Final Fantasy VII Remake - Advent Resurrections

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Sephzilla
Org Profile

Final Fantasy VII Remake - Advent Resurrections

Post by Sephzilla » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:54 pm

Has it really been 16 years since I've put out an AMV? I can't believe it.

Years ago, I created mashup trailers that put the trailers for Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions to footage from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children because of the neat story and visual parallels I found between the two sources. Fast forward all these years later, and we all received a new Matrix movie as well as Final Fantasy VII Remake. After playing the remake and watching Matrix Resurrections, I noticed even more interesting story parallels between the two. Specifically, what stood out to me was how both stories touched on some aspects of history repeating itself and protagonists becoming aware of it while also remembering their pasts.

This lead me to, essentially, unretire from AMV creation and make my newest entry in my Matrix/FFVII mashup which I have dubbed Advent Resurrections. The one thing I tried most to do to replicate some of what the fourth Matrix movie did was show some flashbacks/forwards using footage from the "past" of FFVII. Considering this is an AMV that's made after a 16 year hiatus from editing, I'm really proud with how this turned out. I hope you all enjoy it.

AltruisticCrono
Org Profile

Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake - Advent Resurrections

Post by AltruisticCrono » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:17 pm

In the side-by-side comparison to the original trailer, there's several parts where your trailer fits better and more impactful than the source material. What a way to debut a new video in 2023 and improve upon the skills learned from the previous Advent trailers!

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake - Advent Resurrections

Post by Kireblue » Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:15 am

The lip sync felt a bit off at times, but this was really good. Great job :beer:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”