as it should have been.

Granted this time I didn't spew negative overlays all over the video (to keep up the "timing" on my rather long run on video segment), but I did do some effects and transitions even though more subtle took quite a bit more time than throwing a negative and a cookie cutter on to a clip and then setting a few random key frames. Not to mention I was a lot more picky about scene selection and placement this time around, and went through at least 9 betas of changing around the scenes, and picking the right scenes... I actually didn't rush anything at all O.o (lets not even touch on how many more DVDs I had to rip...)

but I suppose if you say I put less effort into it, then you must be right... the original video took me 2-4 days, this one took me 2-3 weeks O.o

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”