Time Waits For No One

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Fri May 18, 2007 1:15 pm

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Fri May 18, 2007 8:22 pm

Okay. More replies :O
Flame-X wrote:Oh! i remember seeing this at the contest. Awesome video. :up:
I like your intro/outro. :)
You were there? :o Why didn't you come up and introduce yourself to us?
RathiSponge wrote:Very nice video and good editing. Good job :D
Thanks pal :O
CrackTheSky wrote:Video of the year, one of the best videos I've ever seen. :up: :up: :up:
Heh, though I definitely think you're over-exaggerating, I'm really glad you go so into it ^_^
dj_ultima_the_great wrote:FUCK YEAH.

I loved this at the convention (it's so far away from all of the cliche concepts you see all the time - my own unoriginal video included). Even though I don't know the anime, I really think I'll be keeping this one. It's just... awsm. Great job, Atom. :D

- Jen
Once again, why didn't you come say hi to us? :O We're not gonna bite your head off (well.. Jay might.) ;_; Either way though, I'm glad you liked the video, and I enjoyed yours as well ^^
aerialesque wrote:Yaaay, it's out. :o

There are seriously no words to describe how awesome this video is. Definitely my favorite of yours. Amazing work. :up:
Thank yoooooooooou. And sorry if I freaked you out on the phone on whatever night it was Gina called you :P
ScorpionP wrote:Awesome vid! :D
Awesome reply!
Bakadeshi wrote::o

I've been waiting for this. I didn't even go to Acen and I've been waiting for this :lol:

/downloads

And every one of you that posted they havn't seen this movie needs to go watch it like NOW ;p
Hope it lived up to your expectations :O
x_rex30 wrote:Pretty refreshing

4/5
It's like a can of Sprite.
Kaxi wrote:A fine video :up: !
The video quality was very nice.
That's what Region 2 DVDs do for ya :o
ZephyrStar wrote::O

This kicked a lot of ass! Good stuff.
Twas what I was going for :o Now get back into Max ya beish! :O
Ero-Tachi wrote:Wow ! Great !

My prefered amv after Voodoo Child by Soh

I ant to leave you an opinion but my english is very bad,can i write it in french xD ?
Haha yes you can write it in French :P I will get D-K to translate it ^_^
azureneko wrote:Wow... That was amazing! Awesome video!
Many thanks :) Glad you liked it

Okay. More to come later.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

lynit
Org Profile

Post by lynit » Fri May 18, 2007 8:53 pm

Great video! I love the concept of it all =)
:up:
Loved the song too :)
<Stirspeare> Otohiko: You guys sure love dongs.

MeriC
Org Profile

Post by MeriC » Fri May 18, 2007 10:07 pm

Ooh ooh, you released this, yays! You have such a gift for mood, it sickens me (the fact that you also made this in a day also sickens me) :P. I remember when I first saw this, I got shivers. The flow and editing is awesome. Great job, I loves this!
New AMVs: DQCF+P (various Street Fighter) | One Guitar (BECK) | Please Don't Make Me Cry (Paradise Kiss)

Devolution
Org Profile

Post by Devolution » Fri May 18, 2007 10:43 pm

awesome job dude, one of the best videos I've seen in months

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Sat May 19, 2007 1:29 pm

I'll get all of these knocked out eventually :o
WC Annihilus wrote:1 day? Blood hell... My only problem was that the text at the beginning (the superimposed over that moving text) didn't quite fit for me. Otherwise, amazing :up:
Blood hell? :O Sounds like a kick ass B-Movie.
Kristyrat wrote:As I said at Acen, easily my favourite video of yours. It seems you can crank out some pretty slick shit when you're under somewhat unique time constraints :P
Favourite segment is definately the rewindy deal at around 2:00, sends shivers down my spine every time. : up :

[Kristyrat]

(If I had a video player, this would be first on the transfer list >_>)
I agree I can knock out some pretty slick shit when I'm under time constraints, but lets leave my bathroom habits out of this thread shall we?

;P
Malificus wrote:That was just.. wow.
Kristyrat wrote: Favourite segment is definately the rewindy deal at around 2:00, sends shivers down my spine every time. : up
x2
I concur :P
Reigna wrote:Brad, you have no idea how much I love this video (okay maybe you do from when I was going on and on about it in the hotel room, or if you just look at my fav top 10 amv >>). Seriously every time I talk about this video with anyone I'm always just like "wow...". The video is so artistic and original, and it actually makes me feel something. The final version is awesome, though I couldn't help but wonder what to change on such a great vid when I saw the beta. I love a lot of your stuff, but wow, this is definitely the best.
Kristyrat wrote: Favourite segment is definately the rewindy deal at around 2:00, sends shivers down my spine every time. : up
Same, it gives me goosebumps each time I watch it. :o
Thanks Gina Bobina :) I'm very glad you enjoy it as much as you do.
ZephyrStar wrote:
Malificus wrote:That was just.. wow.
x2
x4
x5
Tsunami Jones wrote:People have already said it, and I said it at Acen, but definitely my favorite video of yours. Great stuff :up::up:
Thanks PAL :O BTW did you ever get your slice of cake?
Bakadeshi wrote:Very nice way you put this together. I dig it. :up:

Effects (in the body, aside form the opening and outro)...eh... I think it could have been just as good without some of them, but they were done tastefully. I dig the directing in this (rewind scene for example... and how you aproached the whole fate altering time jumping in the amv) more than anything. People should be able to understand it without having seen the movie. If you did this in a day, awesome job. (although it is a movie, so the source isn't that hard to go through ;p )

One of my favorite movies out this year so far, and your video did it justice.

