Bleach Technique Beat

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:50 pm

Since no one has said it or I missed someone say it, I find NTB to be a whole lot better. This video has great effects.. the way a cropped character pans all over the place, and the way text moves on the screen.. with all the random lines, circles and the sound visualizers.. I mean wow. And the still frames of characters pumping towards the screen to the beat. It's all pretty impressive.

But aside from all the wow flashy effects.. witch is what seems to buy the users of the community, scene selection in most cases feel extremely random. And the dots really don't help in enjoying it. Some parts I just really don't like, while other parts the scenes seem really cool and matching to the music. It would be nice if I could easily enjoy it from beginning to end like I do NTB, but it's too obnoxious with the effects and pointlessness, so NTB is the victor when it comes to quality by a great deal IMO. I actually enjoyed the effectless version more.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:59 pm

<Decoy> Okay.
<Decoy> Be nice.
<godix> ?
<Decoy> Req just burned you in my thread.
<godix> Heh.
<Decoy> And as I want my work to have a shelf life of more than a week.
<godix> I'll get to it later.
<Decoy> Sweet deal.
<godix> And I wouldn't worry about shelf life. Even if the announcement was locked this very second I'm sure that video is on it's way to the top 10.
<Decoy> I don't give a shit about that. I released it yesterday. I just want it to be up for more than a week or so, so that people can at least see what busted my ass off for the past half a year.
<godix> Alright, I'll be nice and won't say anything to get the thread locked.
<Decoy> Cool. Thanks dude

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:01 pm

Prodigi wrote:It was good to see the revival of the Decoy Hexagons at one point. I'm angered though: I like the dots, but what the hell man?! You can't have more than one trademark! It's the hexagon or the dots. Decide now, or else we'll put them in the pit of doom with nothing but sharp sticks, and the survivor will be your trademark.
Really, he has only the one trademark. Each of those dots was actually a teeny tiny hexagon.

...or was it that each hexagon was made up of MORE DOTS MORE DOTS
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Decoy
Org Profile

Post by Decoy » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:13 pm

*inverse* wrote:I liked some of the effects, but I think there were too many. The whole video basically looked like a blur of colours and shapes, so I couldn't tell what was actually going on.

I really liked the intro, though, and I think I might have enjoyed this more if I liked Bleach. The effects are pretty neat, so I'll watch this again after I look at the FX-less one :)
Yes, I drenched it. I full well knew that it wouldn't sit well with some. The intro was one of my favorite parts in the video. There's just something satisfying about building a scene from the ground up and having it look just like you planned it.
Aria Uchiha wrote:*Thumbs up*

I think the music/effects gave this AMV a unique feel/style and I got used to the dots after watching it a few times. Only downside was having to re-watch it lots to read the smaller text that flew by.

Nice job as always with these Decoy, too bad you're not doing anymore Beats but I imagine they're a giant time-sink.

PS: Was I just seeing things or did you put "Burns like inthesto" in there? :shock:
awsm. Thanks for the comments. The tiny text that I added [be it the easter eggs or actuall relevant comments to the situation at hand] isn't really meant to be read. It just adds to the ambience of the vid.

I won't be doing techbeats anymore, but I'll still be doing effects intense vids, so the time-sink is only going to get bigger ;)

Yes, you saw right. There are tons of those little joke texts in there. I'll post a list of everything in a day or two.
Devil^Shin wrote:To say the true i expect much more than News Print effect, i kind a hate him, i also didnt like some moments in amv, but its my opinion. I think this will be one of amv's of the year and will be probably on 7-8 place in top10%, because there is now so many Bleach fans. I never before listen that mix of Chines Burn and was very enjoyable, but i enjoy NTB more than BTB. Still 4/5.

ok atleast you should put most freaky and awesome character in Bleach -Zaraki Kenpachi.
I will probably will left op soon.
thanks for the comments, ohwell, if you like NTB more. Cool beans, at least that vid is still doing it for some folks.

