SNK Tribute - 1st Place Action at AnimeUSA

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

SNK Tribute - 1st Place Action at AnimeUSA

Postby zenmetsu » Fri Oct 25, 2002 12:12 am

Hey all. This is just a post to say that my video "Insert Coin - An SNK Tribute," which won 1st place in the action/dance general category at AnimeUSA, is up for download. Song is Prodigy's "Smack My Bitch Up," and the footage is from various SNK games.

I would appreciate people giving opinions of this video and my other videos, but I can't promise to do any opinion trades. I'm on dialup, so downloading videos is a real pain, you see... *sigh*

Anyways, go download!
zenmetsu

WOW!

Postby silentdragon » Fri Oct 25, 2002 11:11 pm

I was also thinking of an SNK tribute video and I thought it was a good idea. It was gonna be a song with energy, with character and a moody ending.

And then I see this...

DAMN. How can I hold a candle up to this level of editing and quality? Excellent video man, and great job! :D I was in that contest too for Ninja Scroll, novice category though. Only problem is some sound quality at the beginning. Sounds like a bad bit-depth and sample rate. Also, the mpeg "squarks" easily, some brief errors. Might be a transfer glitch on your or my end. Besides this, its the SNK tribute we all wanted but didn't have the ballz to do. :wink:

[[s][d][s]]
silentdragon

Postby Tom the Fish » Sat Oct 26, 2002 10:30 am

I'm really glad to see this online. It got my vote for best of show at AXNY.

Tom
Tom the Fish

Postby zenmetsu » Sat Oct 26, 2002 10:28 pm

Thanks for the replies, guys.

silentdragon: As for audio quality, if you're referring to the very beginning, it's like that in the actual song. And if I understand the "squarks" thing you're talking about, it's a problem my brother was having with playing all my videos, and some other people's videos. He downloaded a newer version of his mpeg codec, and that seemed to fix it. Hope maybe that can help? Oh, and I remember seeing your Ninja Scroll video at AnimeUSA, it rocked. ^_^ Looking forward to seeing more stuff from you in the future.

Tom the Fish: Wow, it was actually shown in the contest at AXNY? That's great. When I went to AX in Long Beach CA, I found that they were appearantly intending to show it as a non-competing video, but the contest was so mixed up they didn't show it at all. -_-;; Guess they got their act together by the time AXNY rolled around. So uhh, thanks for the vote there. ^_^
zenmetsu

Return to AMV Announcements