A video as good as Scott's

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Trunksoul
Org Profile

A video as good as Scott's

Post by Trunksoul » Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:16 pm

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=22024

I really wanted this vid to be good, I believe that you guys won't just leave this video in the cold just because i used a theme that isn't too new
I tried to get power and beat , and if someone looks at this vid it'll mean something different to everyone this isn't something you just throw away after you get.

TokyoU15
Org Profile

Post by TokyoU15 » Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:08 pm

lol...Well, I already threw it away.

Don't be too proud of your won work and don't compare it to others...really, it is pathetic.

But nice attempt at creating something somewhat worthwile for LinkenBallZ videos. It had decent editing, but bad bad video quality. And the intro is horrible. Lip Sync is really REALLY off.

Don't take this as an attempt to flame you or LinkenBallZ vids, just trying to help.
<a href="http://www.senpaiproductions.net">Image</a>
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... =326">View My Profile</a>
The Thrill of The Kill Is Alive and Well!

Trunksoul
Org Profile

Post by Trunksoul » Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:47 pm

Don't feel like this is yoru fault but, i won't make
another editing ever. you and your friends are the kind of people who made 'Myorangesky" think his videos were not good and give up on editing. It makes me feel bad that you can't appreciate this after all the people who went out and got dvds just so you would stop complaining. I won't go out and get a dvd , go on hours making it into my editor just so you say "that's good quality" I din't make a video to make you people think i was a great video maker i thought that if i did something i actually would like to do, you people would see through all the dumb things and see the video, the way i have seen danny or sean videos you won't see a great video, your help will make people that dono't have a mind of their own try to be better for people on a message board , people like that can't make anything but a shallow video a person does a have a mind of his own will quit on your whinny view and just go to a new thing, I have been in music videos about four years I have been told my videos weren't all that good but you dind't even love the video enough to tell me what you thought I could have done, and what you actually that was alright about the video. You didn't spend 4 minutes thinking up your post and your feelings on my video you might have thought " the post after the review may attract people to get the video or tell them not to all i have is your opinion, and someone who might've loved the video may not get it, I am not blaming every last thing on you but next time think twice before you say something half thunk, you could be convincing someone to quit.

Good bye

Tab.
Org Profile

Post by Tab. » Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:53 pm

christ, scott's video sucked. I got a headache from the video being consistantly.. like.. 2fps.

Trunks, Try to average more than 3 periods per paragraph.
◔ ◡ ◔

TokyoU15
Org Profile

Post by TokyoU15 » Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:22 pm

Trunks, Try to average more than 3 periods per paragraph.
My sentiments exactly...and like ErMaC says (or someone on here...), "Paragraphs are your friend". Please, I don't need a bigger headache reading your overly long , sad, pathetic post.
Don't feel like this is yoru fault but, i won't make
another editing ever.
Saves us the bandwidth and whinny little punks like you, thanks 8)

you and your friends are the kind of people who made 'Myorangesky" think his videos were not good and give up on editing.
umm..Who's "Myorangesky"? You're blaming me for something that happened to someone else that I had absolutely NO involvement in?
And for the record, I don't have any friends on the org. I'm only aquinted with very VERY few people here.
It makes me feel bad that you can't appreciate this after all the people who went out and got dvds just so you would stop complaining.I won't go out and get a dvd , go on hours making it into my editor just so you say "that's good quality" I din't make a video to make you people think i was a great video maker
I'm not complaining about anything, I'm just simply stating that the video was quality was at the most, average. I'm not forcing you, or anyone else to go out and buy DVD's for my amusement. I can careless what people use for footage, but keep in mind you're releasing this to the public...YOU WANT it to be seen, so please think a little bit here...Most people like to see clean, clear image quality, not some crude, headache inducing crap.

i thought that if i did something i actually would like to do, you people would see through all the dumb things and see the video, the way i have seen danny or sean videos you won't see a great video,
First and foremost, take a grammar class because you are so fucking incoherent it's giving me a headache...seriously. Trying to decipher your what you're saying is like trying to understand a complex programming script.

