Black Lagoon - RBW(By KnX)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
surfsama
Org Profile

Post by surfsama » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:02 am

A very cool AMV. I watched Black Lagoon over the summer and you captured Revy's mood perfectly with the music and scene selections. I liked how you balanced the action with the quieter solo moments.

My only issue is the end. It just does...like you ran out of film. It was so intensity just before the end that it left me hanging.

About the best Black Lagoon AMV I have see so far.

3.75/5 :up:

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:30 am

interesting and stylish presentation 4/5

KnX
Org Profile

Post by KnX » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:18 am

-Good for Nothing- wrote:mh, I somewhat like the way you merely focused on her fighting or looking good, just that it gets old with the video progressing.
also, the effects are definitely not ideal, some rotoscoping looks a little off and you could have done so much more than just b/w and red |:

so yeah, good editing somehow, much more variation and motion needed to make it stand out for real.
still, the effort that went into the rotoscopes is quite tremendous.

7/10

EDIT:
we skyped quite often about this, so I don't feel the need to elaborate further :D
Yeap I know lol xD
AphexTwin wrote:On the technical side, good job. But this one didn't do it for me.
Well it was focused on it ;),the technical side I mean.
Niotex wrote:Ok first off my take on some of these reply's in the topic. Only people you have to actually listen to. Are the ones that have established themselves or at least know what they are talking about. In other words fuck the likes of Kev, as he should just go back to playing with his recently discovered "Männlichkeit".

So I received beta's for this a while ago and then I didn't really see you around anymore. Figured you had dropped the video or something. Anyway I'll be frank and just get things out of the way. The masking although improved from last I saw it still needs work. But the sheer number of rotoscoping compensates for this really. I really think that although some of the action sequences are powerful as they are, they are missing that fundamental "punch" that I keep hoping for. The thing that I personally think would fix that. Would be more motion on its own on top of what you've already done. From a visual perspective I don't really think the distorted look as you have it now has fully delivered either. It all seems just a little too smooth and clean to me where as the song calls for a roller coaster ride if you get my drift. The filtering on its own wasn't too shabby but then again some extra "texture" would have been nice.

Aside from that stuff and some other technical issue's I actually liked this video. I mean the sync works on its own and all together it just works. Mind you it could have been better. But none the less it still stands firm on its own 2 smexy Revy legs regardless of what I throw at it. Speaking of Revy.. I'm not for dominant chicks but I gotta say.. Revy's a sexy bitch.

One thing worth mentioning aside from the video is that the audio was giving me some hick ups in the beginning. I had to skip forward a bit and then back to the beginning to get the sound to work. This isn't a big issue for me but I can imagen some people might bitch about it.

All in all a solid video.

7.75/10

You know where to find me.
I'm glad you liked it and 10x for the great comment ^_^
gokussj4527 wrote:Hay, sounds cool, I'mma get this.

Edit: That was some hawt shit man. I really liked the masking, the other effects were good, too. One of the best, if not the best, Black Lagoon vid I've seen, great job. 4.5/5 :up:
10x ^_^
Funky-kun wrote:Really stylish AMV, that is the first thing that comes to mind when I watch it, and I did that quite a lot. :lol: I have always liked the way you work with colors, and this is no exception. Video ql was great, taking all the noise in mind, action sync was so-so, but the beatsync was perfect - reflects every change the song makes in sound. The rotoscoping seems to have been masochistic, I'm glad you finished it ;) This gets like... 100 on effort, dude ;) As for the FX - really stylish. I'm more of a fan of repetitive and systematic effects, so this works perfect for me ;) Aso, only the three colors look great, makes the video unique. Deffinately best Black Lagoon vid so far. And your best work so far too :)

Keep it up d00d xD

4.75/5

PS. AMVing in BG shall not die! :O/me will sit on his ass once my SATs are over and edit, + i haven't released "No Fate" officialy :lol:

EDIT: Only fail is frame blending, can't the beta looked better for me ;). Btw lol @ 0:21, camping :lol:
LoL you've sad too much good points.I'm glad u liked it that much :wink:
Reigna wrote:Very cool, stylish stuff overall. There were points where there were too many still shots, but it didn't throw off pace much. Would have been cool to see things pick up a little more though, especially towards the end. And wow, that's a lot of frickin roto. Props on all the masking. :up:
You got that right I almost killed myself while masking that chick :roll:
Falconone wrote:For me it was nothing, i saw no sense in it only violence. But the editing was not so bad. 3/5
Well still 10x for watching ^^
Esrhan wrote:I haven't watched Black Lagoon, but appearently the major appeal of this video comes from the main female character. I somewhat missed this factor, but the visual style was worth taking a look at.
10x ^^
Surfsnake wrote:A very cool AMV. I watched Black Lagoon over the summer and you captured Revy's mood perfectly with the music and scene selections. I liked how you balanced the action with the quieter solo moments.

My only issue is the end. It just does...like you ran out of film. It was so intensity just before the end that it left me hanging.

About the best Black Lagoon AMV I have see so far.

3.75/5 :up:
Actually I did ran out of footage in the end and not only that.My desire to edit died too xD
OropherZero wrote:interesting and stylish presentation 4/5
10x dude ^^

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:45 pm

That was pretty cool...but man, the verses dragged. They were nothing but close-ups of the main chick just looking angsty. There was hardly any movement in them. I mean, the choruses were great, the style was really cool and the action went with the music. But the verses were pointless and boring, and it seems like you just got lazy at those points :/

3/5

Kaxi
Org Profile

Post by Kaxi » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:04 pm

CrackTheSky wrote:But the verses were pointless and boring
Lyric sync? /i'm not sure/

I LOVED this video KnX! Friggin' awesome, i loved every second of it! Perfect atmosphere, the best Black Lagoon amv i've seen so far. 5/5

Ruby-Eye
Org Profile

Post by Ruby-Eye » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:29 pm

Well Revy definitely is "eine perfekte 10"!!!!!! :lol:

Really liked this, we definitely need more good Black Lagoon videos!!!! :up:

Funky-kun
Org Profile

Post by Funky-kun » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:53 pm

Kaxi wrote:
Yup, there's lyric sync ;)

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:13 pm

Funky-kun wrote:
Kaxi wrote:
Yup, there's lyric sync ;)
What? Are the lyrics about closeups? Because nothing happens AT ALL during the verses. There's only so many times you can show a girl's profile before it starts to lose whatever meaning it had in the first place.

KnX
Org Profile

Post by KnX » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:52 pm

CrackTheSky wrote:That was pretty cool...but man, the verses dragged. They were nothing but close-ups of the main chick just looking angsty. There was hardly any movement in them. I mean, the choruses were great, the style was really cool and the action went with the music. But the verses were pointless and boring, and it seems like you just got lazy at those points :/

3/5
10x m8,actually somehow I have almost the same opinion.It wasn't like I got lazy but more like I didn't know what to put back there.And on a stupid song in which all its being sad is "You are a hawt woman" because thats the complete lyrics of the song is somehow :roll:.Ohhh yeah and btw my lyric sync is pretty good if I get someone to do an english translation you may agree with me.But right now I don't have so I'm guilty LoL.
Kaxi wrote:

I LOVED this video KnX! Friggin' awesome, i loved every second of it! Perfect atmosphere, the best Black Lagoon amv i've seen so far. 5/5
10x I'm glod you liked it ^_^
Ruby-Eye wrote:Well Revy definitely is "eine perfekte 10"!!!!!! :lol:

Really liked this, we definitely need more good Black Lagoon videos!!!! :up:
10x I'm glad you've enjoyed my vid.

Hope I get a translation these days so everyone can understand how stupid and pointless this song is and stop asking me why I putted Revys face everywhere :roll:

Szwagier
Org Profile

Post by Szwagier » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:22 pm

I must say i'm a bit disappointed, since I got used to watching good or great vids from you, and this is (imho) simply plain. I can praise you for moody set of effects and nicely done synchro, but there isn't anything else... All the time you show one of the following three:
1. Closeup on chicks face
2. Chick smoking a cigarette
3. Chick poiting/shooting/reloading a gun
(sometimes you combine them like closeup on a face of chick smoking a cigarette)

And while this could do for an introduction or for a very short (30s-1 min) vid, this did not provide enough entertaiment for a 3 minutes vid. At least for me.

3/5
ImageImageImage

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”