Maaan, I almost did add Zaraki, but I couldn't find a spot in the song to squeeze him in. Sorry mate.
8bit_samurai wrote:awsm dots. I feel like reading old fashioned comic books or something
yep, gave that same feeling here.
Nostromo_vx wrote:Nostromo found something new for top fav list !
http://xopt.free.fr/p/gr1/Photo%200474.jpg :+fav:
\m/ ! Awesome, glad you like it so much. Thanks a mil :D
silver_moon wrote:I was waiting to see this released after watching it on the Pro discs. :) I like it better than NTB, it just seems to have more attitude, and it looks nicer too. And it made me very happy to see a Bleach vid that actually stood out for once.
Sorry for the wait, I blame jetlag and all that. Also wanted to tweak a thing or two before I released it. Yeah, I wanted this vid to stand out above other Bleach vids. Something I think, I accomplished. [osnap, but wait, you can't see any Bleach in BTB :O]
Tsunami Jones wrote:I liked this a lot more than NTB.
Cool bananas :O
Songbird21 wrote:I wish I could actually see the darn thing. The vid won't play for me. It's pretty rare when that happens.
I hope you got sorted out with VLC or CCCP.
Bakadeshi wrote:kooptangles > Decoydots.

fun vid. though, I knew instantly whos video this was when I saw it >.> :lol:
:O Lies! Hexadots > *

Thanks, and yeah. You can spot my editing a mile away.
Moonlight Soldier wrote:Hawtness sexay.
Coulda used more yuri though >_>
Awsm and yes. EVERYTHING could use more yuri [and I don't mean that dude from RA2]
Minion wrote:Image
Holy shit, I was drunk in that pic.
SSJVegita0609 wrote:Decoy, I'd actually really like to see you create a music video composed entirely of your own effects. That's really what this felt like. I'd almost say the anime aspect TAKES AWAY from it. I couldn't tell what most of the bleach footage was anyways. The vector effects were snazzy and kept my eyes entertained for the most part. I just think the excess of footage made the video too messy.

3/5.
Thanks for the input. Yes, I am working towards that. Baby steps. If I had time I would've vector traced Bleach and did some cool shit with it... but we all know that would take just too goddamn long.
Castor Troy wrote:I demand a Family Guy technique beat.
mebbe >_>
Prodigi wrote:I know this song from somewhere.....

It was good to see the revival of the Decoy Hexagons at one point. I'm angered though: I like the dots, but what the hell man?! You can't have more than one trademark! It's the hexagon or the dots. Decide now, or else we'll put them in the pit of doom with nothing but sharp sticks, and the survivor will be your trademark.
Yay, love for the dots. Of course I can >_> Like I said, hexadots will reign supreme. Or as Kit said... they're really just microscopic hexagons. It's true. >_>

ps - sharp sticks = :(
Tseng808 wrote:As when i was seeing betas, i still this this video is fantastic in every sense of the word. The whole flow of the video the editing and of course the effects! its all top dog!
great stuff, good to know you enjoyed it.
KWC10 wrote:One word AWSOME
YES
Willen wrote:Better than Naurto's Technique Beat.

I suppose I should watch Bleach now...
awsm, thanks. And yes! Watch Bleach
jubjub2 wrote:Excellent as always!
Why thank you, ma'am.
KnX wrote:well what can I say
now this was a really good amv
and I may say that I like it better than NTB
but in NTB u clearly showed fighting technics and stuf and it was little more entertaining
but the effects in this shit roxxx
now I had a little problem with the dots but they weren't a pain in the eye its just that I don't like them
but this is more like personal isues
about your effects
well :roll:
they were great
I love them and u've putten a lot of effort
about the general point of the video 0_o
who needs it :lol:
ohhh and I forgot to say that in this AMV the fighting scenes at some places are a lot clear then they were in NTB
so again great job dude ;)
but I love your evangelion vid the most xD
Cool, it's awesome that you dig the effects. >_> yeah the eva vid was pretty cool <_<
Strider_Black wrote:A real dope video Decoy. I'll have to put this in my favorites collection.
Awesome, sounds like a sweet deal to me.
BasharOfTheAges wrote:This video is clearly a challange.
Lets battle?
Paul Kievits wrote:Aesthetica: 100%
Content: 0%

But since you weren't aiming for content this video gets my seal of approval awesome effects man :o
Yes, good sir. Hit the nail on the head.

