My Video

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
MattD
Org Profile

My Video

Post by MattD » Sat Sep 28, 2002 12:16 am

Hi could you all please tell me what you think about my video? Check it out at http://www.madmusicvids.vze.com thanks a lot.

- Matt -
- Matt -

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Sat Sep 28, 2002 12:41 am

Okay, time for brutal honesty. It's not a terrible video, but if you did a quick <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/legacy/ ... >search</a>, you would've seen that there are over 1000 Dragonball related videos. Most are terribly edited, are poor quality footage wise, and redundant, which brings me to my next point. Your video is in low quality Realmedia format, and frankly, it just doesn't shine. The song has a tired, overused aspect to it. Also, most people don't like Realplayer because of numerous reasons I don't feel like going into, so they won't be able or willing to see your video.

So in conclusion:

1. Dragonball whatever videos are overdone, and the well is poisoned. Few people are willing to look at them. You will need to broaden your anime horizons all around, if you haven't already, to succeed, AMV and conversation wise. Ask around in the "General Anime" for recommendations, and be sure to list what you've seen already.

2. Realmedia is not a good choice of format, for anything. Use DivX or MPEG next time.

3. Something to keep in mind regarding future videos: if the song is new and big and out there, it has probably already been done to death here.

4. You seem to have decent potential, if you get some of the moves down and experiment and practice. Check out Ermac's <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/legacy/ ... ">guide</a> as a starting point. Also remember, being a "forum playah" can get you more publicity for your vids.

Good luck in your future AMVs!
I'm out...

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Sat Sep 28, 2002 2:41 am

Right on!!! 8)
ImageImage

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”