Incomplete Videos Mix

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Sierra Lorna/silver_moon
Org Profile

Incomplete Videos Mix

Post by Sierra Lorna/silver_moon » Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:30 pm

We took all of the unfinished videos that we've made over the years and put them all together into one thirteen-minute long video. There's five incomplete videos by silver_moon, five by Sierra Lorna, and three that we made together:

Title: Incomplete Videos Mix
Song: Various
Anime: Various
Link: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=57829

Enjoy. :wink:

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:10 pm

Ah, another series of incomplete videos released. Not the first, and probably not the last..

That said, I have to admit to finding "Cotton Eye Vash' hilarious. "Magenta Feelings" I also liked, but I am known to be partial to both sappiness and AMG (to say the least).

It's always interesting to see what doesn't get finished and why.

Lone Wolf
Org Profile

Post by Lone Wolf » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:25 pm

Once I saw your names, I had to get it. As you know, I'm a big fanboy of your works, you two. :)

WOW! A lot of those videos were fantastic! I'll give you examples:

====================

"Kryptonite" - Use of transitions from one scene to the next was good. It flowed very smoothly.

"Addicted to Bass" - Great lip-sync and beat-sync. I think I even saw that as the camera rotated around Yuna, a glare from one of the lights hit the screen exactly on the beat.

"Cotton Eye Vash" - LOL! GREAT! The text effects were really good and the whole idea was hilarious!

"Magenta Feelings" - I haven't heard that song in so long that I forgot it even existed. Actually, I completely forgot about Savage Garden until I saw your video using Crash and Burn. As for this video, I really liked the effect at the beginning, with the strobing and fading and zooming into her eye. You used lots of scene changes that matched with how frantic he was singing, and that was good.

"Couldn't Get Away" - I really like that song...it's a very cool cover. I'm interested!

"Overdrive" - Cool beat-sync, especially at the part where you used in-game footage.

"Fly High" - You pointed out some very interesting similarities between the shows. I really like the cut-up/bar/box effect you did on top of the cool scenes you used to put behind it.

"Last Impression" - Awesome action! Also, you were right...that is a really cool song! And you shouldn't have worried about DW...two creators are always better than one!

====================

In conclusion...I LUB YOU BOTH! You should really consider finishing some of those! You can be sure that I'd download them!
Lone Wolf's AMV Pimpage:

silver_moon
Org Profile

Post by silver_moon » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:33 pm

Thanks, Kalium and Lone Wolf. :)
Kalium wrote:You should really consider finishing some of those! You can be sure that I'd download them!
We've tried doing that a few times... Sierra tried to redo "Cotton Eye Vash" again, but she didn't get very far. And the version of "Fly High" in the video is actually a second version... the original video was Sierra's idea and she started editing it by herself a while ago then quit. About a year later, I told her the idea was cool and we should try finishing it together. Again, we didn't get very far.
ImageImage

silver_moon
Org Profile

Post by silver_moon » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:35 pm

Oops, that quote was supposed to be Lone Wolf's. :oops:
ImageImage

Coffee 54
Org Profile

Post by Coffee 54 » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:41 pm

It's amazing the perfectly good things you can find going through someone else trash, clothes, toothbrushes, sandwiches, AMV's. This is the first mix of this kind I've personally seen and, it was very enjoyable. If I had to pick favorites they would be "Kryptonite," from Silver Moon, "Cotton Eye Vash," from Sierra Lorna, and "Fly High," from both.

Lone Wolf
Org Profile

Post by Lone Wolf » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:45 pm

Hehe...don't worry. I also want you to know that this vid is now worthy of AMV Pimpage!
\/
||
||
V
Lone Wolf's AMV Pimpage:

Roccket
Org Profile

Post by Roccket » Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:41 am

Oh, that was pretty nice. I presonnaly liked Kryptonite, Moon, I need you and Everything, Everything (gaaah I was expecting the chorus in this one >.< ).
Hope some of them will have an end ;)

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:29 pm

Good job, technically all videos were on a very good level of editing :)
For all of these videos I can see an understandable reason why they weren't finished, they all lack something artistically. On top of that the anime-variation in your projects wasn't / isn't very large :P

silver_moon
Org Profile

Post by silver_moon » Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:07 pm

JCD wrote:On top of that the anime-variation in your projects wasn't / isn't very large
LOL, I know. Sierra and I noticed that... we're like "wow, we made a lot of Oh My Goddess videos, didn't we?" :)

Thanks for the replies, everyone. :wink:
ImageImage

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”