Oh and nice touch with both the opening and ending.
Thanks Mr. Deshi :O
omegaevolution wrote:that was cool to watch, a nice and simple editing. I really enjoyed watching this and now I'm curious about this movie :D . Really nice job :up:

5/5
Only cool to watch? So it wasn't cool to hear? :\ Sad.

:P Glad you liked it.
Fizziks wrote:A very enjoyable vid with great pacing and mood. :up: It's also one of the more surreal AMV's I've seen.
Muchos gracis mi amigo :)
OropherZero wrote:awesome AMV to an awesome anime movie (seriously watch the anime people), also liked the storyboarding of it, ie, the AMV didn't show the events of the movie in chronological order and it still made a lot of sense =)

5/5
I'll give YOU 5/5 :O
Prodigi wrote:I've been saying it for weeks and I'll still say it now. Fucking. Epic.

Your best vid ever.
You're epic :|

n4rU
Org Profile

Post by n4rU » Sat May 19, 2007 2:24 pm

I am very very very admiring in front of your editing *o* I love it !!

Some words in french :
Sublime ! ça pète sa maman !
Projet MeM ~ 20%

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Sat May 19, 2007 11:50 pm

Interesting, we must have some similar musical tastes. I just bought the Halou album off of Emusic last month. :P

Anyway, I really liked this video. It's the of the kinds that I'd show to others to explain what AMVs could be. :)

Douggie
CHEESECAKE!
Org Profile

Post by Douggie » Sun May 20, 2007 3:22 am

That was cool! Liked the pace and especially the type of fonts you were using.

One day? O_o So you're keeping your reputation as fastest (non-WMM) editor on the .org?

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Mon May 21, 2007 4:57 pm

More replies!!!
blaku92 wrote:
Kristyrat wrote:pretty slick shit
I'd have to agree: "slick" is the word that comes to my mind as well. Really well done.
5/5
Thanks pal :O
Willen wrote:Very nice. The atmosphere and mood of this video are well produced. I enjoyed watching it muchly.
I enjoyed making it muchly.

BTW, ACen just wasn't the same this year without doing a cell phone wave to one of your videos :\
Warheart wrote:Hm, a bit to slow for my taste. The editing is decent as always but the mood just won't kick in as it does with most of your other videos (may just be the souces). Still more enjoyable than 99% of the videos that were released last month so I'm pretty glad you finally announced it. I guess I'll watch it a few more times and see if it grows on me.
I still have yet to figure out what ISN'T too slow for your tastes (considering how much you praised my Laputa video :P) But even still, thanks pal :P
Minion wrote:that was badassery. :up: :up:
Best noun ever.
Esrhan wrote:
Ingow wrote: well anyways, outstanding work on the composition of your intro and outro. the main video was pretty much very simple but that's what the song wanted I guess. I like your way of creating atmosphere. technically a very good video but I'm sorry I just can't enjoy it too much personally considering it's just a girl riding a bicyle and running around town the whole time, I can't get into that kind of sources I'd say.
That pretty much sums up my thoughts as well.
Heh, alright :P
OropherZero wrote:"I just can't enjoy it too much personally considering it's just a girl riding a bicyle and running around town"

This is madness!

hmm i guess maybe people who have seen the anime can appreciate it more...maybe...
It seems to be relatively split between those who feel it can be enjoyed without seeing the movie and those who need to see the movie first.
meleechampion wrote:
OropherZero wrote:hmm i guess maybe people who have seen the anime can appreciate it more...maybe...
That might be the case, awesomeness of the video aside, I couldn't really get into the story.
Well then I certainly suggest watching the movie (not just for the sake of my video. It's simply an awesome movie).
Orzmella wrote:Good stuff!
(joins the fan club)
There's a fan club? :O Why wasn't I invited? :\
Kael_ wrote:I found this video impressive, I had many shivers of it ...

Congratulation, I keep it for a long time. :)
Merci ^_^
Streicher wrote:Very nice. Even the Opening/Ending was tastefully done.
Couldn't sometimes tell wich was in the source and wich was your effect. And that's a great thing.
Most of was in the source, but I can see what you mean. I did do effects, but most of them are pretty subtle/mixed in pretty well (if I do say so myself).
y00anime wrote:oh wow i just heard of this anime
completely amazing!
i wanna have secks to this now =P
5/5
o_o

You want to have secks TO this video? Like, having secks while it's playing in the background? Or have secks WITH this video?

Either one, I say :up:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”