AIR - AfterGlow (Akross-con 2006 finalist)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Janey
Org Profile

AIR - AfterGlow (Akross-con 2006 finalist)

Post by Janey » Mon May 28, 2007 8:17 am

Video: AfterGlow
Category: Serious, Other
Anime: AIR (TV)
Song: Black Coffee
Artist: All Saints
Creator: Janey

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=144851

I finally uploaded my video which was an entry to Akross Contest-2006. It reached top 40 list of finalists. I didn't win any awards but I'm still glad I participated and produced my first AMV in "MAD" style (most of footage used being still images and effects).

Funky-kun
Org Profile

Post by Funky-kun » Mon May 28, 2007 8:30 am

sounds interesting... will dl

and btw it will be easier for you to use the VidID tag ;)

[vidid=xxxx]

where xxxx is the number at the end of the link of your video, 144851 in your case ;)

EDIT: It was quite an enjoybale vid.The effects and sync were nice, also i liked the atmosphere of it a lot. There were some issues with the video quality and i disliked the text, but overall a great amv :up:
4/5

-GfN-
Org Profile

Post by -GfN- » Mon May 28, 2007 9:20 am

oshi- uber-late akross release :o

anyway I was somewhat sceptic since most m@d-style amvs with air are just plain fail and actually it turned out exactly as I expected.
cheesy effects like the pulsars, particle effects wirth wrong blending modes and shitty text. also, if it should stand in as a good video with stills, there has to be definitely more pan&scan and in this case effects that actually go with the flow.
also, on the technical side, the masks were substandard as was the visual quality.
only parts I enjoyed were the few in which actual animation was viewable...

sorry, dude |:<

4.1/10

~Jannis

yumi+chan
Org Profile

Post by yumi+chan » Mon May 28, 2007 10:19 am

Well I enjoyed the video, it has a nice atmosphere^^
But I don't like the text either, and the quality of the video could have been better too. And I like the parts of the video in which the actual animation of the Anime was viewable better than the rest too.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon May 28, 2007 11:11 am

/me gets O:

Niwa
Cake Addiction
Org Profile

Post by Niwa » Mon May 28, 2007 1:00 pm

Ima take a look :O

Janey
Org Profile

Post by Janey » Mon May 28, 2007 2:31 pm

-Good for Nothing- wrote:oshi- uber-late akross release :o

anyway I was somewhat sceptic since most m@d-style amvs with air are just plain fail and actually it turned out exactly as I expected.
cheesy effects like the pulsars, particle effects wirth wrong blending modes and shitty text. also, if it should stand in as a good video with stills, there has to be definitely more pan&scan and in this case effects that actually go with the flow.
also, on the technical side, the masks were substandard as was the visual quality.
only parts I enjoyed were the few in which actual animation was viewable...

sorry, dude |:<

4.1/10

~Jannis
Thanks for pointing out some techical problems, I agree on that. Actually It was my first trying to apply PE effects (and making something like mad) so blendingbrought difficulties. I'll work on that.
Talking about text - it was plain taken from annotation to "Air" PC game Well, most of it:) and some was taken from anime itself.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon May 28, 2007 4:03 pm

I shall download. :shock:

jade_eyed_angel
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by jade_eyed_angel » Mon May 28, 2007 5:13 pm

cute ^^ it's a nice idea i like.. had some quality issues though, but whatever... try to outline your masks with a feather or something, the edges looked a bit rough ^^
but otherwise nice stuff =]

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Mon May 28, 2007 7:55 pm

hmmm

DeInteracing the raw footage would have been helpful ^__^

I like the B/W to Coloring affects

Good Job 8-)

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”