Anyway, do what you want to do. Nobody is making you please us, but if that's the case, be prepared for more assholes like myself to come here and point out the flaws in your video. You're releasing it to the general public, hence we have the right to say what we like about it.
your help will make people that dono't have a mind of their own try to be better for people on a message board , people like that can't make anything but a shallow video a person does a have a mind of his own will quit on your whinny view and just go to a new thing,
First of all, if they quit simply because people are offering help they're just overly sensitive and need to leave because this place is full of "assholes". Nobody here is asking them to please us, we're simply giving them our thoughts on the product they released and ASKED us to watch. Again...I'm not whinning.

I have been in music videos about four years I have been told my videos weren't all that good but you dind't even love the video enough to tell me what you thought I could have done, and what you actually that was alright about the video.
4 years? Then you should be a lot better than what you just put out damnit. Don't do music videos because you can, do them because you have a passion for music and anime. I told you what I liked and disliekd about the video...good = Editing, bad =video quality! How hard is that to understand? You want me to go into a more in depth review of your video? Ok, well it certainly wasn't entertaining enough and it's just a rehash of all other DBZ action videos with NOTHING new to offer. Lip synching is horrible...want more?

You didn't spend 4 minutes thinking up your post and your feelings on my video you might have thought " the post after the review may attract people to get the video or tell them not to all i have is your opinion, and someone who might've loved the video may not get it, I am not blaming every last thing on you but next time think twice before you say something half thunk, you could be convincing someone to quit.
Again...completely fucking incoherent. My post was not meant to detract viewers, but to simply give you my thoughts. Now, those who don't watch the video because of my opinion then THEY can't think for themselves. Don't blame me for their ignorance.

I'm not blaming you, but I'm quite tired of half ass DBZ linkenballZ videos...next time, try harder on your AMV.

:evil:
<a href="http://www.senpaiproductions.net">Image</a>
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... =326">View My Profile</a>
The Thrill of The Kill Is Alive and Well!

You choose Sam,the rest
Org Profile

Post by You choose Sam,the rest » Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:31 pm

-golf claps-

MAS PRODUCTIONS
Org Profile

Post by MAS PRODUCTIONS » Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:54 am

You choose Sam,the rest wrote:-golf claps-
And now for some random golf clapping from some guy

As far as the compaint about not wanting to edit goes. If you cant take critizism, than any kind of editing or art work just isn't for you. Artists are constantly being critisized. Its critisizm that makes you better at your art form. Believe it or not but AMVs are an art form and the more experience you have and the more critisized you get the better you become at your skill. Making AMVs isn't easy and making AMVs that people enjoy is even harder. But its the strive to make a vid that someone will like that gives us all the most joy in making them. I myself have been around in the AMV world for like 3 years and I still haven't made a vid I believe to be great, but its my goal to make a video that I feel is truly great. Although it is my goal to get to that point, I kinda dread it too, because once I accomlish that goal I wont have anything to strive for anymore.

Dont let critizism get you down, listen to what the people say and see if what they say is true. If it is than keep working at it and try to make it better.
"What about us lesbians? . . . Your gonna burn in hell of course!" - MXC
"Hey dont knock masturbation, its sex with someone I love!" -- Woody Allen
"Evil will always triumph 'cuz good is dumb!" - Dark Helmet

Nemoxs
Org Profile

d

Post by Nemoxs » Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:11 pm

I think you've been ripped enough this week for the subject title, so I'll just say.

The video was... ok.

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:53 pm

I din't make a video to make you people think i was a great video maker i thought that if i did something i actually would like to do,
This is an outright lie, because if you did this because YOU wanted to, and not because you're desperate for attention, then all the members of this board all saying they hated it would not mean a damn thing.

If you're in this for attention, either wise up or quit. Seriously. And I believe this about the skilled AMV editors who think the same way. If your mom didn't hug you enough as a child or something, this is not the place to make up for it.

Wonka
Org Profile

Post by Wonka » Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:55 pm

SarahtheBoring wrote:
I din't make a video to make you people think i was a great video maker i thought that if i did something i actually would like to do,
This is an outright lie, because if you did this because YOU wanted to, and not because you're desperate for attention, then all the members of this board all saying they hated it would not mean a damn thing.

If you're in this for attention, either wise up or quit. Seriously. And I believe this about the skilled AMV editors who think the same way. If your mom didn't hug you enough as a child or something, this is not the place to make up for it.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”