Princess Tutu - Beyond

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Sat May 19, 2007 2:02 am

I was dissapointed with the visual quality , BUT i'm amazed that each of the 3 princess tutu vids I've seen are totally different :wink:
And you did a good job of grabbing my interest and dragging me along for the ride :up:
new banzors in the making :p

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sat May 19, 2007 2:57 am

I've gotta say one thing -

Despite the fact that for a Princess Tutu video, it's rather light on dancing footage, it still feels really well-choreographed :)

Awesome job.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Dark-Krystal
Org Profile

Post by Dark-Krystal » Sat May 19, 2007 2:02 pm

Nicely done :up:

ScorpionP
Org Profile

Post by ScorpionP » Sat May 19, 2007 3:17 pm

I loved it, certainly one of the best Princess Tutu vids out there.
Keep up the good work!

*inverse*
Org Profile

Post by *inverse* » Sat May 19, 2007 9:17 pm

aerialesque wrote:griffons! :o

Really awesome video. :up: It accomplishes exactly what you tried to do, and I don't think you could have pulled it off better. The whole video has a dreamy, definitely 'fairytale-like' feel to it, and the song fits so incredibly well. I love the text at the beginning and the end...which is saying a lot, because I'm prone to hate text in videos. Awesome job, Shell, I love this video. :3
Aw, thanks Danielle <3
I wasn't sure what to expect with the text, especially since I don't use it that often - really happy that it worked out alright. Angelzoom is awesome, too :wink:
Reigna wrote:Seriously awesome video, Shell. The vid pulls the fairytale concept off really well, and it's great seeing you trying out different stuff with your editing too. That part from 1:16-1:21 looks so shmexy (even though that bird thing is nasty) and I love the shift in pacing at 2:21. This is definitely one of your best, if not the best, videos. Oh, and of course, nice job with all those GRIFFONS. :o
Thanks Gina! You were a big help with this too - I think I spammed you with like, a million alphas and betas :P
And yeah, trying new stuff is fun - might have to do it more often o:
Radical_Yue wrote:I claimed your op virginity...that is all I need...
lol - thanks :P
Ingow wrote:The color compositions + the scene selection combined with the subtle effects made it look like nothing was edited at all so that the whole thing is just like this the way it was supposed to be. IMO you couldn't have found a better song to go along with that concept of yours as well because it really flows lovely to the whole animation style of that anime (which I still can't believe has all that kind of dramatic pictures after watching the first episode like years ago).

anyways 5/5, good stuff :>
Thank you! I was trying to be consistent with the effects without doing anything really distracting - even though I really wanted to play with all the cheesy effects vegas had to offer ^^; But yeah, Tutu is definitely a different kind of shoujo anime - worth checking the rest out o:
JaddziaDax wrote:O:
*inverse* + tutu = win
im sure im right... /me gets
/me is jealous and love it
lol - thank you Katie <3
Nasti wrote:Simply beautiful....5/5
Thanks!
WC Annihilus wrote:Beautiful combination, very nice job :D
Hey, glad you enjoyed it :)
code_chrono wrote:Wow. I don't know what it is about this anime, but I always feel artsy-fartsy after watching an AMV using it. So, in other words, I shall now flock away and create a work of art!

Oh, and the AMV was good too.
lol - thanks!
Chiikaboom wrote:Fecking HAWTNESS Shell.
But i didnt get first post.
U FAIL
D=
I kid i kid.
rawritschii <3
jubjub2 wrote:That was incredibly yummy. It flowed amazingly well.
Nice nice nice!
Aw, thanks Jubs - yummy XD
rei.andrea wrote:Amazing video !! 5/5 :up:
I really enjoy the concept and the flows of the video, perfect mix.
very touching...
Thank you :)
post-it wrote:that was very good ^__^
I just got on-line 20 minutes ago, after being disconnected for over two years,
and this series is the last full series that I truly loved.
Well Done ^__^
Two years? That's a long time :o
Thanks!
kikai_saigono wrote:total hawtness! :up:
Thanks, Kikai XD
silver_moon wrote:Loved it. Very pretty. :)
Aw, thank you - glad you liked it :)
jade_eyed_angel wrote:!!!! shell vid!!
/megets
awesome i like it a lot =]
i kinda wanna watch tutu again now.... hehe awsm vid
lol - thanks Rina!
I love this series - you should definitely watch it again :P
(Maybe I should too)
Cornwiggle wrote:Eh, I'm not big on watching vids with anime I'm not familiar with anyway. :)
No worries - I tend to do the same thing.
Meteor Dragon wrote:You are sort of missing out :shock: I found it pretty enjoyable...I was planning on checking out the series because I have a very nice song that needs a slow dance anime show. I'd probably mess it up....anyways nice clip choice 5/5
Autraya wrote:I was dissapointed with the visual quality , BUT i'm amazed that each of the 3 princess tutu vids I've seen are totally different :wink:
And you did a good job of grabbing my interest and dragging me along for the ride :up:
Yeah, I usually don't do a very good job with compressing. I think I'm making mistakes deinterlacing and filtering, too - I'll keep working on it :wink:
Thanks for watching this!
Otohiko wrote:I've gotta say one thing -
Despite the fact that for a Princess Tutu video, it's rather light on dancing footage, it still feels really well-choreographed :)
Awesome job.
Hey, glad you noticed that. I wanted to avoid using all the dancing scenes because I've already seen a few awesome videos that do. Thanks :)
Dark-Krystal wrote:Nicely done :up:
Thanks ^^
ScorpionP wrote:I loved it, certainly one of the best Princess Tutu vids out there. Keep up the good work!
Wow, thank you :o

-----
Thanks again for the feedback on this, everyone - I appreciate it :)

Mamo!
El Shine-o
Org Profile

Post by Mamo! » Sat May 19, 2007 10:27 pm

Shellllllllll!

But awsm vid :up: Really glad you were able to have fun with the shiny effects, yay prettys!! Nice-o work :D

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Sat May 19, 2007 11:38 pm

Love it! And I didn't realize that I was big enough of a fan to care, but I love the pairings you emphasized, too! :P You edited it really well... although the visual quality could have been quite a bit better. Any chances of a remaster? (I can hope, right? :uhoh:)

*inverse*
Org Profile

Post by *inverse* » Sun May 20, 2007 3:07 am

SenshiMamoru wrote:Shellllllllll!
But awsm vid :up: Really glad you were able to have fun with the shiny effects, yay prettys!! Nice-o work :D
Joooooosh!
Yeah, I did have fun XD Thanks <3
jasper-isis wrote:Love it! And I didn't realize that I was big enough of a fan to care, but I love the pairings you emphasized, too! :P You edited it really well... although the visual quality could have been quite a bit better. Any chances of a remaster? (I can hope, right? :uhoh:)
Thanks!
Yeah, the visual quality isn't perfect, but I don't think it's bad enough for a remaster. I'm glad you enjoyed it, though :) Maybe I'll try a re-encode later?

Lockstock
Squirrel Boy
Org Profile

Post by Lockstock » Sun May 20, 2007 3:57 am

some of the best "flow editing" and timings that I have seen in a while. I was really impressed by this video ^_^

my only issue was that it ended kinda abruptly but other than that it was freaking awesome :D

Kaxi
Org Profile

Post by Kaxi » Sun May 20, 2007 2:38 pm

First Princess Tutu AMV i enjoyed. Pretty video :D

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”