true fiction

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Maverick-Rubik
The Eye of a Lynx
Org Profile

Post by Maverick-Rubik » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:09 am

Being tired at the time, catching some of the rotoscoping that blended into scenes from other shows kinda shocked me and gave me a blink (mostly the Eva unit shots). Rotoscoping is old, but somehow this felt very unexpected. Great job. :)

Dark-Krystal
Org Profile

Post by Dark-Krystal » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:22 am

Great job :)

Esrhan
Org Profile

Post by Esrhan » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:40 am

Orwell wrote:Technically very impressive, but I'm sick of das omen. If you had carried a story through this video, instead of it being random within a general theme, this would have been one of/the best video I've seen this year.
I would have to agree with this statement.

Technically and visually the video is superb, a bit clumsy at times though, but it just lacks any real idea, concept or story. I've seen quite a lot of technically good videos and once you've seen one, you've pretty much seen them all. Maybe a few new little things can be brought up at times but it is nothing too innovating.

Only thing you're missing is the background cocept behind the visual aspect. A story, theme, message or anything. The outstandng visual quality can never stand alone when it comes to animemusicvideos.

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:48 am

godix wrote:That was a nice looking AE demo.
Ya, Adobe could use some new blood. lol

burntoast
Org Profile

Post by burntoast » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:38 am

I've said this before, and I'll say it again, great work man!

Hopefully it won't be too long til your next vid. ;)
"The only one to deprive you of happiness is yourself."

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:48 am

That was pure sex for the eyes :D Respect for the massive amount of work you put in there. Too bad this song is used pretty often in other good videos... some more lyricsynch would've also been nice :P
Then again, considering it as pure eyecandy, this is awesome. Just the song doesn't do it for me, I thought from the start that E-Nomine sucks :lol:

@ others: Can't you just lay back and enjoy the eyecandy without searching for a meaning? It would've been lost anyway within all the effects, making the video actually worse :P

SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Org Profile

Post by SnhKnives » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:18 pm

Pwolf wrote:
Tono_Fyr wrote:Good job on ruining a video you spent months on.
not liking it is one thing, but that is just not cool :|

Pwolf
try years

and also seconded, stop being an asshat tono

Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
Org Profile

Post by Jnzk » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:21 pm

Impressive use of effects. :)

Esrhan
Org Profile

Post by Esrhan » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:24 pm

try years

and also seconded, stop being an asshat tono
Of course Tono had an usually strong opinion of this animemusicvideo, but at least it wasn't along the usual lines you sometimes see here. He actually included a little bit of constructive criticism to go with his reply! One could though suspect, if he despises technical videos from the start, but that is only an assumption and off-topic.

If you ask me, this was just one guy who didn't like the video for it's fancy effects and decided to tell his ugly truth. A real asshat would have just flamed the video - end of post. So, are people here over-sensitive or taking the editing hobby so seriously that criticism of anykind is not allowed?

Posting to an already-replied thread only to call him an asshat because of a statement like that is a bit immature. In all honesty, I think it needs a lot more than just a "mean" ending sentence to come back and diss the guy.

If someone said that about my video, I would accept the fact that he didn't like a fully visual AMV and move on. Can't please everyone, now can we? Besides, in the end it is just one guy's opinion and saying something like that only applies to his own case.

Why am I defending the guy who went a bit overboard with his opinion... Actually I would only like to fight the issue, that criticizing a video is slowly becoming into a taboo here. Now that I think about it, maybe I am taking this too seriously on my part. Anyway, carry on. Don't take my posts too seriously folks.

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:36 pm

I remember really liking this video at AWA, good stuff. :up:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”