Fokken awesome, Bly om te hoor jy like dit, Paul. Die feit dat dit van jou af kom beteken baie vir my. ;)
x_rex30 wrote:Since no one has said it or I missed someone say it, I find NTB to be a whole lot better. This video has great effects.. the way a cropped character pans all over the place, and the way text moves on the screen.. with all the random lines, circles and the sound visualizers.. I mean wow. And the still frames of characters pumping towards the screen to the beat. It's all pretty impressive.

But aside from all the wow flashy effects.. witch is what seems to buy the users of the community, scene selection in most cases feel extremely random. And the dots really don't help in enjoying it. Some parts I just really don't like, while other parts the scenes seem really cool and matching to the music. It would be nice if I could easily enjoy it from beginning to end like I do NTB, but it's too obnoxious with the effects and pointlessness, so NTB is the victor when it comes to quality by a great deal IMO. I actually enjoyed the effectless version more.
What it comes down to. I tried something different. If you don't like it, too bad. You have NTB to float your boat. But I'm glad you still like NTB after a years time, really cool. :)
godix wrote:<Decoy> Okay.
<Decoy> Be nice.
<godix> ?
<Decoy> Req just burned you in my thread.
<godix> Heh.
<Decoy> And as I want my work to have a shelf life of more than a week.
<godix> I'll get to it later.
<Decoy> Sweet deal.
<godix> And I wouldn't worry about shelf life. Even if the announcement was locked this very second I'm sure that video is on it's way to the top 10.
<Decoy> I don't give a shit about that. I released it yesterday. I just want it to be up for more than a week or so, so that people can at least see what busted my ass off for the past half a year.
<godix> Alright, I'll be nice and won't say anything to get the thread locked.
<Decoy> Cool. Thanks dude
<godix> mind if I post this conversation as proof that I'm actually not an asshole ALL of the time?
<Decoy> Sure, I don't mind.

Godix IS actually just a big fluffy teddy bear. *hugs*

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:28 pm

Decoy wrote:<godix> mind if I post this conversation as proof that I'm actually not an asshole ALL of the time?
<Decoy> Sure, I don't mind.

Godix IS actually just a big fluffy teddy bear. *hugs*
Look, I realize that within a few years your AIDS is going to kill you. I also know you will die alone, unmourned, and never having come close to discovering something even remotely like editing talent. So I take pity on you. Don't read more into it than is there.

Decoy
Org Profile

Post by Decoy » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:36 pm

Look, I realize that within a few years your AIDS is going to kill you. I also know you will die alone, unmourned, and never having come close to discovering something even remotely like editing talent. So I take pity on you. Don't read more into it than is there.
:-*

On a different note: Here's the little Zaraki I DID do but got cut out eventually... awsm 3 seconds :|

Zaraki

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:52 pm

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:16 am

NOw that I've gotten around to watching Krat's btb, I can post the oficial rankings

1. Ileia
2. Nessephanie
3. Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitsuner
4. FC
5. Krat
6. ?????
7. PROFIT
8. some fag from south africa
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Devil^Shin
Org Profile

Post by Devil^Shin » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:43 am

khe he he part with Zaraki ownz :twisted:
Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forstall my return.

To become the dew that quenches the land, To spare the sands, the seas, the skies, I offer thee this silent sacrifice.

xRinoa
Org Profile

Post by xRinoa » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:29 am

o.o

Decoy you know that I love that video :o :roll:

:oops:
kekeke

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”