Shapeshifter Studios: New Maria-sama ga Miteru video

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
himemiya
Org Profile

Shapeshifter Studios: New Maria-sama ga Miteru video

Post by himemiya » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:46 pm

This video is posted today in honor of the Senate's rejection of the Federal Marriage Amendment.. *^^*

Tenjou and I have collaborated on our second video.. We had to work with very limited footage due to our chosen subject material (one and a half episodes), but I think that we made the most of it..

<A HREF="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... 496">Click here to reach the a-m-v.org profile</A>

<B>Title:</B> "End of Innocence"
<B>Anime:</B> <I>Maria-sama ga Miteru</I> or "The Virgin Mary is Watching"
<B>Song:</B> "Innocente" by Delerium
<B>Studio:</B> Shapeshifter Studios
<B>Themes:</B> Sei x Shiori romance, loss, rejection, coming of age, rain as a foreshadowing agent.. "I suppose that is the price of falling in love".. and my personal favorite: Tomboy Angst *^^*
<B>Media Information:</B> MPEG1 (21.5 MB) or higher quality XviD AVI (54.2 MB)
<B>Running Time:</B> 2 minutes, 41 seconds

Since <I>Maria-sama ga Miteru</I> is not a particularly well-known anime, I suppose I can say that it is *highly* inspired by anime like <I>Shoujo Kakumei Utena</I>, <I>Versailles no Bara</I>, and <I>Onii-sama E</I>.. In fact, you can see where the tomboy character of Sei (who is featured in this video) is also very influenced by famous tomboys of the past: Tenjou Utena (physical gestures, appearance), Arisugawa Juri (plot, initial somber personality), Tenoh Haruka (later flirtatious personality) and Oscar Francois de Jarjeyes (symbolism, appearance).. And the femme character in our video is named Shiori, too.. I mean, come on.. ^^;

It is about the happenings of council that is similar to a sorority at an all-girls' Catholic academy.. And of course, this is bound to spawn many instances of shoujo-ai.. ^^; It makes great usage of French culture, roses, and religion as symbolism.. Especially the Virgin Mary..

*himemiya

Fungie½
Org Profile

Post by Fungie½ » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:03 pm

This is definately a must see folks! Great shoujo-ai material ^_^ Much better attempt than my I Want You to Stay video ^_^;;

azulmagia
Org Profile

Post by azulmagia » Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:49 pm

I liked it, it's a really nice video. Yes, I noticed the influences....

rubyeye
Org Profile

Post by rubyeye » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:25 am

You need to remember to enter this at Yuri-con next year. It's perfect material for them, and quite lovely.

Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
Org Profile

Post by Jnzk » Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:51 am

Excellent song choice. ^^ A little short, I would have wanted to see more. :cry:

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:15 am

Very enchanting! And props on using Maria-sama ga Miteru; that series is seriously underrated. :P
ImageImage

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”