SWISH [The First Slam Dunk AMV]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
ProstrateConstantly
Org Profile

SWISH [The First Slam Dunk AMV]

Post by ProstrateConstantly » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:12 pm

Very grateful to have the chance to throw together this video that I hope can reflect the reconciliation of inner turmoil and drive through connections with family and colleagues.

Here are some great interview quotes from people who inspire me, both of which I debated putting over the intro before I realized it was best to let the waves speak for themselves 🌊 [shoutout Dan Gibson]:

"Music, regardless of what it is, what label we put on, is basically creative, because when you think about it, after it's over, it's gone in the air, you can never capture it again, so it's pure creation. When you listen to Beethoven, Brahms, or you listen to Mingus or Coltrane or Stravinsky, Ravel or Duke Ellington or Sonny Rollins, Roland Kirk, Oscar Peterson, Ella Fitzgerald, this all has to be." ~ Eric Dolphy, 1964

"Well, I think that music, being an expression of the human heart, or of the human being itself, does express just what is happening. I feel it expresses the whole thing - the whole of human experience at the particular time that it is being expressed. [...]
[Talking about some critical dismissal he received from reviewers in Down Beat magazine] Although there was a time I kind of froze up on those people at Down Beat. I felt that they were letting their weakness direct their actions, which l didn't feel they should have. But the test was for me. They could do what they wanted to. The thing for me was to remain firm in what I was doing. [..] And coming out of it, it was just like I always said, man: when you go through these crises and you come out of them, you're definitely stronger, in a great sense." ~John Coltrane, 1966

SWISH!

EDIT: Toei issued a copyright takedown for the vid. I'll be contesting it for the next while but in the meantime here's a copy hosted on Google Drive:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”