Safe and Sound

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Niwa
Cake Addiction
Org Profile

Post by Niwa » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:24 am

/gets

be sure on having that bunny suit on <3

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:49 am

Eh... What´s up with this strange colour spaces? It flickers or whatever oô
Especially ~1:09 look at his shirt!
I think you got a bit too much blur for cleaning up the source imo.

To 75% the video didn´t got my interesst or a mood for me.

3.45/5
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:57 am

now this is seriously my kind of drama video :up:
fix dot crawl :|
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

Nerjaveika
Org Profile

Post by Nerjaveika » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:04 pm

Too monotone for me...plus I don't like the song and anime, so can't rate it objective...gomen
Not all of us can afford to be romantic...

Megamom
Org Profile

Post by Megamom » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:56 pm

:o Woouu...Undoubtedly, a lot of crude and explicit action, the issue is above all things sober, although at some points without synchronization, not to use the blows of music.

Certainly the music is the best, this is one of my favorite songs, using grabs in a long time AMV Blue Submarine 6, but on your left AMV much better!!

Muchas gracias amigo por compartirlo!!!!

5/5 :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

kentoshogun
Org Profile

Post by kentoshogun » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:05 pm

Got it.

Hum, it's not bad, I like the concept but i think that needs some more flow. At the half of the vid almost all the scenes are placed as they are in the film, or i think so(I saw this film long time ago).
Something interesting is that it can be noticed that you didn't want to spend time masking(something that i even don't know), i think that some sync with the piano/guitar would be better.

Anyway there's anything i can teach you xDD, i supose that you only was a little bored.

3.8/5.

Greggus1
Org Profile

Post by Greggus1 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:27 pm

Some smart things said in this thread.
Ingow wrote:Great video. Totally loved the "In slow motion the blast is beautiful" scene.
Indeed. And people say we can't find new ways to edit.
Ingow wrote:My only complaint might be that the song in itself still has a way too "uplifting" (haha, no, really) rhythm for Jin-Roh
xD
Emong wrote:and while parts of the video had the feel like I was watching an AMV with its audio tuned off and with another song playing at the same time
Well put, besides the correction reflecting my opinion.

As a whole, I'm not sure whether this video should exist or not. If I had your speed, I might consider making videos like this; but as it is, it's the kind of combo where only parts match, and you enjoy matching those parts in your head, but doing the whole deal doesn't work out amazing.

So this one ends up with some of your best and some of your worst editing I've seen yet. Still, I can't say I regret watching it. Not even close :up:

Full Metal Sempai
Org Profile

Post by Full Metal Sempai » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:21 pm

Ok,that was awesome.I haven't seen the movie but I understood everything and I have to say,I loved what I saw.
Simple,depressing,brutal and powerful.Effects use was dead on the spot - only when it was absolutely necessary - and you made a great job capturing the mood.Quality wasn't perfect but it was far above watchable.

It'll stay on my playlist for a while....
5/5 great job :up: :up:

ps:Now on to find and watch the movie!! :D

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:02 pm

Alright, instead of going through everyone's comments one by one, I'll just do a group thing for everyone who said basically the same things about the video having inconsistent/slow/boring pacing, or just had a very overall 'meh' response to the video:

This is more or less what I expected the main response to be. I myself am not completely pleased with the first ~1:30 of the video...to be honest, it HAS grown on me since I finished the video, more because I know what to expect in the first part and I think that does help in trying to make sense of the scene selection. If you look at it from a conceptual standpoint I think the first ~1:30 is pretty decent, but I agree that it probably could have been synched better with the music - to be fair though, Jin-Roh has very little footage that's not just people standing around talking - I used almost all the action scenes in the entire movie, so try not to hold that against me.
Ingow wrote:Great video. Totally loved the "In slow motion the blast is beautiful" scene. Your entire way of syncing never got boring since you kept on changing styles for every audio change/effect and I really liked that. My only complaint might be that the song in itself still has a way too "uplifting" (haha, no, really) rhythm for Jin-Roh, because the movie is more on the slow and sad side and you had to as you wrote yourself turn up the brightness and you also used flashes and stuff and that feels weird for a person that's seen the anime.

But other than that very good work and if you've done this in one day then wow that's totally awesome man 5/5
Thanks Ingow :D I think calling this song 'uplifting' is, no matter how you look at it, just wrong though. To me at least, the lyrics are especially forboding and the 'choruses' of "Aaaahhhh...ahhhhhh" are just dark and creepy. BTW - I almost titled this thread "Dedicated to Ingow" because you're the only other person I know who's made a Jin-Roh video :>
Bauzi wrote:Eh... What´s up with this strange colour spaces? It flickers or whatever oô
Kaxi wrote: Too bad the video quality wasn't good.
Minion wrote:fix dot crawl
That was a result of compression. I filtered all the scenes before putting them in my editing program, and the crappy visual quality came up after I compressed the video - I have no idea how to avoid it (and if anyone wants to help me, please do).
Megamom wrote:Certainly the music is the best, this is one of my favorite songs, using grabs in a long time AMV Blue Submarine 6, but on your left AMV much better!!
Thanks for checking it out and commenting! Glad you liked it!
kentoshogun wrote:Something interesting is that it can be noticed that you didn't want to spend time masking
Nope, masking tends to take up a lot of time and I didn't feel like spending hours doing that for a video I just wanted to put together really quickly.
Greggus1 wrote:Well put, besides the correction reflecting my opinion.

As a whole, I'm not sure whether this video should exist or not. If I had your speed, I might consider making videos like this; but as it is, it's the kind of combo where only parts match, and you enjoy matching those parts in your head, but doing the whole deal doesn't work out amazing.

So this one ends up with some of your best and some of your worst editing I've seen yet. Still, I can't say I regret watching it. Not even close
My worst editing yet? Ouch, I'm actually kinda offended by that, especially considering shit videos I've put out like Amnesia in Comfort and Figured Out. I personally don't think anything in this video is as bad as either of those (though there are some parts that are certainly not good), but I'm glad you enjoyed it anyway ;)
FullMetalSempai wrote:Ok,that was awesome.I haven't seen the movie but I understood everything and I have to say,I loved what I saw.
Simple,depressing,brutal and powerful.Effects use was dead on the spot - only when it was absolutely necessary - and you made a great job capturing the mood.Quality wasn't perfect but it was far above watchable.

It'll stay on my playlist for a while....
5/5 great job

ps:Now on to find and watch the movie!!
Yes! Go watch the movie, it's plain brilliant! But quite depressing :( Thank you for watching and enjoying the video, hopefully after seeing Jin-Roh for yourself you'll like the video even more :D

Greggus1
Org Profile

Post by Greggus1 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:16 pm

Yeah, to clarify that, you know I'm not talking Figured Out bad. But the scenes where you used the like 8 frames cross dissolves at random moments, I was like "Nooo Ben... Not you too..."

:P

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”