The Beast Inside - (Naruto)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
dcdeveloperx
Org Profile

Post by dcdeveloperx » Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:35 pm

first off naruto is a actually good anime because it has good plot development and character development, dbz does not. Second, stop spoiling shit for people who dont read the manga that high, or at least have a warning. third I agree that there hasnt been a single good naruto amv, maybe 1 i thought was ok, but that is it. Naruto is a good series, i enjoy watching it, Dbz is not a good series.
Newest Video: Alone

serebi
Org Profile

Post by serebi » Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:38 pm

yeah i have to agree.... i personally try not to make music videos using stuff that has been used alot or "popular"/"trendy"

I really like it when I am the first person to add an Artist or Song or Anime to the mega lists here.

And even before I knew about animemusicvideos.org and their lists of "most used animes" i had already vowed not to use the original linkin' park songs "papercut" or the animes Rurouni Kenshin .. Dragonball (x) .. Evangelion.. among others.

Though I have used "Crawling in my skin" by linkin' park on my third music video.. im sure i was the first to use Ppr:Kut (Papercut from Reanimation) by linkin' park. (go ahead and prove me wrong, it raelly doesn't matter now.)

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:03 pm

If you click on the most used anime link on the main member page you will see:

404 - Naruto - 1.39%

That is a lot for a rather new series. :?

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:11 pm

dcdeveloperx wrote:Dbz is not a good series.
You say that, but I know the truth :P :wink: :shock:
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

Katsumi_AMVs
Org Profile

Post by Katsumi_AMVs » Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:31 pm

The only "prob" , is that I've watching too many Naruto amvs with just fighting scenes like almost DBZ amvs , and if somebody make a Naruto amv just with fighting scenes with Linkin Park song ppl will compare that vid with LBZ ,that's the point doesn't matter what anime or song you're using in your vid , you just have to create an original amv with something more than just *cool* fighting scenes . . . . just my opinion :roll:
SSJVegita0609 wrote:You say that, but I know the truth :P :wink: :shock:
:shock: :lol:
Nothing usefull here .

AHaskins
Org Profile

Post by AHaskins » Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:59 pm

I draw a simple line between the combat differences of Dragonball Z and Naruto

Dragonball Z -

Goku: It is a wonderful day, nothing bad can happen

Misc Bad Guy: Haha! You will all die!

Goku: nuh uh!

Misc Bad Guy: yuh huh!

Goku: We will fight!

Misc Bad Guy: Wait for 5 minutes and do nothing while I unleash my power!

Goku: Okay! I'll eat a sandwitch! Take your time!

*insert flashy colors here*

Misc Bad Guy: Haha! My power level is 2 gajillion!

Goku: Nooooooo!!!! My power level is only 1 gajillion!

Misc Bad Guy: Hah! You will die!

Goku: Aaaahhhh! I have been beaten!

Misc Bad Guy: Haha!

*insert gasping for 5 minutes*

Goku: Wait! I forgot! I have a power level of 3 gajillion, I just haven't powered up enough! Wait there in a stupor while I charge!

Misc Bad Guy: Certainly! Oh, look, you didn't finish your sandwitch from earlier! Do you mind!?

Goku: Go right ahead!

Misc Bad Guy: Bah! I am dead!

*insert cheering till the end of the episode*

Now, I planned on making a similar thing for Naruto, but I realized that I don't want to bother making another one of those things. If you are looking for good examples of what makes Naruto better in only the combat aspects then watch episodes 8 or 64.

However, that's just combat. I believe the best thing about Naruto is character development. Even the most vague character has an entire history behind him.

...on the other hand, while I haven't watched all of the DBZ episodes (thankfully), I can almost certainly say that all the history we get on the characters is....well....... nothing. (i.e. compare Frieza's known history to Gaara's)[/i]

AHaskins
Org Profile

Post by AHaskins » Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:01 am

Paulo wrote:you just have to create an original amv with something more than just *cool* fighting scenes . . . . just my opinion :roll:
Just out of curiosity, do you think that I achieved that with my video?

(sorry for the double post)

Katsumi_AMVs
Org Profile

Post by Katsumi_AMVs » Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:05 am

AHaskins wrote:
Paulo wrote:you just have to create an original amv with something more than just *cool* fighting scenes . . . . just my opinion :roll:
Just out of curiosity, do you think that I achieved that with my video?

(sorry for the double post)
Oops sorry I forgot to talk about your vid being a little more specific :shock:

Well I'm not trying to be an ass(nobody here it is) and just say that your vid is not good ,but if I(us) lie , maybe you'll never try to improve your work when you make your amvs , so . . .

Well, I like LP a lot , I've used the same song in one of my newbie vids . . . . uhh no it's not LBZ lol . . . well the vid it is a crappy newbie vid , but at least I've tried to sync beats and match some lyrics , I can't say to you if the results are good , because it's my own vid , if you think it works or not , you have to tell me , but what I'm trying to say is that you have to pay more attention to lyrics / song beats / song mood , sometimes you just keep the scenes running without any cut in your vid .That's the usual mistakes that all new amv creators make in their LBZ vids , and maybe that was a reason to other members make that connection with LBZ vids . . . I dunno

IMO a good amv is the one that you can feel that the creator felt the song enough to put the right scene at the right place(match lyrics) with the right timing , but that is just my opinion you don't have to listen to me if you disagree :wink:
Nothing usefull here .

serebi
Org Profile

Post by serebi » Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:48 am

amen to that brethren.

AHaskins
Org Profile

Post by AHaskins » Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:16 am

Thanks, actually. I needed that. I usually try to make vids that match the words, but for some reason all my friends told me to ignore the words just this once and try to make an amv that only tells a story.

"crappy newbie vid"

...*laughs*.... thanks

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”