Light the Fire Within

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
devilmaykickass
Org Profile

Post by devilmaykickass » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:51 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:I thought it was a bit wierd to have nice looking CG game cutscenes, decent quality scenes from a recent show, and lesser-quality scenes from the 80's.
What? As far as I know, the oldest source used in the video is Sailor Moon Classic, which is from 1992.

Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin
Org Profile

Post by Kristyrat » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:00 am

To be honest, I don't usually like this kind of video, the whole upbeat, happy, cheer you up kind of thing doesn't usually work for me. But damn, this video was really touching, I really think you did a great job sending that mood across to the viewers, and congrats on getting me to thoroughly enjoy a video I would normally pass over.

Very awesome job, :up:

[Kristyrat]

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:49 pm

I shall download this video.

It's time I got back into amvs again hardcore style...

bah!
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:40 pm

I'd say your 1:3 ratio is standing true....

silver_moon
Org Profile

Post by silver_moon » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:16 am

Knowname wrote:I'd say your 1:3 ratio is standing true....
:?:
ImageImage

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:47 am

silver_moon wrote:
Knowname wrote:I'd say your 1:3 ratio is standing true....
:?:
*check your op by sub0... I'm just playin around, it's a fun vid, I coine shoujo bishudo!!

chambeyc
Org Profile

Post by chambeyc » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:59 am

devilmaykickass wrote:I cried.
X2. Very emotional. And as usual, your editing was really good. I like it a lot.
Just a bit too much Sailormoon footage for me :P

tireur2litres
Org Profile

Post by tireur2litres » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:16 am

i like it a lot :D

niphty
Org Profile

Post by niphty » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:48 am

I liked the first part of it.. up to the title. Since this has been a point of issue.. I'd like to say I think the title fit well there. It was perfectly timed to the break in the song, and the song really was building up to.. something, so I think leaving it empty woulda been bland. I like how it turned out =D And the progression of scenes in the beginning is great.

The middle.. I liked Yuna's singing, personally. But.. i think we maybe like similar things, because where people have disagreed before, I thought how you did it was best =D It may be sappy, but that's the point, eh?

One part I don't like about the middle is too much sailor moon. (ok, maybe we don't like the same of everything :P) Honestly, between 1:20ish and 2:00ish she does the arms spreading/transformation thingy twice. And it feels a bit.. redundant? That's not really what I'm looking for.. but.. it feels like we've skipped back 20 seconds to do it again.
The first time through, when she does it, and it ends with the ring of them all.. that, to me.. is perfect. Then, it feels like you didn't want to move to another anime, so you tried to do another one like that. I dunno, maybe it's ADD kicking in, or a lack of geniune interest for sailor moon, but it feels like you were reaching for a feeling you'd already gotten ahold of.
Then, almost right away, it doubles up on the headpiece.. once with just the moon, once with the full headband. Again, felt like skipping back a second there. Again, she's falling after chick, then she's coming at the screen =D I get what you were going for, but they're too close together, and this isn't an action flick "redo the same thing 5 times cause it was a cool explosion" thing, eh? :)

From there on.. well.. I haven't seen angelic layer, though I've been meaning to. I like how you worked it in throughout, it's one that's been a favorite of mine to see in AMVs. And I liked the mood it presented =D

Personally.. I don't notice the CG and anime as being seperate. You did such a good job putting the emotions together in them with the song, that there's no need to focus on the fact that one's rendered and the other is drawn. And the way you put them there, it made that climaxing part of the song work very well.
To be honest, I think the action in the ending is solid and right on. Timed very well, very dramatic, and fun to watch.

Personally, the song would not be a choice of mine to listen to, and it does ring of a Celine Dion tune moreso than Leann, but.. ce'est la vie ;) I liked how you worked with the song, though I found myself not listening to the words so much as just feeling the tune combined with the video, and that was very pleasing to me. So, I probably won't have it on for background music (yes, i do that with my amvs.. heh) but it'll be one to watch time to time. Another great one from you, it's to be expected! =D

Now.. to copy and paste this into an opinion.. humm..

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”