AWA pro video "Silence" posted

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
aluminumstudios
Org Profile

Post by aluminumstudios » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:36 am

Jebadia wrote: One thing that got to me, and I had a feeling it would, but a lot of it seemed reminiscent of Paladine's Silence vid, which was edited in same style but not as cleanly done (not by far) as your's was.
I've been freinds with Farrell Lecorps (Paladine) since before AnimeMusicVideos.org was around. His video Silence was the original inspiration for this one. I asked him if he minded me borrowing from it's style and gave me his blessing. He was actually quite excited about it. I made sure to include his name on the closing credit screen.
~William Milberry
Aluminum Studios
http://www.aluminumstudios.com

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:54 am

Hmm, I still remember what I meant when you pre-announced this. I saw it on the AWA pro discs then and loved it :) It works pretty well with your style since it's sentimental.
I didn't get the point of some effects right away but I assume there was one for every little manipulation you have done.
The song is great as well.

Good job! :)

Jebadia
Org Profile

Post by Jebadia » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:27 pm

aluminumstudios wrote:
Jebadia wrote: One thing that got to me, and I had a feeling it would, but a lot of it seemed reminiscent of Paladine's Silence vid, which was edited in same style but not as cleanly done (not by far) as your's was.
I've been freinds with Farrell Lecorps (Paladine) since before AnimeMusicVideos.org was around. His video Silence was the original inspiration for this one. I asked him if he minded me borrowing from it's style and gave me his blessing. He was actually quite excited about it. I made sure to include his name on the closing credit screen.
OH, cool beans (slaps self to never reading credits). BTW do you have any other videos in the works, or was this one your big project of the year?
"If you believe in yourself, eat all your school, stay on milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep, and get your eight hours of drugs, you can get WORK!"
Paperskunk:...PENIS!!!!!!!!! GIANT PENIS!!!!!!!!!! ERMAC WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!!!!! GIANT JUICY PENIS!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH MY EYES!!!!!!

Alice [OLSP]
Org Profile

Post by Alice [OLSP] » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:55 pm

NEW ALUMINUM VIDEO!!! OMG!!! *rushes to DL*

aluminumstudios
Org Profile

Post by aluminumstudios » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:05 pm

Unfortunatly this is my one big one of the year. With fairly intense Japanese classes and other things taking my time I just can't devote the time to creative stuff that I used to ;_;

With what little free time I do have, I've got a serious itch to explore doing original animation. A friend who is an increadible artist and I've been talking about trying to work on an original project, so if I get started on that I probably won't be able to do any AMV stuff for a while...
~William Milberry
Aluminum Studios

Alice [OLSP]
Org Profile

Post by Alice [OLSP] » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:17 pm

Mr. Milberry, or whatever you would have us call you...I've been a huge fan of your works since you created your website a few years back. I can honestly say that studios such as yours and More Than Toast (moreso yours) are what inspired me to persue the hobby of AMV editing.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, whatever you choose to do, I wish you the best. Thank you for all the inspiration and motivation...I'll long to see more from you, but at least I have what you've shared with us in the past. It will continue to take my breath away.

This one was no different. I'll be opping it soon. I feel you've really outdone yourself in the effects department this time...and wonderfully so. The music was haunting but comforting, and the visuals really brought everything to life in a surreal kind of feeling...I almost felt like I was sinking into the video at some points.

Thank you...and best of luck in whatever you persue.

aluminumstudios
Org Profile

Post by aluminumstudios » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:27 pm

Will is fine ^_^;

I get a little embarassed with praising comments like that, but thanks, that means a lot to me.

It makes me feel bad that time is marching on and videos that I can pour myself into are becoming fewer and further between.

I have to amend my previous post though - I'm not going to stop AMV cold so I can explore original animation - there are is a group project that I would really like to do a track for next year and someone just asked me if I"d be interested in another colaborative project that sounded very cool ....
~William Milberry
Aluminum Studios

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:58 pm

aluminumstudios wrote:Will is fine ^_^;

I get a little embarassed with praising comments like that, but thanks, that means a lot to me.

It makes me feel bad that time is marching on and videos that I can pour myself into are becoming fewer and further between.

I have to amend my previous post though - I'm not going to stop AMV cold so I can explore original animation - there are is a group project that I would really like to do a track for next year and someone just asked me if I"d be interested in another colaborative project that sounded very cool ....
Check your mailbox this weekend.... if it's not already full ;)
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:35 pm

That vid made me zone out... But in a good way :up:
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:23 pm

I first saw this at Otakon, in the same category as my video, of which I imediately gave up on any chance of winning after seeing this video play first ;p This was a breathtaking video. I was actually surprised that that Eva video got the win over this one. good job.

It got its much deserved recognition this time around at least ^^
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”