Like it or Leave it (Kyo x Tohru)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
taifunbrowser
Org Profile

Like it or Leave it (Kyo x Tohru)

Post by taifunbrowser » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:09 pm

Video uploaded, server is confirming it as I post this.
There is, however, a direct link until it's there.

Op please! or, comments on this thread are ok too :P

Enjoy, kyo x tohru from Fruits basket.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:11 pm

I love you long time

Chiikaboom
memes
Org Profile

Post by Chiikaboom » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:22 pm

d(o3o)b
Image ImageImage

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:31 pm

*collective sigh of relief*

When I saw KyoxTohru, I nearly crapped my pants, as I knew you had probably released the same conceptual video I have been working on for roughly a month now (which has happened now on two occasions).

But my fears were elayed as I saw Aly and AJ.

So now I shall download and enjoy. ^_^

*meh gets*

Funky-kun
Org Profile

Post by Funky-kun » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:49 am

Wow, this was a very pleasant surprise. :) Editing-wise the video was pure excellence - dynamic and flowing exactly with the music. The various effects throught the video kept me interested, although I found two of them - the "winamp visualizatio" one ( :lol: ) and the one with the hearts near the end - a little cheesy. That doesn't ruin the great video though. Joog boj! :up:

4.25/5

Ryle_Caste
Org Profile

Post by Ryle_Caste » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:23 am

a Fruits Basket AMV. :)
meh gets this one.

Edit: I've watched it. Well, it was a good video. However, there were some things that I didn't like in it. Probably because I wasn't expecting the video to be all that fast/flashy, but since you meant it to be action, then I should not complain more on that. It's just that the video felt random and the build up wasn't that strong enough to impact something and sorry to say this but I gotta blame the effects that you incorporated. They were a bit too hard for your video and they didn't add anything to improve particularly the romance aspect. Thus, it worked as an action than a romance AMV to me. But, it was fun watching it anyway. Still, a good job. ^^

Magnus
Treasure this time
Org Profile

Post by Magnus » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:21 am

mmmmmmmmmmmm/Gets

zomg, me lykez~ only thing that i didnt like was some of the exprimental effects, still a nice video ^^ Hugs to everyone! (>'.')>
Last edited by Magnus on Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:30 am

Fruits Basket is my second favorite anime. I love the romances the show portrays, and I love more highspeed/perkey attemptsa t the romance....

However...

*The effects ruined it for me personally. Especially the black cuts in the beginning. Or the weird radio frequences during the first chorus. They were distracting from the scenes, and made it look like a dance video instead of a romance video. That kind of bothered me....

*Scenes selected started out strong, then kind of mellowed out towards the end. Since this is a TohruXKyo video, they should be the pirmary focus in the video. Instead, there are a l ot of scnes with Tohru or Kyo with other charcters. At times I think they were tere in order to fill the space of Kyo/Tohru's friends an dfamily, but at others it was distracting. My perfect example of this is the scene with Yuki pushing the girl away. It was really out of place and non fruits basket viewers are not going to understand why a purple-haired kid just knocked another kid to the floor. Perhaps had you changed the hair color to orange, it would ahve worked out better and would have made Kyo look like a commitment issue person. ^_^

*That effect with the photos flying out of the screen at about1:18 was really cute! I loved that effect. However, instead of the same three photos over and over again, I think perhaps some varying in the photos would have been nice. And perhaps some more emotionally powerful photos.

*I may be wrong on this one, but it felt completely random for a romance video.

Overall, it really wasn't my cup of tea, but then again, what do I know. :lol:

But it was still a really nice video and I'm sure I'll watch it again.

3.75/5.00

Niwa
Cake Addiction
Org Profile

Post by Niwa » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:03 am

I don't about those effects, they seemed quite unnecesary most of the time. Although it was enjoyable in the end :)

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”