NEW LODOSS VID W/ NIGHTWISH

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
requiett
Org Profile

NEW LODOSS VID W/ NIGHTWISH

Post by requiett » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:19 pm

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:31 pm

HOLY HELL!!! :shock:
ImageImage

KnX
Org Profile

Post by KnX » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:30 pm

from the 59th second there are some red squears which don't fit in by mine opinion
They don't catch sounds or anything
from 2:18-2:25 there are some circles which don't catch sounds rythm or anything
The lip sync at the same place can be a lot better
And there are to meny fade to blacks
[img:f4eb524ba3]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1312/blahrs5.jpg[/img:f4eb524ba3]
[[b:f4eb524ba3]perfect © moon[/b:f4eb524ba3]][color=#8700d5:f4eb524ba3]spirit[/color:f4eb524ba3]

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:37 pm

OK, first things first. Low resolution. You can do better than that. Low resolution makes Lodoss look worse than it does to begin with.

The red squares are just odd. The rings around 2:00 got old really fast, and the strobing around 3:40 is annoying. Technically well edited, but the strobe-into-submission attack gets old after a few seconds. Par for the course.

The fades we well used, but you could have stood to mix it up a bit.

You handled the death of Ashram nicely, Pirotess was a nice touch. The stop-motion technique looks familiar, but you used it well.

I'm still working on if there's a story here, or just a series of independant battles. Either way, though, a video being 1/8th bumper is just a bit much.

Oh, and IRC is still better than AIM for a variety of technical and philosophical reasons.

yonestie
Org Profile

Post by yonestie » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:10 am

good loddoss vid.
I found this different from your usual style
don't really undertand the meaning of the ring, and there's maybe too much fades, but the shine is pretty well used.
especially liked the intro & outro!

Warheart
Org Profile

Post by Warheart » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:12 am

Well most things I have to say were already mentioned by Kalium, but oh well. The first thing is the the fact that the videoquality was just bad. I don't know why your newer videos lack video quality you already made some videos that had really good quality but I guess it sometimes depends on the sources as well than just on the encoding and filtering. But there's so much macro-blocking in this amv that it's really a pain for the eyes. And another big issue are those ugly borders.

Refering to the Editing most things are quite enjoyable, like some already wrote the red squares and the rings were not really nice to watch but in other places there were some really awsome effects which are especially effective for the scenes you used them on for example 4:32 - 4:35 (I guess shine is the most beautyful effect ever) or 1:59 - 2:02. Actually I was a bit disappointed you didn't use as much effects as usual, ok I have to admit a FX-Overkill amv wouldn't fit to the anime but I'd like to see that since I've always loved your trippy style. Timing overall was ok but I noticed some cuts seemed to be slightly off. All in all a nice video, I think I'll keep it for a time untill the music gets on my nevers since I don'T like Nightwish at all.

Brsrk
Org Profile

Post by Brsrk » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:50 am

OMG A NEW REQUIETT VIDEO!!!

/me downloads and will watch after work

I was thinking about something Nightwish to Lodoss OVA, but nothing ever clicked. You sir, are a good editor.

and Kalium: don't get him started on that again, PLEASE.
Pwolf wrote:that music was way to "happy" for an anime as dramatic as the kenshin ova... your an evil evil person :P :up: Pwolf
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=87528

requiett
Org Profile

Post by requiett » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:37 pm

Yeah, Kal. That's what happens when you're as good as me. People expect top notch quality with every vid.

Last time I obnoxiously poked my nose into IRC (BRSRK THOUGHT I WASN'T ME FOR A GOOD 15 MINUTES), I was told "Requiett" got banned for calling everyone noobs and being a general nuisance. Aquasky's like the only one who's even been paying any real attention to that room (I can't understand why. It sucks to high hell in there.)

No. The reason I was banned was because I called ONE person a "gap-toothed trailer-park trodding cousin-fucker," upon which I was TEMP-banned. I KNOWINGLY broke my ban not once, not twice, but upwards of 15 times. This got me permanently banned, because I hated IRC to begin with. Every time I went into that room, I PREACHED constantly about how horrible IRC was.

A.D. agrees with some of my points, but refuses to leave IRC's wing for "lack of a better alternative." OH WELL.

Anyway... smart-ass criticism aside, thanks for the cool comments on this LAZILY edited video.
:P

SuperFusion
Org Profile

Post by SuperFusion » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:54 pm

requiett wrote: It sucks to high hell in there.)
x2

And the vid itself was cool :o

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”