One Guitar (Otakon 2008 Drama/Serious Runner-up)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Magnus
Treasure this time
Org Profile

Post by Magnus » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:21 am

Yes! -Downloads-

Felt like it was missing something in the middles/second 4th section but once the song heated up so did the video. A real solid video with lot of impact. Really like the last section of the video.

Good job. :up:
ImageImageImage

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:21 am

I'm not sure why, but there was something about that small chunk of lip sync that I liked. Maybe it was the way you did it, because it looked more accidental than forced.

Oh yeah, and Fuck Maho.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

MeriC
Org Profile

Post by MeriC » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:34 am

MrDoctorDoctorGimmeDaNews wrote:I'm not sure why, but there was something about that small chunk of lip sync that I liked. Maybe it was the way you did it, because it looked more accidental than forced.

Oh yeah, and Fuck Maho.
You're exactly right; it was indeed accidental, which is why I kept it in. I had it in there as a joke, but I figured "what the hell?," so in it stayed. :lol:
New AMVs: DQCF+P (various Street Fighter) | One Guitar (BECK) | Please Don't Make Me Cry (Paradise Kiss)

Hae
Org Profile

Post by Hae » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:37 am

yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!!! (orgasm?)
i've been waiting for this to be announced! saw it at otakon, beautiful ;D
(i suppose that statement lost it's taste since i couldn't get to this sooner xD )
--anyway definitely downloading this! <333
Tumblr. Cheers.

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:39 am

Seriously one of the better Beck video's I've seen. I really enjoyed it despite initially getting kinda turned down by the music. But then again it grew on me I guess.

I felt some of the scene selections were slightly inconsistent mostly due to the different guitars. Not really something to easily work around but still worth mentioning imo.

8.2/10

I approve.

neorose
Org Profile

Post by neorose » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:38 pm

Awesome song,awesome choice to match it to, love the vid 5/5

screw all who hate the song.

Lol I watched it again today and noticed that when they sing he had that one guitar, in the vid you show like 3 different ones haha.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:35 pm

I wasn't all that crazy about the song, but :up: on the editing. It was my second choice for the category (which is ironic considering it won second place, behind my first choice ;p)

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:51 pm

Wow, there is a LOT of hating on Foreigner going on in here. Go figure.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:13 am

MrDoctorDoctorGimmeDaNews wrote:Wow, there is a LOT of hating on Foreigner going on in here. Go figure.
i thought thats just what you guys did down there ... hate foreigners. :O

Lockstock
Squirrel Boy
Org Profile

Post by Lockstock » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:14 am

Doktor F.C. Mad Genius wrote:
MrDoctorDoctorGimmeDaNews wrote:Wow, there is a LOT of hating on Foreigner going on in here. Go figure.
i thought thats just what you guys did down there ... hate foreigners. :O
osnap >.>

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”